Author Topic: Ohio Drivers  (Read 668 times)

Offline GreenBison

Ohio Drivers
« on: June 15, 2013, 02:16:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "[Ohio drivers] stop at green lights (waiting for it to get greener presumably). They drive 50 on interstates. They drive 40 in the passing lane on interstates. They lock up their brakes and stop at 70 MPH on interstates. They go 30 on the parkway. They stop for hills. They stop for curves in the road. They stop if it rains, they stop if the sun is shining. In snow, they become babbling retards. They dont know how to merge. They straddle two lanes on the interstate. When I see an Ohio plate on a car near me I do whatever i can to to switch lanes, speed away , or even turn off the road to avoid them. " - Scott Stetzer

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Drivers-Suck/320310750239
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

Ohio Drivers
    « on: June 15, 2013, 02:16:03 AM »

Offline marshallz13

Re: Ohio Drivers
    « Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:08:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not that bad

Offline MUther

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:17:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Made a habit of looking when passing a fender bender.  I'd say about 75% of the time at least one car has Ohio tags.  The others are cell phone junkies and old bastards. 

If you can somehow avoid those demographics you're probably gonna be ok.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wilk tell you that one of the reasons i will one day move back to wv from ohio is the driving of OH residents. Unbelievable. I pass the same car routinely on cruise 4 or 5 tines before they get off their exit. Pass you, get in front, slow down, i have to pass then to keep from hitting them on cruise, i get over, they see a car in front of them so they have to pass.... rinse repeat. If it rains, they do drive 50 on the interstate, this post would be an 8 page paper if i let it all out! Lol, my biggest gripe about moving to OH is just driving with them beside me on the road.

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 02:39:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree 100%. Overall the worst drivers in America.

Let's all go 50 mph in the passing lane on the interstate.

In their defense though. I have learned (engaged to a girl from Ohio) that it is not illegal to just hang out in the passing lane of the interstate in Ohio. I have also realized that they do not have much room to merge onto the interstate after getting on the "on ramp."

Ok I've done all I can to try and see why they are so bad but at the end of the day they are still the worst drivers in America.

Offline clovenhoof

Re: Re: Ohio Drivers
    « Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agreed. When I see a driver do something dangerously stupid, it's usually an Ohio plate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just got home from the beach. Any time there was a log jam in the passing lane, you can bet that the leader had Ohio tags. They must make you drive 5 miles under the speed limit in the left lane in order to pass your drivers test. We no longer call it the passing lane. It's now called the Ohio Lane.

Offline jstherd

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24, would you consider moving back NOW? Hope so.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24, would you consider moving back NOW? Hope so.

As soon as my contract is up for work, you bet.

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have more speeding tickets then most of you on this board.................and I live in Ohio.

Offline mxman870

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guarantee you I have never held any of you perfect w va drivers up. Matter of fact a w va driver was flying in formation in the passing lane from Burlington to Ashland a little bit ago. So there are dumba$$ divers in both states. Suck it.

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ......After a fairly uneventful ride over from Lexington to Beckley on 64, In very short time, an Ohio "tagged" jeep with I have to admit, a rather attractive female decided to check the braking distance on my full size GMC ext.cab pickup. Yes, I was traveling 80 in a 70 just like I had on 66,81 and 64. Its called flow of traffic. 80 in the left lane and draggin *ss on the right. Outside of an Hispanic trucker or two on 81 that was the rule........Until, jeep babe with the Ohio "tags" swung out from behind the trucker, left into my path.......When I got ole faithful slowed down, the speedo was just under 50. She looked rather sheepishly as I rolled on by, but honestly, she only give me about 100 feet +-. No way when she "whipped it out", was she making more than 40. Thanks be to Jesus and ABS. The ride from there, all way to Huntington, Ohio "tagged" cars displayed the very same phenomenon described in this thread. 
    No political dreamer was ever wild enough to think of breaking down the lines which separate the States and compounding the American people into one common mass.
    John Marshall (1755 - 1835)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 07:39:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• That's because you live in a state that makes martial law look like a "walk in the park" when it comes to speed traps.   Always interesting to me that you pay these thugs good salaries and lifetime pensions/healthcare along with overtime to be hassled and ticketed into total submission.   

It's the primary reason you are the poorest drivers in the US.   Anyone driving the speed limit or above in Ohio it ticketed into submission.  That's fine if you want to be a docile sheeplike ameoba but the problem is that they come into other states and drive the same way even though many of the other states realize that it's no more unsafe driving at faster speeds with proper lane discipline and attention than it is to drive 5 miles under the speed limit putting along in the left lane on your cell phone or computer. 

Lane discipline (or lack thereof) and distractions kill way more people than doing 5-10 mph over the posted speed limit. 

You might consider raising your taxes and cutting back on the millions and millions you rake in on speeding tickets.
    “This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The worst driving sits inside 270! Even Cleveland, Cinci and Dayton are not as bad as Columbus... Now in West Va. The thing I notice mostly is the people going varying speeds. it seems some want to go 50 while others wanna go 80 and a lot of weaving in and out. Just my observations across 64. Still no doubt the drivers here in Ohio, for the most part, are horrid.

Fly I feel your pain. My girlfriend didn't know she could stay in the middle lane or slow lane. She would always go straight to the fast lane and go till I asked her what she was doing and how wrong that was. Then on a trip up to Cleveland I was miffed at what her driving instructor taught her. Good ole Ohio

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »