Author Topic: Really don't understand posters on this board  (Read 3085 times)

Online luvherd

Re: Really don't understand posters on this board
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cautiously optimistic. D and ST need to drastically improve. Tulsa game could be huge.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 08:18:09 PM »

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Me?

BHFI, I'm smart enough to know I'm smart but not that smart.

Others pretend to be that smart, and when outcomes prove otherwise, they try to weasel around the fact that they were proven not to be as smart as they pretended to be

Based on last few posts Stuart, you seem to troll other posts to work on your efforts to disprove or dispute their thinking, beliefs or "feelings".

This appears on the surface to be an anti whatever the other folks think and allows you to pontificate about your superior research and logic.

You obviously enjoy or gain significant gratification from putting down or calling out someone who just wanted to share their thoughts.

This is a message board for HERDFANS. It is not a place for dissertations or showing off "I'm smart enough to know I'm smart.."

I won't get in a pi$$ing contest with you, that usually results in folks getting wet and starting to smell later.

Hope you find another outlet for your efforts to display your desire to APPEAR superior in your analysis and research that meets your needs.

Online svherd

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ladies, its a message board, nobody is right, nobody is wrong. We all believe what we believe. Trying to make your case on here is futile, take it with a grain of salt, not personally. Glad I was set straight though.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2x said MOST are not informed. If you are referring to that comment I guess it means you dont agree with the game by game breakdown Banker posted. Care to clear that up? Game by game where is he wrong? Too many are trying to connect the failings of the last several yrs to a new yr on the way. No credit to a top ten offense. No admission that Doc has done several things to change the likelihood of an improved D. Gloomy projections really get old esp when there are no facts to back it up. Last yr doesnt mean $hit. Why expect so little?

Offline banker

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sturt, I would post some of your old stuff but since you post the same crap all the time it's really not necessary.

What was I so wrong about last year?  I said we would have to steal one against wvu, Purdue, Tulsa or ECU, we didn't.

Also, I make many posts each year about the upcoming season. Opinions evolve throughout the offseason and even into fall camp as injuries, arrests, etc occur. I find it very flattering that you would plow though hundreds of posts to find the particular ones that you liked. I didn't realize I meant so much to you. Is it because I pick on you for embarrassing Marshall fans on the CUSA board with the ignorance you post here and then export over there?

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I read his MAC stuff over there today. Looks like they think about as much of the rust belt as we do....lol.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 09:51:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2x said MOST are not informed. If you are referring to that comment I guess it means you dont agree with the game by game breakdown Banker posted. Care to clear that up? Game by game where is he wrong? Too many are trying to connect the failings of the last several yrs to a new yr on the way. No credit to a top ten offense. No admission that Doc has done several things to change the likelihood of an improved D. Gloomy projections really get old esp when there are no facts to back it up. Last yr doesnt mean $hit. Why expect so little?

There are no more FACTS to project a great season than there are another mediocre season. We had a top offense last year. What the D will do is speculation, not fact. Glitzy projections get old too, especially when there are no facts to back it up, and more especially when it comes from those who have predicted 8-10 wins for the last 8 years.
    I have 3 concerns about this year.
    1. Who was chiefly responsible for our offense doing so well last year? Tony or Bill?
    If Tony, I become more concerned. If Bill will do enough to keep the opponents from being able to adjust to our offense and somewhat negate our main advantage (offense).
    2. Can Heater get enough done to make the D respectable or better?  
    3. Will the OC try too hard to balance the attack between rushing and passing when it's not necessary.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 10:12:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wanna bet fifty a game?

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wanna bet fifty a game?

Is this your idea of "facts"?

You are asking me to bet against the Herd? We would have to lose for me to win money. When we win, I lose money. That's a lose-lose. No thanks.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Good post Banker and I agree. To really get the ball rolling, I think we go into Ohio this year with a huge chip on our shoulder. Cato hasn't forgotten that embarrassing loss we took there two years ago. Revenge will be sweet.

I think we finish 9-3 or 10-2.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • me too

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 10:45:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll bet this won't happen...

GS.
    i will bet 6-6 won't happen and I say that as someone who doesn't think Doc is a strong coach.

Wager?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 10:45:15 PM »

Offline banker

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 11:42:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Extra, by your own admission you haven't been to a game, let alone a practice, in several years. You are in no position to offer any facts concerning the 2013 version of the Marshall football team. You are in no position to offer any meaningful dialogue comparing or constrasting the differences in personnel between the 2012 team and the 2013 team. You have not seen any of the props, redshirt, or mid year guys in pads playing live football.

The only thing you have is an undying love of Bobby Pruett and the belief that he's the only coach that Marshall can win with.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just like Sonny Randle said when Moss leaped the Army guy on his way to 90 yr TD......OOOOHHHHHHH  MYYYYYY

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • love, no pissing contest here... but I deserve more credit than that.

All I've done here is to explore what banker says he said and what he actually said. Shouldn't be any harm in that.

What our friend banker does, on the other hand, is a bit more pest-like... I can provide you link after link after link where he's followed me around with not much more to say than, in so many words, "sturt, you're stupid and you suck." It's not like I think anyone halfway intelligent takes him seriously, but he's a real pain to put up with. Don't mind disagreement. But disagreement without any substance is irritating... you don't want a pissing contest, I don't want a pissing contest... but some people seem to get their jollies from excreting waste products, and watching to see if they can get a reaction.

Other than banker, though, I have no clue what you're talking about... I pretty much have one or two pet topics that I care to talk about, and most often though not always, I'm the original poster to get those conversations started.
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:19:25 AM by _sturt_ »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Extra, by your own admission you haven't been to a game, let alone a practice, in several years. You are in no position to offer any facts concerning the 2013 version of the Marshall football team. You are in no position to offer any meaningful dialogue comparing or constrasting the differences in personnel between the 2012 team and the 2013 team. You have not seen any of the props, redshirt, or mid year guys in pads playing live football.

The only thing you have is an undying love of Bobby Pruett and the belief that he's the only coach that Marshall can win with.

I've been dealing with know-it-alls like you for 8 years who have told me snyder was doing it right and give him time to get his players, and how doc had to tear it down and rebuild, and give him time to get his players. So far, the know-it-alls, yep, you guessed it, know nothing. If it makes you feel any better, you're one of the chief know-it-alls. No, that's not a compliment.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 12:02:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sturt, I would post some of your old stuff but since you post the same crap all the time it's really not necessary.

What was I so wrong about last year?  I said we would have to steal one against wvu, Purdue, Tulsa or ECU, we didn't.

Also, I make many posts each year about the upcoming season. Opinions evolve throughout the offseason and even into fall camp as injuries, arrests, etc occur. I find it very flattering that you would plow though hundreds of posts to find the particular ones that you liked. I didn't realize I meant so much to you. Is it because I pick on you for embarrassing Marshall fans on the CUSA board with the ignorance you post here and then export over there?

love... I think this pretty much captures the spirit of this guy's mentality.

banker... first... thanks for the timely post that illustrates what I was trying to convey... and second... searching on "predict" and "banker," and filtering for off-season posts yielded about a half-dozen posts... sorry to disappoint. And you embarrass me? Yeah, actually you do. But more like a little 5th grade smart alec brother who's got some crying need to show off in front of his big brother's girlfriend... nauseatingly egocentric... thinks he's so funny, so intelligent, so cute... the embarrassment comes from his indignant obliviousness... hopefully God gave you a little brother so you can know what I'm talking about.

oh... and love... one more thing as long as you're sitting in that judgment seat of yours... take note of how this guy can be confronted full-on with how what he said was direly mistaken... and what does he do?... he can't see it... he focuses on something he thinks he got right, figuring everyone is sitting in stunned admiration of how accurate his predictions were. Most of us with a conscience would come back with a little appropriate humility. This little brother? Indignant obliviousness.
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:13:33 AM by _sturt_ »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 12:12:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "And you embarrass me? Yeah, actually you do. But more like a little 5th grade smart alec brother who's got some crying need to show off in front of his big brother's girlfriend... nauseatingly egocentric... thinks he's so funny, so intelligent, so cute... the embarrassment comes from his indignant obliviousness... hopefully God gave you a little brother so you can know what I'm talking about."

You nailed it.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 12:22:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ....we really need to start winning games and camp to get here before everyone on this board implodes and starts eating each other.... wait, too late!

Online svherd

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If you are referring to me, my comments are clear. I've posted my prediction on hear many times - 8-4 with a bowl win to finish 9-4. If that chaps you then that's your problem. Not sure why some get their panties in a wad when someone doesn't believe as they do. Is it the same way in your business and personal life, I doubt it. At least I hope not.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK children, it's recess time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 08:52:41 AM »

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2013, 11:06:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just like Sonny Randle said when Moss leaped the Army guy on his way to 90 yr TD......OOOOHHHHHHH  MYYYYYY

That was Keith.

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Couldn't help myself!

Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • *chills*

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »