Author Topic: James Brown - WOW  (Read 427 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
James Brown - WOW
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Pretty sure I see him doing the "Moon Walk" at 2:09 which means Michael Jackson did not come up with that dance move. Great stuff and he was a rhythm machine!!!

HerdFans.com

James Brown - WOW
    « on: June 20, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: James Brown - WOW
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 12:22:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, he was definitely a huge influence on Michael J. and a lot of others. A great entertainer and one of the original soul singers.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I went to basic training with a white kid from Alabama named Michael Jackson. 

One drill sergeant used to say "Jackson moonwalk your ass up here and get your mail!"

It wasn't long before the other drill sergeants found out his first name and we'd be at an assembly and you'd hear "JACKSON moonwalk your ass over there and turn off those lights!"  "JACKSON moonwalk your ass up here and get these papers and hand them out"

That poor kid probably moonwalked 5 miles before we graduated, lol....

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • bga,

Thanks,  never have seen that and he was definitely prior to MJ on those moves.

I moved like that once.   I ran over a bee's nest with my push mower.   

“This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I went to basic training with a white kid from Alabama named Michael Jackson. 

One drill sergeant used to say "Jackson moonwalk your ass up here and get your mail!"

It wasn't long before the other drill sergeants found out his first name and we'd be at an assembly and you'd hear "JACKSON moonwalk your ass over there and turn off those lights!"  "JACKSON moonwalk your ass up here and get these papers and hand them out"

That poor kid probably moonwalked 5 miles before we graduated, lol....
    YES DRILL SARGEANT!!!!   LOL
    No political dreamer was ever wild enough to think of breaking down the lines which separate the States and compounding the American people into one common mass.
    John Marshall (1755 - 1835)

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's a reason James Brown is called the Godfather of soul, he could flat out bring it! My mother and cousin are big time James Brown fans. They use to try and go to every JB concert when he was nearby. If you watch JB, his band was very disciplined and they always "drained the crowd dry". His band had to either sh*t or get off the pot..

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, he was definitely a huge influence on Michael J. and a lot of others. A great entertainer and one of the original soul singers.

Michael Jackson and M.C Hammer all payed homeage to the Godfather..

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »