Author Topic: Elijah Pittman  (Read 1065 times)

Offline girthyherdon

Elijah Pittman
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently Pittman has failed another court ordered drug test, tested positive for weed. Sounds like something a team leader should be doing.  ::)  ::) Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me.

HerdFans.com

Elijah Pittman
    « on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »

Offline BuyNtelos4

Re: Elijah Pittman
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:01:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doesn't surprise me at all, I think a lot of the teams chemistry problems last year were mainly due to a struggle between Kane and Pittman as to whose team it was.  It obviously wasn't Herrion's team, and Pittman is to much of a head case for it to be his team, added to the fact that it was his first year in the program, IMO it should have been Kane's team.  Generally speaking, I just mean he should have been looked to as the unspoken leader, and I think he did everything necessary on the court and off last season, compounded a ton by the selflessness he displayed for the team by changing positions last minute for the TEAM, that he should have undoubtedly been our leader.  I think Pittman had a huge ME-1ST attitude problem, only concerned with whether or not he made Sportcenter, not W's & L's.  
    I very much think Herrion is also kind of a headcase, and at several points during his Marshall tenure felt as if he had taken a backseat to Kane, so knowing the 2 best players could not play team ball together, he booted the one that wasn't his guy, but that he was forced to play 40 minutes a game if he wanted any chance of keeping his job, so he sent Kane packing for his senior year and decided to roll the dice on his career and our program, and live or die with Pittman.  Horrible decision IMO, and I wouldn't be one bit surprised after this news if Pittman isn't even on the team come December.  I realize Herrion finally has his PG, and he got a couple Blue chip recruits, but he has yet to prove in his entire career than he can show marked improvement with any of his teams from one season to the next, and if Pittman blows his chance and isn't around come December, IMO Herrion is one injury/ head case PG leaving the team on a whim away from having yet another season worse than the previous one.  

Or for that matter, the new 5 star whatever juco SG looks like he may be the biggest head case of all.  There are way to many unproven pieces to this puzzle for us to have as much faith in this team as some are trying to spoon feed us.  We have heard it all before to many times.  What is proven: Tom Herrion has find a way to coach every single team in his career to a worse record than the prior year.  His run to the finals of the conference championship was 100% player produced, more likely in spite of the coaching, than because of it.  

I really would not be upset of JUCO King did seal his fate this season.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice today to win tomorrow, and I think that is the situation we have.  Even if we have moderate success this season, get 20 wins and make the CBI tourney, all Herrion did was put the biggest band-aid in the history of NCAA basketball over this teams wounds to stop the bleeding and save his job, and next year all the JUCO's graduate, then we are right back to square one, with a first round loss in the CIT pay for play tourney, and our fake heart attack having joke of a coach.  

Good Riddance!!
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:19:07 PM by BuyNtelos4 »

Offline ArizonaHerd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 04/2010
    « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:27:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now, when you go to hdonline.com and attempt to click on the link, It gives you a 404- page not found error.  Wonder what that is about?? The beginnings of a, man I hope we can cover that up!! Gone very unsuccessful??  They should take some lessons from our not rivals up North.  They seem to be professionals at sweeping things under the rug.

Online MUfan08

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Online MUfan08

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:48:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now, when you go to hdonline.com and attempt to click on the link, It gives you a 404- page not found error.  Wonder what that is about?? The beginnings of a, man I hope we can cover that up!! Gone very unsuccessful??  They should take some lessons from our not rivals up North.  They seem to be professionals at sweeping things under the rug.
    I would guess the link you clicked was either updated (hence needing a new link) or moved from maybe the sports section to the news section (which I doubt). It was probably the updating thing.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know it wasn't a coverup, I was being sarcastic.  It was the link to the right of the headlines and was only 3 minutes old though.  Just the usual ghetto Herald Dispatch, nothing new.

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 09:51:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although, I didn't agree with it at the time, Doc kicked A.J. Graham to the curb and his transgression wasn't a part of the judicial system.  If Pittman isn't booted that not only sends a contradictory message, but also speaks volumes about the two coaches.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree.  I will have to think hard before renewing my 3 season tickets if Pittman is allowed to stay.  Not just for this transgression but all of his past failures to conform to rules that others are expected to follow.  It is getting harder for me to get behind this program as long as Herrion is in control.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 10:12:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although, I didn't agree with it at the time, Doc kicked A.J. Graham to the curb and his transgression wasn't a part of the judicial system.  If Pittman isn't booted that not only sends a contradictory message, but also speaks volumes about the two coaches.

It wasn't weed that AJ Graham was testing positive for, and from what I hear, the ncaa was involved in the Graham situation and kind of had Doc's back against the wall.
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:37:45 AM by Big Ol' Hillbilly »

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It wasn't weed that AJ Graham was testing positive for, and from what I hear, the ncaa was involved in the Graham situation and kind of had Doc's back against the wall.

In a small group gathering at an alumni event shortly after A.J.'s departure, the question was asked and the answer was marijuana.  Now having said that, maybe it was used as a smokescreen, but I doubt it.  And even if it wasn't, others have been shown the door for less.  Pittman is in a "Gotsta Go" situation.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LOL ::)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

What are you rolling your eyes at?  You're the one that brought this kiss of death on the B-ball team when you crowed earlier this year that they never get in trouble while the football players do...just sayin'.
    GO HERD!!!

Offline girthyherdon

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    So breaking the law is ok with you GB60?? You wanted Kane gone for being a "team cancer" yet this dude fails a court ordered drug test and it's no big deal. Sounds like you have some outstanding morals.. ::)

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We still have a basketball team?

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 12:31:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In a small group gathering at an alumni event shortly after A.J.'s departure, the question was asked and the answer was marijuana.  Now having said that, maybe it was used as a smokescreen, but I doubt it.  And even if it wasn't, others have been shown the door for less.  Pittman is in a "Gotsta Go" situation.

I'd say it was a smokescreen. From what I've heard from a source who would know, it was something a little more dangerous than pot, and the ncaa was in on it.

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 12:52:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd say it was a smokescreen. From what I've heard from a source who would know, it was something a little more dangerous than pot, and the ncaa was in on it.

This is accurate.

Offline JeremyBlake

• Rookie
    « Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We still have a basketball team?

Sort of.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »