Author Topic: Reds Win Reds Win  (Read 569 times)

Offline BHFIOHIO

Reds Win Reds Win
« on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Votto and Chapman

HerdFans.com

Reds Win Reds Win
    « on: September 06, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »

Offline pdunn

Re: Reds Win Reds Win
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cardinals up 9-1 in the 7th.  Looks like the Reds will be two games out of first after tonight.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline Carolina_Thor

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 12:13:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chappy has been absolutely filthy 4 nights in a row.  We need to sweep the Dodgers, let the parrots and curds split their series.

CT

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 04:12:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can understand you all pulling for the Reds. But as a Dodgers fan all I can say is: "ah, shaddup ..."

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:04:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Votto and Chapman

The BIG RED MACHINE players were going to be there in honor of Joe Morgan. It would have been nice to see the starting 8 on the field.

Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline whf

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were there and it Was Great; the crowd was so enthusiastic it brought tears to many eyes; including a certain Mr. 14.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Indians win...Indians win...

Offline tradebait

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can understand you all pulling for the Reds. But as a Dodgers fan all I can say is: "ah, shaddup ..."
    Me too!  Life long Dodger fan.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

Online mu79grad

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The BIG RED MACHINE players were going to be there in honor of Joe Morgan. It would have been nice to see the starting 8 on the field.

After the game, last night, the "Great Eight" were each introduced and went out to their positions (well, the outfielders were located in their positions but just outside the infield).  What was neat was that the Reds brass dubbed in Paul Sommerkamp's voice (the Public Address announcer of that era) after each player's accomplishments were noted.  For example, after the current Public Adddress announcer proclaimed some highlights for each player's career, you would hear Sommerkamp's voice saying, "Now batting, Number 14, Pete Rose...Rose."  Man, did that bring back a lot of memories of some good times at Riverfront Stadium during those two glorious years of 1975-1976!

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the game, last night, the "Great Eight" were each introduced and went out to their positions (well, the outfielders were located in their positions but just outside the infield).  What was neat was that the Reds brass dubbed in Paul Sommerkamp's voice (the Public Address announcer of that era) after each player's accomplishments were noted.  For example, after the current Public Adddress announcer proclaimed some highlights for each player's career, you would hear Sommerkamp's voice saying, "Now batting, Number 14, Pete Rose...Rose."  Man, did that bring back a lot of memories of some good times at Riverfront Stadium during those two glorious years of 1975-1976!

Thanks for sharing...would have loved to seen it!
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline wferg

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2014
    « Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That would have been an historic game to attend.  Not only did the Reds beat the Dodgers, but the Big Red Machine for the most part was there.  Of course you wouldn't want to let them take the field today.

I live a few miles from the ballpark, but I don't go to many games because I haven't been to games where they win.  I went to the last Cardinals home series 1st game and they got hammered in the 1st inning losing ultimately 13-3.  

I think I just need to catch them on a tail end of a losing streak and then go to the game.

I am not sure that they can make it to the WS though.  I didn't expect them to make it in 1990 and they surprised us all.  That was the year my oldest was born.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for sharing...would have loved to seen it!

I saw it on Fox Sports Ohio last night.  Here's a link to a page that has a video of the ceremony:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130907&content_id=59814252&vkey=news_cin&c_id=cin
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »

Offline Carolina_Thor

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Game 2 starting now

CT

Offline pdunn

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 05:06:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BIG extra inning win for the Redlegs today.  Billy Hamilton on the bases = money in the bank.

We get to sit back tonight and scoreboard watch to see whether we pick up a game on the Cards or the Bucs.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hamilton is going to be a huge weapon late in games. Go Big Reds!!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 05:21:33 PM »