Author Topic: WV MetroNews: Cato using his feet & head to make plays  (Read 165 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
WV MetroNews: Cato using his feet & head to make plays
« on: September 07, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    By Dave Wilson in Marshall Sports

HUNTINGTON, W.Va.–  No one is going to confuse Rakeem Cato for Robert Griffin III anytime soon based on his ability to run the ball but Marshall’s junior quarterback is not afraid to take off and use his legs to make a play if necessary.  Cato rushed nine times in the season opener against Miami (OH) for 59 yards.  It wasn’t because offensive coordinator Bill Legg was calling Cato’s number, but because the Redhawks were dropping eight back into coverage.

“I just took what they gave us,” said Cato.  “They dropped eight and I used my legs a little more and I think i did a pretty good job with that.”

In the past, Cato may have tried to force the ball down the field and throw into spaces where defenders could make a play on the ball.  Now, a more mature Cato has a complete understanding of the offense and knows he doesn’t have to force the issue and can simply take advantage of the defense.

“He’s continued to mature and has grown up a lot. He’s taking what the defense gives us,” praised coach Doc Holliday.

Link: http://wvmetronews.com/2013/09/07/cato-using-his-feet-head-to-make-plays/
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

WV MetroNews: Cato using his feet & head to make plays
    « on: September 07, 2013, 07:15:44 AM »