Author Topic: New Turf Next Year...  (Read 3877 times)

Online herd2win

New Turf Next Year...
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the black end zones at Louisville and think that we should do alternating light green and dark green turf, Big M in the middle and kelly green Marshall outlined in white on a black end zone.

HerdFans.com

New Turf Next Year...
    « on: October 18, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »

Offline ThunderDent

Re: New Turf Next Year...
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I want this:

Keep endzones Kelly Green. "M" in center of field (exactly like on our helmets). Script "The Herd" instead of Bear Down.

Kelly Green endzones with white "Marshall" in our font, with black surround.

Either Black or possibly the triple stripe from our helmets where their red surround is from 25-endzone-25. Would look neat and uniquely ours.

Black stripes down the 20s. We had those on our original turf back in 91-96.

That is perfect  IMO.

Someone with Photoshop make that design up for us,  using that template of Arizona's.  Thanks!

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I want this:

Keep endzones Kelly Green. "M" in center of field (exactly like on our helmets). Script "The Herd" instead of Bear Down.

Kelly Green endzones with white "Marshall" in our font, with black surround.

Either Black or possibly the triple stripe from our helmets where their red surround is from 25-endzone-25. Would look neat and uniquely ours.

Black stripes down the 20s. We had those on our original turf back in 91-96.

That is perfect  IMO.

Someone with Photoshop make that design up for us,  using that template of Arizona's.  Thanks!

Make the end zone black, letters Kelly Green outlined in white, or not outlined at all, and then you are on to something. 

I know a lot of you are all about Kelly Green and White, and as little black as possible for some awful reason like Black is ugly.  However, football is war, not a wedding or a beauty pageant.  There is a reason Batman wears black, not white; and is called the "Dark Knight", not the "White Knight".  White Knight rhymes and after hearing it should definately be the more obvious choice, but it more so Resembles, "Snow White" than the wicked witch.  War (Football) and the attitude that comes with it is more focused on intimidation/Scaring your opponent. 

That is why The Cincinatti Bearcats focus more on black with red trim than red with white trim, along with nearly every other competitive entity in the country being more likely to use black than white.  Even the Purple and Gold Lakers have found a need for black. 

Black, Black, Black. 

Offline The Greenhouse Effect

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep the Endzones Kelly , then outline Marshall and Thundering Herd in black and white but keep the letters Kelly just like our Helmet M. PLEASE drop the BLACK stripe across the M in all our logos ( Michigan dropped their Michigan going across their M and guess what you still know its michigans M!...strengthen our helmet logo recognition by streamlining it! We don't need the black stripe anymore to define where the green roman M comes from) put the helmet M in the center of the field, rotate the greens every 20 yards and put WE ARE MARSHALL as the highlight. I really hope we add Thundering Herd the full name to one Endzone , it's such a unique name...but it's a ton of letters, LOL!

Our field turf looks bad, next season we go undefeated on the new turf!

Offline ThunderDent

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep the black stripe around the letters. It matches our helmet triple stripe, which is used in our weight room too.

It's part of us. It stays.

KELLY GREEN endzones. Scripr MARSHALL in white letters, black outline.

I still think the triple stripe around the edges of the field would be uniquely ours.

Online banker

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:39:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll get whatever is least expensive.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just make sure that there is LOTS of black and almost no green (Kelly or otherwise)... >:( >:( >:(...

Offline svherd

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll get whatever is least expensive.

We have a winner!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Greg H

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 01:30:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • what is so wrong with that?

Offline ThunderDent

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • what is so wrong with that?

Everything is wrong with that.

Let's make it as cheap and boring as possible. Plain white lines. Sounds like big time football to me. Looks great on TV. Kind of like the UNH game on this morning. So amazing! Just a CFB cathedral.

Offline Dunk

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 05:31:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is what I came up with just messing around. I know it would never happen, and it would be very hot on a summer day. May wear out quicker from the constant sunlight.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 09:12:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is what I came up with just messing around. I know it would never happen, and it would be very hot on a summer day. May wear out quicker from the constant sunlight.

That would be sweet but won't happen.  Your right way to hot, and it would look absolutely awful when it faded and turned a nice shade of gray, and I doubt we would maintain it well.  I would like to see the exact opposite of what you did.  If you get time design one with a normal green field, and Black End Zones, with Kelly Letters outlined in white or not outlined at all.  I love the smartass above that says lots of black and absolutely no green!!  I love our kelly green, and want lots of it, I just feel like when you put black as a background to it, It really really makes it jump out at you and looks great togethor. 

One thing I know for sure, the players are all with me, and have been vocal about their desire to utilize black, and the players and students are what this is all about.  You can hate on it all you want, but schools utilizing black and gray, along with the wild uniforms, are here to stay in college football.  It isn't just a 5 year fad that is going to go away, so you can hate all you want, but eventually it is going to happen.  On the Bright side, you will always have something to complain about!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 09:12:22 PM »

Offline OHIO1804

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the old Marco logo with the sailor hat is the coolest thing ever, would love to see that at center field (and on your helmets too).

Offline Dunk

• All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As requested...

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 11:36:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks real good, Dunk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 12:22:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As requested...

Thanks man,  i like it... If in the final renderings if they alternate the shades of green, and maybe write Thundering Herd across the field in the font that kind of makes it look as if it is inthe background, we could have a sweet field. 

If they would make the green, "Kelly Green", it would be cool to see Black yard lines to go with the end zones.  Is that even legal or has it ever been done anywhere?? 

I honestly think we will end up with a field nearly exactly the same as the field we have now.  The things I think we may actually see would be "Thundering Herd" written across the field somehow, depending on cost,

As far as the black on the field goes, I don't think our current AD is crazy about black, but you never know.  He apparently really did tell the guys they could have black jerseys if they made it to the conference championship game.  It may have been if the won the Conference they could have it for the bowl game.  If we can start having success,  I do think he will do anything he can to attract the best recruits possible. 

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really like it and think with alternating color stripes it would be fantastic.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline GoHerd2010

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 10:42:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it's going to be the most plain thing ever. Not much different than it is now. I mean our new basketball court is plain as can be. Sometimes plain and simple are just better. At least to me anyway.

Offline firstate

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think now that well have the gazillion dollar practice facility, we should go with grass instead of field turf, as the joan field would only need to be used 6 times a year.

I assume grass is cheaper...and the whole thing doesn't have to be released every 6 years.
    I am a firm believer it is safer for the players as well.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think now that well have the gazillion dollar practice facility, we should go with grass instead of field turf, as the joan field would only need to be used 6 times a year.

I assume grass is cheaper...and the whole thing doesn't have to be released every 6 years.

I believe the current playing field is below the water table and it would be too expensive to make it work.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On colors.... Not really about the field, but went to kohls and they have grey ts with the kelly M. Wasn't a fan of the grey or black trend, but that M really pops and it all looks good... Coming from a traditional green and white guy

Offline Dunk

• All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A few more designs as requested...

Nobody has noticed or mentioned my 75 yard line markers. I would like to see something like that done.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:42:38 AM by Dunk »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »

Offline Greg H

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I hate grass.  Looks crappy and it's slow, especially this far north.  Also, I think the new field turfs are arguably safer than grass.

Offline ALEXSDEB

• Rookie
    « Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 12:40:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like the use of the black.  It really looked good on tv on North Carolina's field (black with the lite blue).

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Black isnt a school color ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »