Author Topic: Anyone else mad that some are picking ECU for Liberty??  (Read 952 times)

Offline Herdrulz29

Anyone else mad that some are picking ECU for Liberty??
« on: November 12, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that is an insult to our team not picking us for The Liberty Bowl. We clearly have showed we are the best in Cusa, Irritating that some don't think we are.

HerdFans.com

Anyone else mad that some are picking ECU for Liberty??
    « on: November 12, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

Re: Anyone else mad that some are picking ECU for Liberty??
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Personally, I'm a lot more worried about playing North Texas in Texas than I am playing ECU at home.  Assuming we beat ECU which I think we will, we really need the conference championship game to be at the Joan.

Offline LUVTHATHERD

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All we have to do is win and silence the doubters.  GO HERD!!!!

Offline Penn2moss

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 11:04:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't like it?  Simple, beat them.

I will be interested to see if they beat UAB as bad as we did.

Offline sleeinwv

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:05:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nope could care less......

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's time to prove it instead of proclaiming that we are the best and falling short. Having them at home is a huge boost but its not going to be an easy game.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have not shown we are without any doubts the best team in conference USA, yet.  The nail biter at FAU, and the loss to MTSU, is not something that screams, "Best team in the conference without any doubt.  However, I do feel that we have improved week in and week out each and every week throughout the season.  Now that Grooms is Healthy, and we have Butler back in the mix, I do think we are, without any doubt, the best team in the conference, and those 2 running backs, combined with Tally, and obviously Cato and Shuler and Hoskins and MooMoo, we are without any doubt he best team in the conference.  I think our Trio of running back being healthy and having bigtime games is what puts us over the top though.  When those guys run the way they did Saturday, that absolutely frees up Cato and the receivers because opposing defenses have no choice but to not only respect the run, but instead they have to committ to stopping it, leaving our passing attack wide open.  If they committ to slowing down the pass, we have multiple guys that will break a 50+ yard run on them.  I think similar to a basketball team peaking right in time for March Madness, our football team is leaking rift at the end of the season.  We can and should blow Tulsa out on their own field Thursday, and if we do, I have no doubt that confidence gained from a blowout road win, will carry us right thru FIU and ECU.  No more speed bumps, and I think the confidence we gain from having 5 wins in a row, All in convincing fashion, will allow our guys to go on the road to anywhere in the West and come back with a Title. 

I am actually kind of glad people out there are picking against us.  Those predictions should be blown up and taped to the wall all over the locker room, to remind our guys people don't just give you respect, you have to go out on the field and take it. 

Offline ibleedgreen

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 11:26:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish nothing but the best, I.E. second place, for ECU after what they did with the memorial at their stadium.  Its a great rivalry and hopfully will be for years to come. With that said we ARE playing them at home but on a friday at noon. You think the crowds are pitiful on a saturday afternoon\evening game? Just wait.  I hope I'm wrong but we will see. Herd wins 50-42. Go herd!

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that you must prove it.  Things couldn't have been aligned any better.  All we have to do is win and we are the Champions.  I know ECU fans who are extremely nervous at playing us in Huntington.  It is one game at a time and please no breakdowns on special teams going forward.  Three blockers on the punts like many successful teams utilize would be fine with me. Go Herd!
    "The Herd #1"

Online Greg H

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 08:06:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doesn't bother me at all.  We've laid some eggs this year, ECU really hasn't.  We're going to have to get to that game 8-3 and win.  At that point, I think we will have earned this prediction, though NT is tough.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nope!

TRS
    MU 71

Offline fedale

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »

Online Greg H

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All this said, I'd be shitting bricks to come to Huntington if I was an ECU fan.

Offline GoHerd2010

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And ECU fans are probably saying the same thing about us getting predicted for the Liberty Bowl as well.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Looks like they agree with Kanye...

Offline Herdrulz29

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 11:12:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The replies to this post is why we will never get to where we were. This is why doc is still coach because our fans can't see things. We have the best talent in the league and everyone one of us who are real fans knows that. It makes me sick that we will continue to be mediocre and give money to the school and not stand up and make things happen. Do you all think wvu fans will stand tall if dh does not get fired after this year? No they won't and he will be gone after this season, our idiot will still be around unless we get lucky and he quits or gets offered another job hopefully.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 05:31:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The replies to this post is why we will never get to where we were. This is why doc is still coach because our fans can't see things. We have the best talent in the league and everyone one of us who are real fans knows that. It makes me sick that we will continue to be mediocre and give money to the school and not stand up and make things happen. Do you all think wvu fans will stand tall if dh does not get fired after this year? No they won't and he will be gone after this season, our idiot will still be around unless we get lucky and he quits or gets offered another job hopefully.

You asked if it made people mad. None of what you say in your post above about fans has anything to do with whether or not someone gets mad at a bowl prediction. It's just a guy with an opinion. Maybe a better question is why do you let some irrelevant guy's  opinion make you so mad?

How does not being mad about someones opinion equate to accepting mediocrity.

When the "real fan" card is about to be drawn, it's time to take a breath and count to ten..

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you serious when you say we have "clearly" showed we are the best? Mind boggling. Who have we beat?We may be the best, but we without a doubt have NOT PROVED it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »