Author Topic: Never Forget  (Read 2280 times)

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Never Forget
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Archival footage of Marshall's game at East Carolina in 1970. The plane carrying the Herd home from its game at ECU crashed near Tri-State Airport, killing all 75 aboard. The victims included 37 MU

Archival footage of Marshall's game at East Carolina in 1970. The plane carrying the Herd home from its game at ECU crashed near Tri-State Airport, killing all 75 aboard. The victims included 37 MU football players, five coaches, seven staff members, 21 community

ECU vs. Marshall, November 14, 1970, Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC.
    After a heartbreaking loss to ECU 17-14, nearly the entire Marshall University Football Team lost their lives in a plane crash on a rainy hillside in West Virginia.

HerdFans.com

Never Forget
    « on: November 13, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    Re: Never Forget
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 07:22:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A short documentary of Marshall University football from the tragic 1970 plane crash until the mid 1990's. A tragedy to triumph story of perserverance. I made this for my 10th grade history class, won the National History Day regional competition, and entered it at the national competition in Washington DC.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:42:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really hope we win Thursday. Selfishly for me. More for the team...and especially for the loved ones of the 75.

Offline mckayt

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks BGA, I had never seen that 8mm footage.  In today's day and age it is hard to understand, but clips such as that private video may be some of the only coverage of our team from that fateful day.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very nice and thanks for your tributes.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tomorrow is really going to be an emotional day.  I can't wait for kick-off.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Online marshallz13

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:39:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wasent alive when it all went down but hopefully we can play a good game and represent them well with our helmets and play tomorrow and can take the time to remember them.
    GO HERD!

Offline parshall2marshall

3,000 years
    « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:59:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although it has gone far from perfectly, I know how precious life is to me.

If each person on the plane lived an average of another 40 years ( half were last than about 23 years old ) that is 3,000 person-years of life lost.

A terrible, terrible tragedy.

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline LUVTHATHERD

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 08:01:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • May God continue to bless those we lost and their loved ones.  May this day remind of us why we take the field, the adversity we have overcome, and that we are stronger as one.  God bless our Herd Family today and always.

Online svherd

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was 8 years old and know exactly where I was when WSAZ interrupted programming to bring us the terrible news. I feel for the families and friends so impacted by the crash.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »