Author Topic: We're just trying to win...  (Read 3087 times)

Offline ShawHerd

We're just trying to win...
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

HerdFans.com

We're just trying to win...
    « on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:08 AM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    Re: We're just trying to win...
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Byron, showing how you honor the 75.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man, do i miss those days.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we could continue winning tonight and win the next 2, maybe those days will be back. Winning out would be a 5 game win streak and would mean we win 7 of last 8. If we take the conference title, 8-1 of last 9. Regardless of schedule, couldn't disregard that type of performance. That in my opinion, would put us over the hump and create a huge buzz for 2014.

GO HERD !
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline cincymike

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:11:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Aside from Bryon's heroics, those were two pitiful team performances in a row vs. Central Michigan and Akron.  I was at both games and had forgotten just how badly we played.  At Central, I remember parking in the CMU student tailgate lot and being really impressed with how many students had shown up for a noon kickoff.  They told us they were there to see the Heisman candidate Leftwich.  Interestingly, they never made it into the stadium and when we returned to our car after the game, the lot had already been cleaned and the students were nowhere to be seen.  After a few beers, I am assuming they decided to go back to bed, or to go watch U of Mich on the tube!

At Akron, I was listening to the Zip's radio broadcast on my headphones.  Following Bryon's injury, they went to commercial and not knowing their mic's were still on, began celebrating his injury.  One said he hoped the leg was broken so Akron would have a better chance of winning.  I'll never forget those scumbags.

This video is a perfect illustration that, even though Bobby was the greatest MU coach ever, his kids were capable of errors and mistakes at critical times, just as we have seen with our current team.  That team went on to recover by winning out, and the 2013 edition of the Herd can do the same!  I'm cautiously hoping to spend New Year's eve in Memphis and to get there, we need a win tonight....Go Herd!

Offline cincymike

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we could continue winning tonight and win the next 2, maybe those days will be back. Winning out would be a 5 game win streak and would mean we win 7 of last 8. If we take the conference title, 8-1 of last 9. Regardless of schedule, couldn't disregard that type of performance. That in my opinion, would put us over the hump and create a huge buzz for 2014.

GO HERD !

That statement, especially coming from you, is my inspiration for the day!  I agree with you 100%, which I never, ever thought would be possible!

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 10:26:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

GO HERD !

Good observation and couldn't agree more.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cincymike....Nobody has ever said Bobby's teams never made a mistake or had a bad game. But they were limited to very few. He wasn't going on the road and losing a lot like Snyder and Doc does against weak competition. Doc has lost to MTSU and OU this year. UAB and others last year. Lost games that should have been won this year at VT. The WV game at home when we were up 15 with 3 minutes left (and Doc became his usual self and played scared to lose) and we lost. And on and on. Yes Pruett had a few games (very few) like that. But he is the greatest coach we have ever had by far and the man deserves to be recognised as such. Not thrown to the curb just because he isn't the coach now. When Doc get's a #10 ranking, let me know. Heck when Doc gets a top 25 ranking let me know. He will always lose a few games he shouldn't and he will never sniff the top 25. We are going to be a 6-6 to 9-3 team under Doc only because of his recruiting. But 9-3 will just get you into a low tier bowl as usual and not on the national stage. Even the Liberty Bowl isn't anything to write home about anymore. Becuase the college ftb world has been flooded and watered down with bowl games. It's almost laughable that 6-6 teams go to bowls and think they have accomplished something.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 12:54:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Looking at the #75 and white helmet gives me chills! Tulsa has a terrible visiting team locker room. Looks worse than the old Fairfield stadium locker room.

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looking at the #75 and white helmet gives me chills! Tulsa has a terrible visiting team locker room. Looks worse than the old Fairfield stadium locker room.
    no it doesn't, and it is light years better than the visiting team locker room at Fairfield!  That said, it does look bad!!  Way too small!!

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

GO HERD !

What have you done with extra?? Release him immediately!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »

Offline MUtant1

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That locker room looks like Oregon's home locker room compared to Fairfield's visitors.  Love the photo though.
    Chip, I'm gonna be on you like a spider monkey!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »