Author Topic: Classy ECU fans still showing their love for Marshall...  (Read 298 times)

Offline The E-Man

Classy ECU fans still showing their love for Marshall...
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ECU fans are showing a lot of love for Marshall today. The Pirate fans are some of the classiest around. I'm going to miss these guys. I wish we could always play ECU.

http://www.boneyardbanter.com/message_board/banter/2013/November/14/1456671.php

HerdFans.com

Classy ECU fans still showing their love for Marshall...
    « on: November 14, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »

Offline mu79grad

Re: Classy ECU fans still showing their love for Marshall...
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A friend of mine, Jim Hunt, who teaches at a middle school in Garner, North Carolina, wrote a wonderful tribute and sent it out to some of his friends.  Jim had no ties to Marshall but became a fan of the Herd during the aftermath of the crash.  He's a UNC-Charlotte graduate.  Here is what he wrote:

November 14th...Like any other day it could signify someone's birthday, wedding anniversary, or other life "event."

For Huntington, West Virginia, and everyone who has ties to Marshall University or loves the school, November 14th means only one thing....

November 14th, 1970. Coming back home from a disappointing close football loss to East Carolina University, on a dreary evening, that charter plane crashed killing all 75 football players, coaches, and community leaders. Athletes who put it all on the field that day for Marshall, coaches who gave their all to these young men, and Moms and Dads-pillars of the community and loved by their families back home.

Now, if you are a Pack-backer, Tar Heel, Blue Devil, or have a love of a favorite team, please take a moment to pause today to reflect and remember the many lives that were cut short on that rainy night in November.

Marshall University will take the field tonight in Tulsa for a football game. A game which will go a long way for bowl possibilities, yet this team will also be playing for the memory of the 75.

One final note, if you have not experienced watching the movie We Are Marshall, I hope that in the near future you can do so. What a tribute to a town who rose from the ashes yet never forgets. Thanks!!!   -Jim     "GO HERD!!!"

HerdFans.com

Re: Classy ECU fans still showing their love for Marshall...
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:56 AM »