Author Topic: I'm backing Doc Holliday 100%  (Read 1648 times)

Offline The E-Man

I'm backing Doc Holliday 100%
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After last night and another scare on the road, I'm backing Doc Holliday a 100%. I'm hoping Doc will get into his asst coaches  and players (@/:; following more mental breakdowns. I've been critical of coach Holliday, but not enough to want him removed as head coach. If Doc and co can eliminate critical mistakes, we will be a deadly team for years to come. Lucky for us, we were able to recover last night...
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:44:09 PM by The E-Man »

HerdFans.com

I'm backing Doc Holliday 100%
    « on: November 15, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »

Offline Gaylen

Re: I'm backing Doc Holliday a 100%
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:31:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sometimes it just takes winning one of those you've been losing to convince you you can win. Maybe last night was the tipping point. I sure hope so.

Offline TexasHerdFan

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 03:32:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And what happens if we were to lose to FIU?

Offline BerkshireHerdFan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Former Football Student Manager 2002-2004
    « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I back any coach who wears the green, especially one who has us on track to win the most games since 2002
    Knightdale NC

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Damnit, Texas Herd Fan, you are going to cause me to lose it! ;D

Offline BerkshireHerdFan

• All American
    « Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We wake up the next day still loving the Herd!
    Knightdale NC

Offline Herdrulz29

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 03:41:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • E-man, do you have multiple personalities? LOL, I know I just read where you were bashing doc like he should be bashed lol. Doc will never be a head coach and needs to be removed, We have a shot at a bcs game and undefeated season blown this year, we have that same chance next year because our schedule is even easier. We will still lose 3 or 4 games somehow next year if Doc is still here.

Offline BerkshireHerdFan

• All American
    « Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • E-man, do you have multiple personalities? LOL, I know I just read where you were bashing doc like he should be bashed lol. Doc will never be a head coach and needs to be removed, We have a shot at a bcs game and undefeated season blown this year, we have that same chance next year because our schedule is even easier. We will still lose 3 or 4 games somehow next year if Doc is still here.

FAIL
    Knightdale NC

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No brother man, I'm a very rationalized person. I was extremely pissed off at Doc last night. Don't get it twisted, Doc doesn't get a pass just because he might be popular with some. Doc needs to correct a few things, if he does that we will be fine. If not, I will continue to bash Doc and  call for his removal.

Offline Herdrulz29

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Besides his coaching what does he need to change lol? He looks like a deer in headlights everytime on the field and doesn't seem to know what is going on and he doesn't take blame for everything he has done to hurt our team, I would love to keep him on as a recruiter but a head coach he has never been and never will be. His hiring is worse than tan man.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Besides his coaching what does he need to change lol? He looks like a deer in headlights everytime on the field and doesn't seem to know what is going on and he doesn't take blame for everything he has done to hurt our team, I would love to keep him on as a recruiter but a head coach he has never been and never will be. His hiring is worse than tan man.

OK, I'm going to give Doc the benefit of the doubt. When Doc took over, we where a very poor team in more ways than one. We didn't have the talent to compete week in and week out.,  The players where getting in trouble on a weekly basis it seemed liked. Doc came in a changed a lot. Doc has brought in a lot of talent and a alot will be playing on Sundays. Doc upgraded our offense and has worked to get a better defense and kicking game. Remember how our kickers couldn't get the ball to the 10yr line? Doc has to correct the "extreme mental errors" especially on our away games. I can understand you being "pessimistic right now" but slow down and look at the positives. We are light years ahead of where we have been.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 04:15:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Think Southern Miss bad. USM's game with FIU was a classic pillow fight.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 04:15:45 PM »

Online mu79grad

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 04:22:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Herdrulz, maybe you can answer this question, or maybe someone else can.  Since this is the last hurrah for the BCS, what happens next year?  In 2014 and beyond, can a non-BCS team (I guess the non-BCS moniker will change) have a chance for a large $4-$7 million payout like under the system now?  Or, are the days of a non-BCS team getting a sliver of a chance to play for really huge money gone for the foreseeable future?

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No. We are not light years ahead of where we have been.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I have to strongly "disagree" do you realize we are playing for a divisional east title? when was the last time, we played for any championship?

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 04:49:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have to strongly "disagree" do you realize we are playing for a divisional east title? when was the last time, we played for any championship?

When's the last time we played a conference schedule this soft? w/l record yes. program better...nah. 
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Won't happen.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When's the last time we played a conference schedule this soft? w/l record yes. program better...nah. 

I'm not getting into weak conference and soft schedule, bottom line is we are playing for a championship..

Offline Greg H

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 05:19:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When's the last time we played a conference schedule this soft? w/l record yes. program better...nah. 

Does your mommy know you are on her computer again?

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You are a fool.  That, or you're drunk.  If you're drunk, go home.

FIU is miseray awful.  We'll roll them.  Blake will play a lot.

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it is funny how Herd fans now bash our schedule as the worst ever but when statistics point to some some of our most successful seasons ever as being soft schedules Herd fans want to say it is not true and is a slam to our teams.  The same ones don't want to recognize how tough some if the schedules were when we were losing more than winning.  What I figured out is a segment of our fan base use the schedule to their advantage when being critical about our program which is often.

We have a chance to win 9 games and go to the championship game yet all some want to see is usise and the coach get fired.  I just shake my head. I guarantee you their are several fans of other teams that would love to be in our position.  If you can't be happy with wins....find another team and move on.  We don't need the miserable attitude around the program.  And I am not a Doc apologist either!!!

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At the risk of repeating myself, I'll tell why I think the program is light yrs ahead. Feb 2012 all other CUSA teams new and old signed one 4 star guy. Doc signed 4 players that were or had been at one time a 4 star cruit on one of the recruiting sites.

3 yrs ago some of us tried to explain that Doc was using a lot of 1st and 2nd yr players and that we would do a lot better in a couple yrs. Well now we are. and he got the #52 class last yr third only to Boise and Houston among the non AQ leagues. I figure we will land some good ones again in Feb. And consider how many playmakers return for 2014. Early last nite I was impressed with plays by Hewitt and Houston who are first yr players brought in to bolster the D. I like the Johnnys and Joes stuff. Doc gets it...and I figure he takes the heat on here for a lot of stuff the co-ords do. I was totally pissed when he was announced but when I saw the tears at the press conf I was willing to give him a chance. Maybe not the sharpest knife yet but I figure he is learning while he recruits. Suits me.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 09:11:12 PM »

Offline MUGrad06/08

• Rookie
    « Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 09:44:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is a scenario for everyone.
    Say we win out to finish 9-3, go to the conference championship and then our bowl game. What if we lose the final two "post season" games. Is 9-5 a successful year?
    What say you?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 09:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At the risk of repeating myself, I'll tell why I think the program is light yrs ahead. Feb 2012 all other CUSA teams new and old signed one 4 star guy. Doc signed 4 players that were or had been at one time a 4 star cruit on one of the recruiting sites.

3 yrs ago some of us tried to explain that Doc was using a lot of 1st and 2nd yr players and that we would do a lot better in a couple yrs. Well now we are. and he got the #52 class last yr third only to Boise and Houston among the non AQ leagues. I figure we will land some good ones again in Feb. And consider how many playmakers return for 2014. Early last nite I was impressed with plays by Hewitt and Houston who are first yr players brought in to bolster the D. I like the Johnnys and Joes stuff. Doc gets it...and I figure he takes the heat on here for a lot of stuff the co-ords do. I was totally pissed when he was announced but when I saw the tears at the press conf I was willing to give him a chance. Maybe not the sharpest knife yet but I figure he is learning while he recruits. Suits me.

^ this ^ very well said!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Extragreen, so now you don't think we are light years ahead of where we have been?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »