Author Topic: Calling All Marshall Fans In Pittsburgh  (Read 812 times)

Offline herdfan_07

Calling All Marshall Fans In Pittsburgh
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:35:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was just interested to see how many on here may be from the Pittsburgh area.  I just moved up here 5 months ago, and have made it back for every game.  However, I would love to get a group of people together up here for game watching for the away games.  Who knows, possibly even creating a Pittsburgh Big Green chapter.  I haven't posted on here in a while, but if you need a reference to know how passionate I am about Herd athletics just ask Big Ol Hillbilly.  I haven't missed a home game in 12 years, and I plan on being there Friday sporting my Kelly green.  Go Herd!!!
    "Rich Rodriguez For President"

HerdFans.com

Calling All Marshall Fans In Pittsburgh
    « on: November 26, 2013, 12:35:09 AM »

Offline W0lfman

Re: Calling All Marshall Fans In Pittsburgh
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • looks like you are in Pit all alone!

Offline HerdPitt

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • make that 2 in the Burgh!  You're not alone, just not many.

Offline ichor

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 01:49:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DeAnre Kane family...
    S M I L E -

Offline The Greenhouse Effect

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would like to see a map of where alums are by dot intensity on a map of the USA. Id speculate  it might be safe to say most MU alumna move south not north on their first departure from the state.  A lot more in the 22 mil NYC area than one might expect too though.

When I go back to visit I seem to find many more WVU grads that have stayed in WV than Marshall grads as well.

I'm curious to see our following at the first Charlotte hoops game this year.

Offline k00laid

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would like to see a map of where alums are by dot intensity on a map of the USA. Id speculate  it might be safe to say most MU alumna move south not north on their first departure from the state.  A lot more in the 22 mil NYC area than one might expect too though.

When I go back to visit I seem to find many more WVU grads that have stayed in WV than Marshall grads as well.

I'm curious to see our following at the first Charlotte hoops game this year.

Notable exception to this would probably be Columbus, OH.
    Let's Go Herd!

Offline THUNDER0645

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I live in morgantown and would deff like to hang with you guys if you want to start a chapter in Pitt. I'm so bored and tired of all these mountain ear fans! Wish I could start a chapter here but that's wishful thinking

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 05:19:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I live in morgantown and would deff like to hang with you guys if you want to start a chapter in Pitt. I'm so bored and tired of all these mountain ear fans! Wish I could start a chapter here but that's wishful thinking

That would be awesome to start a BG chapter in Morgantown, even if it only had 2 members, be cool just for the point of it.  Get a Billboard to advertise it just to piss them off:

Also, On a different forum I was reading a couple years back, one of the admins put up a map, with a dot on it for the location of every IP address that visited the forum during a certain time period to show where all their traffic came from.  It was pretty neat to see, and surprising at how far away some of the people were. 

Offline THUNDER0645

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• That would be awesome to start a BG chapter in Morgantown, even if it only had 2 members, be cool just for the point of it.  Get a Billboard to advertise it just to piss them off:

Also, On a different forum I was reading a couple years back, one of the admins put up a map, with a dot on it for the location of every IP address that visited the forum during a certain time period to show where all their traffic came from.  It was pretty neat to see, and surprising at how far away some of the people were. 

That would be funny to piss them off. The billboard would show a pic of marshall and WVU but it would say Rising, and for them Falling lol

Offline herdfan_07

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol that would be pretty sweet having that visibility up there.  I am actually in Washington PA, and have a great venue for game watching.  I'd be open to any suggestions that made it accessible for everyone.  Great win today.  I guess if we end up playing away next week we could possibly try to throw something together to watch the Herd win a championship! :)

Offline herdphoto

• Rookie
    « Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I live in Morganhole. There are quite a few Herd fans in the hole but they usually keep a pretty low profile. It would be cool to have a Herd day at a Pirates game some time like the Cincy and Baltimore clubs do.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »

Offline herdintheburgh

• Rookie
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm in the 'burgh. I have come across plenty of alumni in the South Hills area. 

Offline cutmeopenibleedgreen

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 11:45:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No one likes you herdfan_07.....

'Cept me and Little Buffalo  ;D
    "What day is it, son?" "Game Day." "What day?"  "Game Day!" "Thats Right! Time to play till the whistle blows!"

Offline herdfan_07

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 12:55:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was creepy cutmeopen.....lol

You can come up to join us as well.

Anyone who is truly interested please private message me an email address so I can start getting an idea of the level of interest, and we will go from there.  Thanks for the responses.  Look forward to hearing from you all.

Offline THUNDER0645

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 05:33:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I live in Morganhole. There are quite a few Herd fans in the hole but they usually keep a pretty low profile. It would be cool to have a Herd day at a Pirates game some time like the Cincy and Baltimore clubs do.

Glad to hear there are marshall fans up here, I've lived here for 3 years originally from Huntington but only seen Maybe two cars with a herd plate on it. I think we should try and do something and have herd fans get together somewhere. Washington pa would be good for a halfway point for morgantown and Pittsburgh.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 05:33:36 PM »