Author Topic: NHR: Auburn takes down Bama  (Read 719 times)

Offline BuyNtelos4

NHR: Auburn takes down Bama
« on: November 26, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's all.  More importantly: They jump Ohio State for #2 leading to rioting in the streets in Columbus. 
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 01:36:03 PM by BuyNtelos4 »

HerdFans.com

NHR: Auburn takes down Bama
    « on: November 26, 2013, 01:26:45 PM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    Re: NHR: Auburn takes down Bama
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:59:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Auburn takes down Bama

They haven't played yet, unless you're talking about 2007 or 2010...

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I suppose I should have been more clear, I was predicting it. 

I think they have a great chance.  I hear that Auburn is to 1 dimensional, but I think they can overcome that. They became that one way because they are very tough and good at running the ball.  They can throw when they need to, and I think Bama will over-committ to stopping the run, opening up some nice PA passes for Auburn.

Plus, I always like to see cfb rankings get turned upside down.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I suppose I should have been more clear, I was predicting it. 

I think they have a great chance.  I hear that Auburn is to 1 dimensional, but I think they can overcome that. They became that one way because they are very tough and good at running the ball.  They can throw when they need to, and I think Bama will over-committ to stopping the run, opening up some nice PA passes for Auburn.

Plus, I always like to see cfb rankings get turned upside down.

Even with a loss to Auburn there's a reasonable chance Alabama ends up in the title game, as messed up as that sounds.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would they have a rematch for the SEC title game if the upset did happen??

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 03:04:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No because they are both in the west.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The way I can see it happening, and while this is a lot of "ifs" not of them are crazy.

Auburn beats Alabama this weekend
    Michigan or Michigan State beats Ohio State this weekend or next weekend
    Auburn gets beat in SEC Championship Game by South Carolina next weekend
    Missouri gets beat this weekend by Texas AM
    South Carolina beats Clemson this this weekend
    Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State next weekend.

That'd put FSU at 13-0, Alabama at 11-1, Ohio State 12-1, Auburn 11-2, Missouri 10-2, Clemson 10-2, Oklahoma State 10-2, Stanford 2 or 4 losses, Baylor 1 or 2 losses, South Carolina 10-3.

I'd think the SEC factor would be slightly enough to boost Alabama in over Ohio State.

Either way, a lot of big games left that could swing things drastically. Heck, if Oklahoma does upset Oklahoma State and Texas can win at home Thursday vs Texas Tech, then win Dec 7 at Baylor, Texas would be B12 champs.

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bet if Alabama gets beat by Auburn they would only drop to #2.  That would be something, not even win their conference and play for the national championship.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bet if Alabama gets beat by Auburn they would only drop to #2.  That would be something, not even win their conference and play for the national championship.

In my scenario the big 6 conference champs would be:

Florida State, South Carolina, Michigan State, Stanford/Arizona State, Baylor/Texas, and UCF

FSU would be a lock for the game, which other conference champ would deserve it over Alabama? The only argument would be possibly Baylor, if they beat TCU and Texas.

Offline mxman870

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 03:32:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the Buckeyes cant beat Michigan and Michigan State they do not belong in the mythical national championship game. If there are two bcs conference undefeated teams when the smoke clears those two will play no matter who it is. A one loss team will not leap frog an unbeaten. Case closed.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 03:33:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Auburn beats 'Bama and Ohio St and FSU win out there will not be an SEC team in the final.  And what is really possible is if Auburn beats 'Bama, MSU beats OSU, and Clemson beats South Carolina, there could be an all ACC final with a Clemson-FSU rematch.  
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline iherdya

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Auburn beats 'Bama and Ohio St and FSU win out there will not be an SEC team in the final.  And what is really possible is if Auburn beats 'Bama, MSU beats OSU, and Clemson beats South Carolina, there could be an all ACC final with a Clemson-FSU rematch.  

It'll be close, but I think in that scenario Bama still gets in over Clemson.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am taking my show on the road, starting my sports book if anybody needs betting advice.

Lol first loss in 3 years and I could just feel it coming.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 09:19:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember rich rod against pitt and I certainly remember Donnan against Montana and Saban had an weird feeling coaching to those two. Is it out of the realm of possibility he ends up on a plane to Austin?

Offline herdadreh

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Auburn wins on possibly the coolest clock-runs-out play I can remember at any level of football. (Of course I am biased against Alabama...)

I believe if Florida State and Auburn win their conference championships, they will play for the MNC. Ohio State will be out in the cold and I think in that scenario they will deserve to be. Too many unimpressive wins. Claimer - all my family root for Ohio State and I don't think I have any bias against them.

Offline MUther

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Nebraska did it.  They lost to Colorado and lost the Big 12, then leapfrogged them into the championship game.  Also got in over a one loss LSU that year I think.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »