Author Topic: The target is 22,456...  (Read 1762 times)

Offline FlyHawk98

Re: The target is 22,456...
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would usually agree shopping and hunting etc are not an excuse. However, during this day and week it is.

The only reason I won't be hunting with family this year, as is the tradition, is I don't have my license and everything ready as I was expecting to be working but got out of my notice early. It is the biggest shopping day of the year and people love to shop. This is too a tradition among many women in families, just as hunting is in men.

These are valid reasons to miss a badly scheduled football game. Friday at 7pm, much better. I am binging all I can but I will not forsake anyone for spending time with their families partaking in family traditions. One thing I have learned over the past year moving away for work jut seeing dollar signs, is that family comes first. Its the only thing that matters at the end of this life for us. Those are he only people going to be standing by your bed holding your hand as you pass away, not Marshall, not Bob pruett or the team. So yes, family during this week, is a valid excuse.

Now that is a damn good post sir.

Tomorrow is the only day of hunting that I am going to miss this week. Most people only get a few days to hunt because they work the rest of the week and the following week.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »

Offline Peter Griffin

• Varsity
    « Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 05:03:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was the attendance today?

Offline letsgoherd

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was the attendance today?

Announced- 25k and some change. I don't know how it looked or sounded on tv, but it sure was loud and energetic at the stadium. Great atmosphere today.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Announced- 25k and some change. I don't know how it looked or sounded on tv, but it sure was loud and energetic at the stadium. Great atmosphere today.

From pdunn's seat on his recliner it was definitely the "A" crowd from the sound of it on the tube.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline Killer Buffalo

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Twenty five thousand, one hundred, seventeen of us skipped shopping and hunting and made it to the Joan.
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:08:09 PM by Killer Buffalo »

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You answered your own sense of unbelief. "If"....that is the operative word "IF" one was more a fan of college football fan than a fan of Christmas shopping, or some other activity, then yes they would at the game. It isn't unbelievable if you realize that many are not college football fans first.

If you're on this site you're a fan.  And there are a great many college fans.  I saw them in Seattle, Baton Rouge and Iowa City among others. The stadiums were full and guess what?  On Black Friday.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2013, 06:09:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you're on this site you're a fan.  And there are a great many college fans.  I saw them in Seattle, Baton Rouge and Iowa City among others. The stadiums were full and guess what?  On Black Friday.

Your post wasn't directed at those only on this site. You were expressing disbelief at the reasons being cited for possible low attendance. I would guess that the reasons would apply to mostly those not on this site.

LSU vs Arkansas are not really being used as a comparison, are they. Maybe a more equivalent would be the Mt West game between the undefeated and BCS bound Fresno and rival SJS. Attendance pretty much like ours with lots of open sections and spaces between people even in the "full" sections, like ours. Maybe a better comparison will be today's Rice game on a Saturday and and compare to ours on a Friday noon. People offered real reasons we would not see huge numbers  especially for those casual fans that are not registered to this board. Looking at the crowd, some of those reasons cited were likely accurate.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2013, 06:09:38 AM »