Author Topic: Environment today in the Joan  (Read 497 times)

Offline whf

Environment today in the Joan
« on: November 29, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was just thinking as I sat and cheered for 3 hours in the Joan today that any non-BCS conference that would not want that environment in their league has some set.  I hear ECU has this kind of environment, but I haven't seen it anywhere we have ever played since Little Miami was good while we were good in the MAC.  This was what college football is all about, two good teams, rivals, playing their hearts out for 45 minutes (not so much in the 4th qtr).

So I say let's just find new rivals in our new conference, hope they'll bring good teams to the Joan and keep growing - start showing the world MU is coming Back.

HerdFans.com

« on: November 29, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »

Offline morpheus

Re: Environment today in the Joan
    « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:13:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great atmosphere for college football.  I think that first yell by everyone for the first 3rd down by ECU set the tone for the day.  Good to have something to play for again ,for the team and the fans.

Online SuperAnjario

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't the biggest crowd, but it was a GREAT crowd.  Loud & totally into the game.

Proud to be a Marshall fan.

Offline Pheud

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:46:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The 1st ECU 3rd down play of the game sent chills down my whole body at how LOUD it was. I'm so glad I decided to make this game.

I feel incredibly bad for the guy in Section 122 who got pissed at the ECU scores at the end of the 1st half, cursed the team out then drug his kids out of the stadium not to return though. They missed something incredible.

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 09:52:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate to get into another discussion about the sound system instead of just celebrating a win, because I don't really care that much . . .

But I felt like the music was noticeably much louder today and that really helped to boost the energy in the stadium along with the great crowd.  I loved it. 

The past few weeks I had been thinking there was something wrong with it, but apparently they've just had the volume turned down all season until now? 

Why do they do that? 

Questions of sound quality aside, am I crazy in thinking it was louder today? 

Offline k00laid

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:56:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate to get into another discussion about the sound system instead of just celebrating a win, because I don't really care that much . . .

But I felt like the music was noticeably much louder today and that really helped to boost the energy in the stadium along with the great crowd.  I loved it.  

The past few weeks I had been thinking there was something wrong with it, but apparently they've just had the volume turned down all season until now?  

Why do they do that?  

Questions of sound quality aside, am I crazy in thinking it was louder today?

I noticed the last game they had a speaker still hooked up that was completely blown.  I said to a buddy pregame that it definitely sounded like they replaced it because it sounded much better.
    Let's Go Herd!

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also noticed the difference(for the better) in the selection and that there was no overlap with the band and the music.

It's almost as if some at Marshall are reading the boards and making changes to the suggestions on the board. Heck, they actually played Danzig on the loudspeakers!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Online ThunderDent

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Biggest difference in environment today dealing with PA, etc was there was no commercials on Jumbotron in between plays and quarters. That went to music and band.

HUGE help to atmosphere.

Crowd was great as well. I am so happy to get pumped up to watch Herd D again.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Big difference I noticed today. The fans were into it and cared today. Just wait til we have about 33k or more next week when we host the title game. THAT will be an atmosphere to be a part of.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »