Author Topic: Grooms arrested  (Read 1485 times)

Offline miltonherdfan

Grooms arrested
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.herald-dispatch.com/breaking/x1968861982/Herd-tailback-Grooms-arrested-again

sounds like he mite've broken 1 of doc's 3 rules ("misdemeanor domestic battery").

guess we'll see if those 3 rules apply to everyone (I know, I know, IF he's guilty) . . .

(2nd arrest in 8 months, my gut says there's a slite chance he mite be guilty)

HerdFans.com

Grooms arrested
    « on: November 30, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »

Offline BipolarFan

Re: Grooms arrested
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:13:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Probably time to get rid of this idiot.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Probably time to get rid of this idiot.

Damnit! this is not what I wanted to see or read about on a Sunday morning. I have to admit after celebrating yesterday, in the back of my mind I was thinking, now who's going to put a damper on our win? I don't know about getting rid of Kevin, but something has to be done about his behavior off the field.

http://website.informer.com/visit?domain=westernregionaljail.info

Offline letsgoherd

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man, that's a bummer!!

Offline sleeinwv

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's wait until more info is released. 

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The first arrest for underage consumption does not bother me and I can forget about it, but I'm curious to learn more about the domestic violence charge.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The first arrest for underage consumption does not bother me and I can forget about it, but I'm curious to learn more about the domestic violence charge.

And according to the web site, impersonating a WVSP. This isn't looking good for Kevin. I'm not trying to rush to judgement, I'm  pissed to that this has happend again.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As long as we are speculating, I'm thinking it could have been Black Friday Shopping related....

Online svherd

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 10:48:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I knew the good vibes couldn't last long. Good gracious.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the charges hold up he has got to go. I will not support our program if he is allowed to stay AND the charges hold up.

Offline Pinkerton99

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am always suspicious of Domestic Violence charges until the facts come out.  The fact is in today's society all it takes is a female accusation and it's off to jail regardless of any evidence or truth of a situation.  That being said violence against a woman (or any person really) is not acceptable.
    Note: I'm not Eric Pinkerton.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If the charges hold up he has got to go. I will not support our program if he is allowed to stay AND the charges hold up.

Yes you will. How many felonies did we commit growing up? We just didn't get caught

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #12 on: November 30, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I doubt he impersonated a police officer....In WV, several crimes are included in all inside the same code section.... obstructing, resisting and fleeing are all the same charge....I'd say it's just listed in the court as, lying to a wvsp/impersonating a wvsp....

Totally guessing, he may have gave a false name when he was stopped...probably will be charged as, providing false info to a WVSPO....

Offline pdunn

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 11:48:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes you will. How many felonies did we commit growing up? We just didn't get caught

Well, I can say with 100% confidence that I never committed a felony. ::)
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline luvherd

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Obviously done for year. Let the rest play out.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Pinkerton99

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes you will. How many felonies did we commit growing up? We just didn't get caught

I think you are confusing felony with misdemeanor... unless your youth involved raping, assault with weapons, or being a drug mule.  

Come to think of it that might explain some of your posts.  ;D

Note: I'm not Eric Pinkerton.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate to hear this news! To me he is our most talented RB when healthy. Stew is a close 2nd. Good thing we have depth.

Online whf

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FS1 reporting just before noon that he has been suspended indefinitely. 

Sure hope it wasn't his emotions running high because of not getting playing time.  Really don't care if it is, but that would be a bad sign for the kid if he can't handle that kind of decision and reacts violently about it to / with a woman.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, let's wait and see....

Domestic violence is defined as any unwanted physical contact towards someone that you share domestic relationship...

Pushing= Domestic Violence....Grabbing = Domestic Violence....jerking your phone out of your girlfriends hands=domestic violence

Also punching your girlfriend with your fist in the face is also domestic violence.....

But, probably 7 out of 10 of those charged....Is a result of shoving your way through a door...or taking property or stopping property from being taken....fights over phones...Fights over custody....shoving matches...having 2 girlfriends/2 boyfriends at the same time type stuff...

lets just wait and see...
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:45:30 PM by Johnnyherd »

Offline CJHerdgrad

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Johnnyherd is right in his assessment. For everyone's general fund of knowledge, Domestic Battery encompasses everything from a mild push to a closed fist punch to the face. WV Code defines domestic battery as "Any person who unlawfully and intentionally makes physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with his or her family or household member or unlawfully and intentionally causes physical harm to his or her family or household member"

Family or household member is defined as:   (1) Are or were married to each other;
    (2) Are or were living together as spouses; (3) Are or were sexual or intimate partners;
    (4) Are or were dating: Provided, That a casual acquaintance or ordinary fraternization between persons in a business or social context does not establish a dating relationship;
    (5) Are or were residing together in the same household;
    (6) Have a child in common regardless of whether they have ever married or lived together;
    (7) Have the following relationships to another person:
    (A) Parent; (B) Stepparent; (C) Brother or sister; (D) Half-brother or half-sister;
    (E) Stepbrother or stepsister; (F) Father-in-law or mother-in-law;
    (G) Stepfather-in-law or stepmother-in-law; (H) Child or stepchild;
    (I) Daughter-in-law or son-in-law; (J) Stepdaughter-in-law or stepson-in-law;
    (K) Grandparent; (L) Step grandparent; (M) Aunt, aunt-in-law or step aunt;
    (N) Uncle, uncle-in-law or step uncle; (O) Niece or nephew;
    (P) First or second cousin; or
    (8) Have the relationships set forth in paragraphs (A) through (P), subdivision (7) of this section to a family or household member, as defined in subdivisions (1) through (6) of this section.

WSAZ lists the other charge as "obstructing an officer".  This is different from the "lying to a WV state trooper".  There is a specific charge in the state code making it a crime to lie to a WV state trooper.  It carries no jail time, therefore when all officers get lied to (it happens, I know everyone is shocked), they are usually charged with "obstructing an officer".  This charge means everything from lying about one's name (upon arrest or a traffic stop, you aren't allowed to do that), to interfering with an officer trying to do something else, to even running away.  Although when the latter is charged, media outlets usually get that right calling the charge correctly "fleeing".

I would guess he lied about his identity to avoid getting kicked off the team.  I don't know what to think about the domestic violence charges.  Purposeful violence that is not self-defense against anyone is not acceptable behavior.  Such violence against one's family or household member, especially someone you are romantically involved with, is especially troubling.  I see probably half of these cases as a waste of everyone's time.  Either they are groundless or minor enough so the "victim" really doesn't mind the violence because she often gives as good as she gets.  These are often dismissed upon request of the victim.  Of the other half, half of those are technically a crime but get dismissed as the relationship is now over and there isn't any risk of stalking or worse (no weapons, little to no injury/property damage, no punching or kicking).  The remaining 25% are fairly violent acts.  Even still, victims often don't cooperate and a lot get dismissed.  We still get convictions as we take pictures and subpoena hospital records.

It is early still.  If guilty, get rid of him. 

Offline ibleedgreen

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 05:23:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...and he's gone...

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Link?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:41 PM »

Online svherd

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 05:33:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This is a joke right? Wow!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 06:18:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No I will not. I never beat up a woman and some of the stupid things I did in HS are not the same as doing these things as a college D1 athlete.

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think you are confusing felony with misdemeanor... unless your youth involved raping, assault with weapons, or being a drug mule.  

Come to think of it that might explain some of your posts.  ;D

Mailbox bashing is also a felony.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 06:21:06 PM »