Author Topic: WARNING TRI STATE RESIDENTS!  (Read 740 times)

Offline The Greenhouse Effect

• Junior Varsity
WARNING TRI STATE RESIDENTS!
« on: November 30, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The genius from Morgantown and his team have lost again to the last place team in their conference at HOME.

Please brace yourself for more insults and derogatory comments about you and your region.

That is all, carry on.

HerdFans.com

WARNING TRI STATE RESIDENTS!
    « on: November 30, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

Re: WARNING TRI STATE RESIDENTS!
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've never seen a meltdown like what is happening over their right now.  Check out BGN and their Rivals board is even worse.

Offline ShawHerd

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Losing is contagious, furniture stores will be going out because of low sofa sales.
    "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

Offline herdman22

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You really can't expect them to have the energy to play 3 overtimes as hungry as they are.

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You really can't expect them to have the energy to play 3 overtimes as hungry as they are.

It's a shame that schools like Marshall and ECU took so much food out of their mouths.

Quote from: SamC

As with most things, Cr. Kabler has most of his facts wrong.  Its easier to believe stupid things if you make up facts to suit yourself.

Foundation of Marshall College.  The Commonwealth of Virginia granted a charter to Marshall Academy in 1837 and was changed to Marshall College in 1857, when the Commonwealth gave it "all the degree granting powers of the Universtiy".  (This mean the Uniersity of Virginia, this was the standard lingo used in that era to acredit a private college).

West Virgina Code 2-2-1 provides that:

"The common law of England, so far as it is not repugnant to the principles of the constitution of this state, shall continue in force within the same, except in those respects wherein it was altered by the general assembly of Virginia before the twentieth day of June, eighteen hundred and sixty-three, or has been, or shall be, altered by the Legislature of this state."

Similarly, the state's first true college, Bethany College was established in 1837, and given then "all the degree granting powers of the University" at that time, and Bethany CONTINUES TO OPERATE under that authoirty to this day.  

Similarly, the nation's second oldest college, The College Of William And Mary In Virginia, was founded under a charter granted by, umm, William and Mary, two generations before the American Revolution.  It did not become a state college in Virginia until 1875.  Does Comrade Kabler deny that W&M "really" existed before then?  Similarly, Baylor University operates under a charter granted by the Republic of Texas, all acts of said republic being still valid.  And he might want to check the charter of his prescious Yale.  Charter granted by Queen Anne, still valid.

Rhodes Scholars:  Funded by Cecil Rhodes, founder of Rhodesia.  Dedicated in his will to "young white men of British or German ancestry in the United States, the "white colonies of Great Britan (Canada, Australia, etc), and Germany."  The stated purpose being to "perpetuate the dominace of the First Race of the world over all the world."  

Foundation of the Marshall College State Normal School.   No such school ever existed.  The Act accepted the gift of the Trustees of Marshall College, which at that post-war point, was the Methodist Church, of all of the property of Marshall College and established "The State Normal School of West Virginia at Marshall College in Huntington, Cabell County".  Other later normal schools were founded under the language "A BRANCH of the State Normal School is established at ..."  Thus Concord, Glenville, Shepherd, Fairmont, and West Liberty, are actually decended from Marshall, being its former branches.   Marshall was renamed simply again as "Marshall College" in 1901.  BTW, the 1867 act establishing what become WVU accepted the gift of the Woodburn Female Seminary, which was a place the wealthy sent off pregnant unmarried daughters, and named the school "West Virginia Agricultural College".   The "predecessor institution" mentioned by Cr. Kabler went bankrupt in 1825 and surrendered its charter to the Commonwealth.  [italics & bold mine]

BCS:  There is, of course, no such thing as a "BCS bowl".

"Flagship" : A "flagship" is a warship upon which a "flag officer" (an admiral) is present.  There is no such thing as a "flagship university".  

And while the good comrade didn't mention it, the "Land Grant Act" established schools for "training in the manual and agragran arts".  Among the schools that ARE "land grant schools" are Virginia Tech, North Carolina State, Michigan State, Clemson, Mississippi State, Auburn, Texas A&M, Cal-Davis, etc.  Often the second school in their state.

Remember, if the Gag-zete tells you ANYTHING, believe the exact opposite.

"If the shirt says Marshall, they probably went to Marshall. If the shirt says WVU, they probably went to Wal-Mart."
    2/4 5:15 PM | IP: Logged

p2m
    Dude, It's like ... it's like a James Bond car for drunks." - Bellflower ( 2011 )

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:16:18 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Warning Tri-state residents.!
    WVU has developed a new mist during mosquito season to spray upon the air and if you breathe this mist WVU says...It may be deadly!

Offline pdunn

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I went over to the MMB to view the meltdown.  I would know things had hit rock bottom if someone brought up that damn rifle team they have up there, on the forum.

Not surprisingly, someone did. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »