Author Topic: How much influenced has Bob Pruett had on Doc Holliday?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline The E-Man

How much influenced has Bob Pruett had on Doc Holliday?
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc Holliday has said, coach Pruett has influenced him a lot. I'm wondering just how much coach Pruett is doing behind the scenes? Doc seems to be an entirely differant coach the last 4 games of the season, especially after the MTSU game. Whatever Doc is doing it's working! Keep the motors running full throttle.

HerdFans.com

How much influenced has Bob Pruett had on Doc Holliday?
    « on: November 30, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »

Offline ThunderValley

Re: How much influenced has Bob Pruett had on Doc Holliday?
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep the motors running full throttle.

I think that is what he started doing and it made a big difference

Offline ArkansasHerdFan

• Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got to talk to Coach Pruitt at Yeagar Airport earlier this week and I can tell you he is a big Doc Holiday fan.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 09:27:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that speaks volumes about Doc and his character. This proves that he wants to win and place the program's success over his own accolades.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline Collis P

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got to talk to Coach Pruitt at Yeagar Airport earlier this week and I can tell you he is a big Doc Holiday fan.

If coach Pruett is big on Doc - I am in his corner going forward.........Nuf said......

We play for Championships............................................................................
    S M I L E -

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that speaks volumes about Doc and his character. This proves that he wants to win and place the program's success over his own accolades.

Huff, I agree, sounds like Doc checked his ego at the door. Since Pruett has been vocal and giving pep talks to the team, we are a "beast right now". I'd line us up against anyone. That's the  fiery attitude the team is playing with now and I'm loving it :)

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 10:35:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly believe that if Pruett would have been hired over Doc, it would have taken him this long to get this far...we were that far down.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc, is a great football coach. He has did nothing short of working his literal ass off since given the head coaching position. Over the past three years, Coach Pruett has said, Coach Holliday will get the job done. Honestly, any help he may pick up from Coach Pruett would be a plus for we herdfans, but Doc is the man who took over a defeated/broken/ program and said there is no school in America that has the lineage of MU. He said, we play for Championships here at MU.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 03:37:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He may have given him some advice, and Doc has embraces him and allowed him to be apart of things and have some access to the players, vise versa.  Let's be careful and not move into the gray area of giving credit for Doc's hard work.  This season was achieved on the recruiting trail the last couple years, working hard in the offseason, and learning from mistakes over the last few years.  Let's be happy Pruett is still around as a fan and fundraiser, and that he talks to the team on occasion similar to Pennington's role. 

Congrats Doc, on the victory over East Division championship, and Keel it going. 

E, you are the man, but of we get stomped by Rice next week, that is certainly going to be 100% on Doc, not Pruett, so let's give him 100% of the good as well.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 08:01:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Doc has built this team and is starting to win. I am sure he will seek the advice of several head coaches he has worked/recruited for. Pruett is a good friend of Doc's and will help with advice in any way.

Doc is starting to turn the corner as a head coach. He is getting better asst. coaches and it is paying off.
     To seek advice is the sign of a coach that wants to succeed and build a winner.

Some don't like Doc and never will. But the vast majority is behind Doc and his program.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly believe that if Pruett would have been hired over Doc, it would have taken him this long to get this far...we were that far down.

I don't think so, Snyder had a team that should have been in the CUSA title game but he coached it to .500, so I don't see the major rebuild that Snyder inherited.  I think Pruett would have won more over the last four years, particularly early years.  I suppose I'd have to wonder if we'd be better off longer term.  I'd say Pruett would have done better than Doc the first couple of years..he wouldn't have gone so far as Doc on discipline etc and probably would have won a couple more games each of the first two years.  I'd guess, based on Doc's great recruiting and Pruett's poor recruiting (using is later HC years to judge) that we would be in worse shape now than we are.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd agree with that...A few more wins earlier, but still not where we are today until today and with more concern for the future.  Right now, seems everyone is looking forward to moving forward.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 10:36:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I very much prefer Doc's tougher discipline.  It on obviously hasn't hindered us to much, because we are playing for a championship, and we have a team mostly full of guys we can be very proud of.  I'll take Doc's great recruiting and learning on the job, and a team built to succeed long term, over Pruett's couple of extra turd bowl games, And subpar, at least not as good as docs, recruiting.   Love coach Pruett.  If Doc ever leaves for greener pastures, I would be all for Pruett getting 1 year as interim HC to get into the ball of fame.  Other than that, I like him right where he is at.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 01:18:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I very much prefer Doc's tougher discipline.  It on obviously hasn't hindered us to much, because we are playing for a championship, and we have a team mostly full of guys we can be very proud of.  I'll take Doc's great recruiting and learning on the job, and a team built to succeed long term, over Pruett's couple of extra turd bowl games, And subpar, at least not as good as docs, recruiting.   Love coach Pruett.  If Doc ever leaves for greener pastures, I would be all for Pruett getting 1 year as interim HC to get into the ball of fame.  Other than that, I like him right where he is at.

I love coach Pruett as much as anyone. I just don't think physically, coach Pruett could handle the stresses of being a head coach again. You have meetings, recruiting, fund raisers, dealing with off field issues, etc.. it can take it's toll on even a young healthy coach. I'd rather see coach Pruett be a consultant and promoting the Herd in a PR way.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Luv BP but this is Doc's time.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »