Author Topic: harris poll voters  (Read 824 times)

Offline goherd24

harris poll voters
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mike Bartrum has to throw us a vote here. Not like it is unjustified after the beat down of ecu.

Also, Jeff Blake and another former player at ECU can give us some love. Also a ECU beat writer on that poll.

Can not find the coaches in the coaches poll. Anyone have that info? A vote there does it as well.

It hurts if it comes down to computers when we lose to damn Ohio and also 4 of our wins against opponents  that are 5-44. Lets go Bartrum! Its OK to throw a homer vote out there this week
    « Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:32:17 PM by goherd24 »

HerdFans.com

harris poll voters
    « on: November 30, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: harris poll voters
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 11:01:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bump. Would like some insight here. Is it possible with all the ECU former players and writers on the harris poll and a former Marshall player in Bartrum, that we don't get a single vote in order to host? I gotta believe that we get the nod due to this.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I knew when Mark Snyder figured a way to defeat, "do you know who I am" ? That big feeling @#*^! AD, not to mention his headcoach  would screw WV royally, out of themselves... Give them guys a couple more years.  Please!

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have to think we pick up at least 1-2 votes this week. ECU was receiving 11 votes in one of the polls. One of those people should at least give us a vote I would think.

Offline Bleed_Kelly_Green

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 12:01:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc should offer Urban Meyer a 1st place vote for his vote. Urban will need all the 1st place votes he can get to hold off Auburn.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 12:16:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc should offer Urban Meyer a 1st place vote for his vote. Urban will need all the 1st place votes he can get to hold off Auburn.

Coaches don't really vote in the coaches poll from what I've heard. Do you really think they have the time and really know anything about any other teams outside of who the have played?
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline sardistim

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 12:22:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All we need is ONE vote in the coaches poll or the Harris poll and we have a HOME game.  No way Rice gets a vote.  Odds for ONE vote, after ECU had a total to 12 votes in both polls?  75/25

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 12:32:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will not be long until we find out how connected and what is important to CUSA.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 12:37:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2010AFCA_BowlsubBoardofCoaches

Finally!!! Found it. A lot of names on there that I know doc knows and could pull some strings. Doc himself is a member and could vote for his own team. Why the heck now?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 12:40:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coaches don't really vote in the coaches poll from what I've heard. Do you really think they have the time and really know anything about any other teams outside of who the have played?

They do vote. There is a committee that changes every year. They have to submit a ballot. Used to be a website somewhere tht you could even see who voted for who but I lost that link somewhere. And coaches know football and other teams. Probably the most credible poll out there really.

Offline Olen

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mike Bartrum has to throw us a vote here. Not like it is unjustified after the beat down of ecu.

Also, Jeff Blake and another former player at ECU can give us some love. Also a ECU beat writer on that poll.

Can not find the coaches in the coaches poll. Anyone have that info? A vote there does it as well.

It hurts if it comes down to computers when we lose to damn Ohio and also 4 of our wins against opponents  that are 5-44. Lets go Bartrum! Its OK to throw a homer vote out there this week

Bartrum is no longer on the list (nor is Blake).

The current list is here:  http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vault/HI-News-Release-HICFP-Panelists-100313_final.pdf

Former MU AD's David Braine and Bob Marcum are on the list.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 01:46:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They do vote. There is a committee that changes every year. They have to submit a ballot. Used to be a website somewhere tht you could even see who voted for who but I lost that link somewhere. And coaches know football and other teams. Probably the most credible poll out there really.

What I'm saying is that they have someone vote for them in their name. You really think Mike Leach knows anything about CUSA, Sunbelt or Mac schools?
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 01:46:02 AM »

Offline Bleed_Kelly_Green

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 01:48:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And all the coach has to do is tell whoever is casting votes for him to vote for Marshall.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 01:54:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not unless they pretty damned good and garners his attention. He is only voting for his top 25 teams.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 01:59:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bartrum is no longer on the list (nor is Blake).

The current list is here:  http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vault/HI-News-Release-HICFP-Panelists-100313_final.pdf

Former MU AD's David Braine and Bob Marcum are on the list.

Good catch, think ole Bob would help us? I doubt it.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 03:28:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not unless they pretty damned good and garners his attention. He is only voting for his top 25 teams.

Coaching is more cliquish than a sorority.  Doc will be calling old friends, and Meyer will be as well, both like crazy.  Politics very much come into play.  I think ECU was receiving 11 top 25 votes.  If we can just pick up 1 or 2 of those, that alone should put us ahead of Rice. 

Offline backontrack

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember when Leach and Roger Twibell (former ESPN guy) broadcast the Tulane game of 2010 on CBSSports...he might have been the worst analyst I've EVER heard...and that's saying something...

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »