Author Topic: Get the damn rule book out!  (Read 286 times)

Offline muherdfan

Get the damn rule book out!
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whatever the rule says goes.  I don't know the rule but must be one somewhere.  From what I understand (from hearing the rules) we should be hosting.  If the rules changed in the last hour then their is a court process for that.  File an injunction and get a very fast process of the rules.  But I'm sure there wasn't a rule made at 9 pm on Sunday night.  Surely this %^&* should have been cleared by now??? If not then this conference is really lacking in leadership.  Period.  get his or her ass out right now.  No way should a guy determine what was fair after the fact.  It was fair before the fact.  File the injunction and separate yourself from this amateur piece of crap conference is the way I look at it.  Doesn't matter where the Herd beats their ass home or away.....just give them a reason to separated themselves from mediocrity and changing rules along the way.  Just kick ass! 

HerdFans.com

Get the damn rule book out!
    « on: December 01, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »

Offline herdadreh

Re: Get the damn rule book out!
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As has been posted in several threads, the rule says 3) BCS ranking. (1 Conference Record, 2 Head to Head):

Tiebreaker
    The following tiebreaker formula is recommended for the Conference USA Football Championship
    game:
    Two-team tie to determine host
    1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
    2. If tied, head to head between tied teams.
    3. If still tied, team with highest BCS ranking.

First of all, you only have three levels of tiebreaker. Clearly, no one dreamed this particular 3rd level tiebreaker wouldn't solve the issue. They should have dreamed this. This is really the most fundamental screwup in this whole situation.

If the BCS ranking is not adequate for the purpose CUSA wanted it to serve (as CUSA apparently determined), IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU MAKE $#!+ UP!!!!!!!!!! DOES IT??? Actually, I guess it does.

What @$$#0!& in the CUSA office thought that 3) BCS ranking was an adequate final tiebreaker; yet they are somehow knowledgeable enough about the rankings to split hairs over this no-votes issue? Bush league. or incompetent or dishonest. Think the SEC would screw up a tiebreaker to allow a problem like this?

I mean, seriously. Small-time.

HerdFans.com

Re: Get the damn rule book out!
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 10:57:24 PM »