Author Topic: Last Assistant Hire?  (Read 902 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

Last Assistant Hire?
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:17:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to AD HoopScoop former Kentucky and current Duquesne U. Assistant Scott Rigot will land on DD's staff.

MARSHALL UNIVERSITY

Sources tell College AD former University of Kentucky Assistant basketball coach Scott Rigot, will be completing Dan D'Antoni staff. Rigot will bring extensive collegiate recruiting and coaching experience to D'Antoni's staff.

An old blurb on Rigot from a Bluegrass State writer.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/will-wonders-never-cease-scott-rigot-found-a-job/

HerdFans.com

Last Assistant Hire?
    « on: May 08, 2014, 09:17:26 AM »

Offline Mastodon

Re: Last Assistant Hire?
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to AD HoopScoop former Kentucky and current Duquesne U. Assistant Scott Rigot will land on DD's staff.

He quit his job at Duquesne in 2010.
    The poster formerly known as Blood & Thunder

Offline NorthernHerdFan'09

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Dont know if its the same Scott Rigot but according to Linkedin he has been coaching basketball at a school in China.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://cn.linkedin.com/pub/scott-rigot/50/425/639&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dscott%2Brigot%2Bchina%26biw%3D1310%26bih%3D741

Online svherd

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ?????????????? ::)

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:26:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have heard of a 7-8 center playing in Bejing. ;)  The second coming of the "Great Wall".

TRS
    MU 71

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The big void so far in the staff is that there's not one guy with first-chair college experience... it's easy for me or anyone else to be on the outside of these decisions and pretend one knows "what they oughta do," but even DD seemed to indicate strongly in his presser that he would have someone with a top dog line on his resume'.

That said, the name I'm holding out hope will surface eventually is "the other" Wake/WV connection... Dino Gaudio.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 03:56:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think this would be about it guys.  Perhaps a grad assistant.  I don't see any other big hires.  I think Battle was more interested in the head coaching job.  If Cline had not be retained I think JB may have taken the number one assistant job.  I presume that will go to Cline.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• That said, the name I'm holding out hope will surface eventually is "the other" Wake/WV connection... Dino Gaudio.

I am not as concerned with first chair but sure would prefer Dino over the last guy from China... ???

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TRS, my guess is that Duhon is filling that slot, given the likelihood that salary isn't quite such a big deal to him so soon after the millions made in the NBA. Can't know that, but it seems a reasonable assumption.

TV money is okay, I suppose, but again just from what little we could possibly know, you'd think Gaudio might be ready to jump back into the coaching pool, particularly in his home state.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 05:14:07 PM »