Author Topic: My wife is really smart...  (Read 1165 times)

Offline backontrack

My wife is really smart...
« on: May 08, 2014, 10:45:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When the Browns picked Johnny Manziel, my wife said, "Well, he can kiss his career goodbye"...

HerdFans.com

My wife is really smart...
    « on: May 08, 2014, 10:45:29 PM »

Offline BuyNtelos4

Re: My wife is really smart...
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yea I hate that for him!! Maybe he will finally be the QB to turn them around!! (sarcasm off!!)

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Brady Quinn went #22 | Brandon Weeden went #22 | The Browns will never learn.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:07:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Couldn't happen to a better guy. What a pompous @$$. Makes his debut as an NFL player and what does he do? Walks out with both hands raised doing the money money money sign. Talented yes. A waste also yes.

Online svherd

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:18:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think he'll have a good career. Some kids do well in college and not the pro's and some do well in the pros but flew under the radar in college.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 08:37:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Todd McShay said yesterday that espn was way more impressed with his "talent" level than were the nfl gm's

Offline Sam-I-am

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 08:39:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He gives me that Doug Flutie vibe for some reason.....

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 08:54:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've never rooted against a player so hard in my life. Agree with Apollo there are players there crying and some that are just grateful to be drafted and Manziel is doing money signs walking to the commissioner. What an ass.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My thoughts on Johnny Football....More power to you son, make all the money you can while it's there for you.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Couldn't happen to a better guy. What a pompous @$$. Makes his debut as an NFL player and what does he do? Walks out with both hands raised doing the money money money sign. Talented yes. A waste also yes.

Oh the humanity.  You'd be perfect for a front office job in the No Fun League.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 09:11:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh the humanity.  You'd be perfect for a front office job in the No Fun League.

Thanks for contributing some substance to the conversation.

I don't deny the kid has college level talent. The problem is his middle school level character and attitude. There aren't many who can overcome the attitude with enough talent to gain longevity in the NFL. Randy Moss comes to mind but this kid can't hold a candle to the talent level of Moss. He won't translate well in the NFL. It's Tim Tebow part 2 minus the moral compass. There's a reason so many teams passed on him and the NFL GMs aren't nearly as gaga over him as the ESPN "gurus".

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:56:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I must be in the minority on here. Because I think the guy is a winner and will be a star in the NFL.
    Cleveland just became rellavent again.

Alot of teams will regret not picking Manziel.
    JMO
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:56:18 AM »

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 10:14:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for contributing some substance to the conversation.

I don't deny the kid has college level talent. The problem is his middle school level character and attitude. There aren't many who can overcome the attitude with enough talent to gain longevity in the NFL. Randy Moss comes to mind but this kid can't hold a candle to the talent level of Moss. He won't translate well in the NFL. It's Tim Tebow part 2 minus the moral compass. There's a reason so many teams passed on him and the NFL GMs aren't nearly as gaga over him as the ESPN "gurus".

I simply thought it was ridiculous to call him a waste for doing his signature gesture when he walked on stage.

Online girthyherdon

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 10:17:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I must be in the minority on here. Because I think the guy is a winner and will be a star in the NFL.
    Cleveland just became rellavent again.

Alot of teams will regret not picking Manziel.
    JMO

Agreed DJ. There's a reason everyone across the country knows who Johnny Football is and it's not because of his attitude, it's because the young man can flat play QB.

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's going to be destroyed in the NFL. Just like RG3, take away his legs and he's an average QB. And I like the Skins.
    « Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:48:17 AM by marshallz13 »

Offline Apollo

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 10:44:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I simply thought it was ridiculous to call him a waste for doing his signature gesture when he walked on stage.

If you can't see why its a waste after making that statement then I don't guess theres anything else to say.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 12:26:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not too damn smart.......She married you didn't she?

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 01:14:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you can't see why its a waste after making that statement then I don't guess theres anything else to say.

He completely disobeyed the NCAA, did everything accept come right out and admit he took money, and basically dared the NCAA to do something about it, and the didn't do a thing...  I have a hard time not being happy about a college player sticking it to the NCAA!

I also think he's a great player!  For some reason I think little guys are more durable!  RG3 is a great athlete, but I really think his size make him vulnerable.  Those big long legs are just begging for an injury, whereas Manziel and curl up in a little tiny ball and protect himself, and he isn't such a huge target. 

I'm a big Cincy fan, and I am most definitely not happy about playing against Manziel!

Online 2xBison

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 01:39:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Johnny FB won't last long period.  He isn't good enough to live on his arm in pocket and the scrambling Fran Tarkington stuff will get him hurt...eliminated
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Johnny FB won't last long period.  He isn't good enough to live on his arm in pocket and the scrambling Fran Tarkington stuff will get him hurt...eliminated

Shew, see I think the opposite.  I think he ability to play from the pocket and his accuracy, and most importantly his ability to read and break down defenses proved 10 fold from his freshman to his sophomore year.  I think that is what is going to make him more dangerous than say RG3 or Vick.  More accurate that both of them, smarter (reading defenses and blitzes) than them, and most importantly, unlike them I don't think he will make his living with his legs. 

I can really see him gaining tons of 1st downs on 1st and 2nd down with him arm, but created by the threat of him using his legs; and being the first running qb that really does only run when he absolutely has to, and I can see him liking money enough that he will actually learn to slide and save his body unlike the others have done in the past... It will be exciting to see how it plays out!!

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He completely disobeyed the NCAA, did everything accept come right out and admit he took money, and basically dared the NCAA to do something about it, and the didn't do a thing...  I have a hard time not being happy about a college player sticking it to the NCAA!

I also think he's a great player!  For some reason I think little guys are more durable!  RG3 is a great athlete, but I really think his size make him vulnerable.  Those big long legs are just begging for an injury, whereas Manziel and curl up in a little tiny ball and protect himself, and he isn't such a huge target. 

I'm a big Cincy fan, and I am most definitely not happy about playing against Manziel!

Exactly.  The autograph thing shouldn't concern anybody.  Most everybody now agrees NCAA players should have the right to make money off their own talents.  Other than that, what else is wrong with his character?  Being cocky?  Having a little fun?  Sure, but he's also competitive and seems to be respected and liked by teammates and coaches so I don't see a problem.

For the record, I like the Browns so of course I hope he does well.  I have no idea if he will or won't succeed, but I do know that his success won't be decided by having the tiniest amount of fun at draft day.  Reminds me of Joe Buck calling Moss's fake mooning of Packers fans disgusting and classless.  Lighten up everybody.

Offline rvntx

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It shows his character or lack of. None of his teammates hung out with! Why?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 02:35:35 PM »

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 07:52:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They did an interview where his former teammates said great things about him.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Thunders

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 12:34:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a Browns fan I was excited about this pick more than any we have had so far although I don't like the showy stuff he does and never did even in college. I rooted against him because of that. Now he is our QB of the future. I want him to do well because Cleveland has waited since Bernie Kosar to have a good QB again. That has been a LONG time.

BUT just like what happens to Cleveland and the continuous black cloud that hangs on that city, as soon as something positive happens there is something else that overshadows it......JOSH "Maroon" GORDON.  This kid is one of the best WR in the NFL and knows he is on the verge of losing the right to play football because of drugs and what does this idiot do? He goes out and smokes weed to ruin it for himself and most importantly his teammates. The kid had everything going for him and he chooses to be a freakin Maroon.   What irks me even more is the fact that the Browns knew about Gordon's looming suspension and yet passed on the best WRs in the draft!!!  ALL OF THEM!! With a draft so deep with WR and the fact they knew they were going to have to replace Gordon this year and they don't pick one of those guys?!  Especially with a new QB you just drafted. Offense has been the thorn in their side and yet they completely ignore the offensive scoring portion of their offense. The only reason why were in any games last year was because of Gordon. We have like 1 guy who can catch balls now and Burleson just reinjured his arm he broke last year. The fact that every year the Browns do the things they do is just insane to me.

How do you expect to score points with any QB if you don't have WRs to help you?? I don't get their thought process at all. While others were snatching up all the WR talent around them they go out and get a LB and a RB from Towson.  Makes ZERO sense to me and if we lose this year because we have no one to catch the ball then I hope fans call for immediate firing of the staff.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 12:34:52 PM »