Author Topic: SHR: USA Today's FIU Preview (Ouch!)  (Read 775 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

HerdFans.com

SHR: USA Today's FIU Preview (Ouch!)
« on: May 10, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »

Offline HaveUherd

Re: SHR: USA Today's FIU Preview (Ouch!)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why are we playing down there 2 years in a row?

Offline wesnky

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 04:11:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder how they are able to get 8 Home games, including Louisville???

Suppose its all about recruiting FL players.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Adding WKU and ODU while losing Southern Miss from the East made it impossible for every matchup to be played at the opposite field. 

When the SoCon added Georgia Southern, we played Appy at home in 1992 and 1993.  UCF's addition to the MAC made us play at Kent State in 2001 and 2002, which oddly enough had the same 42-21 result.

Online girthyherdon

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I'd rather be playing at FIU this year than at FAU.

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Living in South Florida, I'll be very pleased to have either FIU or FAU every year.

Already made hotel reservations and looking forward to having twice as many HERD fans as FIU.

HERD has had enough problems with road games, this should be a good one for us. Florida players families have a great chance to see Cato & Schuler put on a show.

Also considering So. Miss. Hattiesburg is a nice venue.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 05:27:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We petitioned the conference to be able to play in Florida 1 game every year. Now with FIU there and FAU here, we are on track to do that.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MUtant1

Can you believe that?
    « Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Defense: A group allergic to close-quarters run defense looks to improve without two vital pieces in tackle Isame Faciane and Greg Hickman. Two ways to look at this: one, a weak interior gets weaker without two fairly disruptive linemen, or two, a weak interior can't get any weaker even without Faciane and Hickman. Whether the front can improve – or merely tread water, which would be disappointing – hinges on the play of two transfers, tackle Imarjaye Albury from West Virginia and end Wonderful Monds II from Buffalo, and how quickly each can assume starting roles. If this works, Albury will plug holes in the middle, with some help from Leonard Washington, Darrian Dyson and Marques Cheeks; while Monds joins Michael Wakefield, Giovani Francois and Denzell Perine in boosting a distressingly paltry pass rush. Cross your fingers.

I couldn't believe what I just read.  Wonderful Monds II, really.  I guess his dad thought that name was so cool and edgy that he had to hand it down.  And his mom, too.  Great Monds think alike I guess.  How can you call him by his name and it not be the snarkiest thing you've ever heard.  He had to have punched his dad in the face multiple times over this one.  That made my day.
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:50:36 PM by MUtant1 »
    Chip, I'm gonna be on you like a spider monkey!

HerdFans.com

Can you believe that?
    « Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »