Author Topic: HERDZONE: Marshall's Hoskins Signs With Dolphins, Bazzie, Taylor get the call  (Read 667 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

HUNTINGTON, W.Va.-Marshall tight end Gator Hoskins will head to the Miami Dolphins on a free agent contract, announced just after the completion of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Hoskins led the nation with 15 touchdown receptions last season and finished his career with 99 catches, 1,318 receiving yards and 28 touchdown catches, a total that ranks third in Herd history, behind wideouts Randy Moss (53) and Darius Watts (47). He was a 2013 All-Conference USA first team by league coaches, and was one of eight semifinalists for the annual John Mackey Award that goes to the nation’s top tight end.

Defensive linemen Alex Bazzie and Jeremiah Taylor got calls from the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens, respectively, as well on Saturday. Bazzie was Marshall’s fourth-leading tackler (66) and was second on the team with 13 tackles for loss in 2013. He saved his best for last when he registered seven tackles, a sack and four tackles for loss in Marshall’s 31-20 win over Maryland in the 2013 Military Bowl. Taylor made his return the field in the bowl game after missing all but three games in the regular season due to a back injury. As a junior, he was a team captain and piled up 54 tackles with 8.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks.

Earlier Saturday, Herd offensive lineman Garrett Scott was selected in the sixth round of the draft by the Seattle Seahawks with the 199th overall selection. The Douglas, Ga., native became the 39th player in Marshall history picked in an NFL Draft. The first was Everette "Boot" Elkins, a back selected in the 17th round in 1939 by the Chicago Cardinals. One round later, guard Frank Huffman went to the same club.

http://www.herdzone.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051014aac.html

HerdFans.com

Offline marshallz13

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hope each guy makes the team, it would give me a reason to watch each team.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My NFL alliances are driven entirely by the Marshall players on the roster.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

same here. Long time Bengals fan so I gave up...long time ago. Now I mailny tune into NFL games to watch former HERD players.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Me, three....I thought I was the only guy that did that...

Offline marshallz13

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Me, three....I thought I was the only guy that did that...

HerdFans.com