Author Topic: Shuler  (Read 1321 times)

Offline jpdusa

Shuler
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was just thinking, I saw something on here about a week ago where someone said Shuler wouldn't go to the NFL next year.  I think he will.  Whether it's draft, free agent, or whatever.  Once he gets in the League, I think he'll be a star.  Watch and see...
    If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
    -Mark Twain

HerdFans.com

Shuler
    « on: May 12, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »

Offline Scottyo614

Re: Shuler
    « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Size and lack of separation will hurt his stock. He will get a free agent look though

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's still got an entire year and has been learning from Coach Furrey (Who's had NFL success) Shuler will be fine.

Offline Penn2moss

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Size and lack of separation will hurt his stock. He will get a free agent look though

What are you talking about?  Purdue double covered the kid and he still caught 17 passes.  He killed a VT secondary filled with 4 and 5 star guys.

The kid can flat out play.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Another Troy Brown............
    S M I L E -

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:15:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another Troy Brown............

Good point.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline dwaynehinkle

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If I'm not mistaken, wasn't a first round draft pick covering Shuler at VT this past season? Seemed to do pretty alright to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love Shuler but think Scotty is right.  Troy brown was much faster
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline luvherd

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Troy also proved to be a physical guy on D. Shulerr will get a look.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Online muherd34

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Small, short, and slow....I would take 10 wr like Shuler on the team.  He probably has been told all of these things all of his life.  Hope he keeps proving everyone wrong.

Online herd2win

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shuler is an intelligent football player....he knows how to get open and will be a chain mover in the NFL.  He may not have the measurable but he has the game.

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe it's his rapport with Cato, but Shuler has handled every defense he's faced and had some huge games against good teams (Purdue, VT). Not to mention teams bracketing him last season.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He may have his cup of coffee in a camp but he won't be in the league
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He may have his cup of coffee in a camp but he won't be in the league

There's always the CFL.  Would be a great fit for this league.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 09:05:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was just thinking, I saw something on here about a week ago where someone said Shuler wouldn't go to the NFL next year.  I think he will.  Whether it's draft, free agent, or whatever.  Once he gets in the League, I think he'll be a star.  Watch and see...

Jdp, that would be me. Mark it down. The guy is too slow, and small for the NFL, period. He gets run down by mediocre linebackers now in the open field, he won't be able to separate in the NFL against guys way bigger and faster than him.

Love shuler, he is a great Collegend receiver, one of our best ever, but it ends here for him. Kid can run a great route and has good hands, but you need speed and height, or at least really good speed if you're short, to go to the next level. Shuler won't be able to separate, or block as a receiver in the NFL.

Offline mckayt

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After everything Cato and Shuler have been through together at this point, wouldn't it be awesome if they played professionally together too?  Both of those guys have great attitudes and I wish them the best of luck at whatever they do after they finish their legendary careers with The Herd.  Doc and Seider picked two great guys to come represent Marshall.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 09:11:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless Shu goes and runs a 4.3 his spot will be a 5-7 round or UDFA. He's 5-7 190. Maybe if they will show his value on special teams that will help stock? Idk but I just got done doing this about gator and I don't really like it because all these guys can play damn good.

Gator could play, Cody Slate could play, Omar Brown could play, Mclellan was a D player of the year. See where I am going with this? Daniel Baldridge was average but being 6'9 got a look. It's a size and speed world unfortunately. Hell the defensive player of the year in the SEC almost missed getting drafted. Gay or not you saw he could play. But a slow 40, poor bench and bad height weight combo killed him.

As for Troy. Troy Brown is 5-10 and was an 8th round pick. I'm not saying he won't make it. I just said what NFL scouts will say about him.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 09:37:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep. Agree mc, and scotty. Shuler would do good to run a 4.7 though, or maybe worse. One of the slower wide receivers I can remember, but that won't h yet t you too bad in college in the slot. You can find holes and gaps in the zone, in the NFL, man will kill him and those gaps will be much smaller.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jdp, that would be me. Mark it down. The guy is too slow, and small for the NFL, period. He gets run down by mediocre linebackers now in the open field, he won't be able to separate in the NFL against guys way bigger and faster than him.

Love shuler, he is a great Collegend receiver, one of our best ever, but it ends here for him. Kid can run a great route and has good hands, but you need speed and height, or at least really good speed if you're short, to go to the next level. Shuler won't be able to separate, or block as a receiver in the NFL.

Seriously?....

There is no doubt Shu will get a shot in the NFL. To small?....To slow?.....ever heard of a guy named Wes Welker? He is 5 "9 (with cleats on) and runs a 4.65 40. Tommy Shuler is faster than Welker and runs a mid 4.4 40. He already has better hands than a lot of current NFL slot players.

There is no doubt that Shuler is going to get his chance in the NFL. He's already proven that he can do it against some of the top CB's in the country ala Va Tech, Purdue, Maryland etc.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope you guys are correct --I love herd in the league. I don't see it.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just to be clear as a slot, your three cone and jumps will matter as much as the 40. Separating from man is as much about agility and burst than the 40

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 01:19:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shuler has a chance at three years of 100 receptions or more. Not sure if anyone in college has ever done that.  that alone should earn him a shot at making a team.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 01:19:16 AM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah Jerry Rice tried more than once to outrun the SF QB and lost but it was nearly impossible to jam him at the line...part of his success.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously?....

There is no doubt Shu will get a shot in the NFL. To small?....To slow?.....ever heard of a guy named Wes Welker? He is 5 "9 (with cleats on) and runs a 4.65 40. Tommy Shuler is faster than Welker and runs a mid 4.4 40. He already has better hands than a lot of current NFL slot players.

There is no doubt that Shuler is going to get his chance in the NFL. He's already proven that he can do it against some of the top CB's in the country ala Va Tech, Purdue, Maryland etc.

College defenses work differently. He will be draped in coverage in the nfl. Ala aaron dobson.

And if you think shuler runs a 4.45, I am speechless. The kid cant run a 4.7. He is slow. He gets run down by middle linebackers from 10 yds behind in college lol.

Im not hating on the kid, but lets be realistic here and come down to earth..... 4.45.... shuler...... ???

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:57 PM »