Author Topic: What is the current relationship between the HPD and the student community?  (Read 769 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When I was in school it was awful at best.  Given the incident with Butler and others is there a problem there?

HerdFans.com

Online The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When I was in school it was awful at best.  Given the incident with Butler and others is there a problem there?

In all fairness, HPD is doing their job. I don't think they single out Herd athletes. The problem lies with out of town domestic terrorist drug dealing th*gs!
    « Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:08:37 PM by The E-Man »

Offline kjh

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have a job to do and overall I think they are for the most part pro-Marshall athletes and students. We have several that sit in our section at the Joan, both active and retired and my take is they support Herd athletes.

Offline herdman22

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This attitude that it is always someone else's fault or you are being picked on because you are an athlete is the attitude that has made some of these kids the way they are, which is thinking they are above the law and can do anything they want.  I don't think the HPD is singling anyone or any group out except the ones who are breaking the law.  But we also need to keep in mind with the total number of athletes on campus, it is still a very small number who get in trouble with the law.  Most keep their nose clean and do what they are here to do.

Offline HerdnClt

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no idea but have found if you follow the law and treat others with dignity and respect, you will stay out of trouble and be successful in life.
    "The Herd #1"

Offline herdfan429

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not the polices fault that the courts didn't delete the warrant from their system.

Offline The Right Stuff

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like everyone hates the cops until you need one then it's a different story.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline pdunn

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like everyone hates the cops until you need one then it's a different story.

TRS
    MU 71

Same thing with lawyers.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline MUPE84

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This attitude that it is always someone else's fault or you are being picked on because you are an athlete is the attitude that has made some of these kids the way they are, which is thinking they are above the law and can do anything they want.  I don't think the HPD is singling anyone or any group out except the ones who are breaking the law.  But we also need to keep in mind with the total number of athletes on campus, it is still a very small number who get in trouble with the law.  Most keep their nose clean and do what they are here to do.

I agree 100%

Offline herdman

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In this case it is not really the cops fault. They run the ID and all they know is a guy has a warrant out for him. They have no choice but to bring him in.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Everything bad that you can say about certain Cops, you can say the same bad things about certain athletes...

Yes, police have authority....But, they are ultimately held accountable in courts (civil and criminal), over their careers....

Plenty of athletes, have issues abusing women/girls, assaulting people, stealing and sometimes we blame the police when those athletes get held accountable....

But, many times they get arrested for one incident and they've gotten away with 10 the months before....

Offline svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In all fairness, HPD is doing their job. I don't think they single out Herd athletes. The problem lies with out of town domestic terrorist drug dealing th*gs!

Bingo! I know several policeman and they are all big MU fans, as are most in the department. Any notion that they are targeting athletes is incorrect.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

Offline fedale

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't there an arrangement about 2 years ago with Marshall players riding with cops for a whole day watching what they did?

HerdFans.com