Author Topic: Duhon  (Read 1470 times)

Offline The Right Stuff

Duhon
« on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man did you guys see the article in the HD this morning about Chris Duhon.  This is exactly the type of young men we need leading our program.  Get your season tickets early because I truly believe Herd Hoops is on the rise again.  Give our staff 2 years and we will be up there challenging for the NC2AA's.  Bring on the Herd!

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

Duhon
    « on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »

Offline LUVTHATHERD

Re: Duhon
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great article!!!  Totally agree.  BRING ON THE HERD!!

Offline elginherd

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope that the players left on the roster realize what an opportunity that has presented itself to them. They will be getting some of the best instruction available anywhere on earth for any price to improve their individual games and their ability to get paid through b-ball whether it's playing for the money or to become high school or college coaches.

I think next season will be sub 0.500 but it will be an exciting & entertaining sub 0.500. This brand of ball WILL attract better players as time goes along.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still stand behind the belief that we will be over .500 next year. A coach makes a huge difference in any sport, but basketball can be changed much quicker. DD believes in fundamentals and effort, he wont put up with the crybabies and will have this team turned around quickly.

Freethrows alone cost us a .500 record last year. I sa we break .500 and might even win 18 games or more this fall.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still stand behind the belief that we will be over .500 next year. A coach makes a huge difference in any sport, but basketball can be changed much quicker. DD believes in fundamentals and effort, he wont put up with the crybabies and will have this team turned around quickly.

Freethrows alone cost us a .500 record last year. I sa we break .500 and might even win 18 games or more this fall.

I completely agree. Basketball is one of the few sports where you can expect to see quick improvements.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I completely agree. Basketball is one of the few sports where you can expect to see quick improvements.

I've always made the argument about winning programs being great free throw shooting teams....and in the past it hasn't always been the case, when you look at how the teams finish in the tournament versus their team free throw avg...

But, this last year is a different story like 4-5 teams of the elite 8 were in the top 30 in the nation for team avg....with UConn being the 4th best team in the country at free throws...

I think it might last year's results may be effected by the recent by liberal foul rules that were just put in place....

Offline elginherd

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do hope for better than 0.500, but I do not expect it at all. No matter how well conditioned a basketball team appears prior to the season, the balls-to-the-wall style on both O & D that Coach D'Antoni wants to instill will require depth, skill development and a level of conditioning that the players cannot really appreciate until they go through actually playing the games.

That said, we should not be upset. Good players will love playing uptempo ball where they are not micromanaged every frigging second. I really expect MU to be a great basketball school again in year 3. Next season will be entertaining no matter what.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree elgin.  4 days left in my career.  It is bittersweet.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline elginherd

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree elgin.  4 days left in my career.  It is bittersweet.

TRS
    MU 71
    TRS, when next August rolls around & all your colleagues are having to sit through one of those rah-rah 'inspirational' speeches from someone, like a principal or superintendent who couldn't teach a 12 old old how to pick his nose, it will be bitterSWEET.    

I got Tuesday & Wednesday of what they call 'post planning' down here in GA & then my 31st year is over. I might be on the 180-day countdown for the end of my career...but I'm going to see how I feel next May. If I have a really great year or a really bad year then I'm out.
    « Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:22:58 PM by elginherd »

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 10:15:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agreed Elgin.  I am tired of the educational gurus.  I have been teaching longer than many of them have been alive. ::)

TRS
    MU 71

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 10:36:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agreed Elgin.  I am tired of the educational gurus.  I have been teaching longer than many of them have been alive. ::)

TRS
    MU 71

Tom, Bobby Pruett said "it's just time"...

I left the rat race in 2000 after 32 years.... It was just time.

Trust me, you will have no regrets. May miss many of the people, but not the BS.

Bring on the HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 10:36:58 PM »

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bobby was right!

TRS
    MU 71

Offline goherd24

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've always made the argument about winning programs being great free throw shooting teams....and in the past it hasn't always been the case, when you look at how the teams finish in the tournament versus their team free throw avg...

But, this last year is a different story like 4-5 teams of the elite 8 were in the top 30 in the nation for team avg....with UConn being the 4th best team in the country at free throws...

I think it might last year's results may be effected by the recent by liberal foul rules that were just put in place....

Uconn hit 90% or better in a few games snd it won those games for them in the tourney. I look forward to seeing us shoot much better from the line and win some of these close games because of it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »