Author Topic: Sorry another Canty thread  (Read 2090 times)

Offline lovetheherd2

Re: Sorry another Canty thread
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • '
    I don't think that is a good idea.  Not to a room of people.  Some things should be kept private, this isn't professional basketball. 

I would normally agree... but if you want to send a message and start off right with the current players, maybe a well thought out first step.

I doubt we'll see or read many of those off color, %^)#@ tweets like Pittman & others.

I suspect future discipline will be more in line with Doc's. Team rules and handle team personnel problems within the team, not the public or press.

DD may not be the Doc, but he is the Head Coach and will do it his way. He'll have two years to show some progress, we shall see.

I remain hopeful and optimistic.

Bring on the HERD!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't see any problem with his answer to the alumni group especially after the way Canty acted toward MU in light of everything MU did for him to get him into the program.

TRS
    MU 71

Based on the situation, I think it was fine for him to bring it into the open.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering the individual involved, and it being right at the beginning of DD's leadership of the team.....I think he handled it exactly right.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have mixed feelings about the statement.

I have no concern for Canty, if I never hear the name again; my life will be no better of worse off.

I also don’t think it will be a negative as far as recruiting kids. They think they’re the next coming of Jordan and have no fear of hearing their coaches wrath.

What does concern me is the effect on parents of prospective recruits. They are less blind to the perils of the real world and have a natural desire to protect their kids. For prospective recruits with strong parent relationships that are torn between Marshall and another school, comments like this could result in us loosing out to other schools due to parenteral guidance.

On balance if this statement is a one time deal rather than the first of a series, I'm fine with it.

Offline NorthernHerdFan'09

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 01:09:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't see any problem with his answer to the alumni group especially after the way Canty acted toward MU in light of everything MU did for him to get him into the program.

TRS
    MU 71

Furthermore, while he was provoked by a parody account he certainly felt it was ok to call MU's team next year "sorry" on twitter. Then continued on to say he and Pittman were all MU had last year and that he was going to beg USF to schedule us.  I have no problem with DD's honest public response about a situation Canty made public, including contacting ESPN to tell them MU was denying his transfer.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD loves our university and I for one have no problem with him telling it like it is.  Canty was a punk and we all know that.  Time to move on...

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think what DD said was fine.  In fact, he is probably helping Canty become a man more than he realizes right now.  He didn't say anything bad about him in front of everyone.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline svherd

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 12:18:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD told the truth, as it should be. This isn't buddy league where everyone gets a trophy. No room for pussies in D1 sports. It's about putting on your big boy pants.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't endorse bad mouthing Herd players.....but, this is the only Herd player I've ever said anything negative about.  For some reason this kid really irks people.  I so hope it's true that Canty was willing to stay but only on his terms, but DD sent him packing anyway.

Offline NCBILL53

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 11:01:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes Dan said this to the eighty or so people that were in attendance.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 11:24:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Time to focus on Marshall players who love the Herd like some of us do and
     Let the others go. Hello Serbia and Wyoming County. Go Herd!
    "The Herd #1"

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now there is two worlds apart, Serbia and Wyoming County. ;D

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now there is two worlds apart, Serbia and Wyoming County. ;D

TRS
    MU 71
    Looks like Dan is going to find players regardless of where they are.
    "The Herd #1"

HerdFans.com

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »