Author Topic: Sorry another Canty thread  (Read 2095 times)

Offline The Right Stuff

Sorry another Canty thread
« on: May 21, 2014, 01:06:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did anyone else here this story that Canty met with Dantoni before he decided to transfer and set down some demands that must be met before he would return?  If this is true then this is really incredible that the kid made the demands to the coach.  If so then good luck to those that USF. :o  I don't if true but this is what I was told today.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

Sorry another Canty thread
    « on: May 21, 2014, 01:06:28 PM »

Offline iherdya

Re: Sorry another Canty thread
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 01:11:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did anyone else here this story that Canty met with Dantoni before he decided to transfer and set down some demands that must be met before he would return?  If this is true then this is really incredible that the kid made the demands to the coach.  If so then good luck to those that USF. :o  I don't if true but this is what I was told today.

TRS
    MU 71

I heard they spoke, but didn't hear anything about Canty demanding anything. I heard that he was essentially told he had no chance to play here and that should find somewhere else to play.

Offline hicks37

• Practice Squad
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What were the demands?

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What were the demands?

He demanded that he be allowed to tweet while on the floor.  ;D

Offline goherd50

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 02:15:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard they spoke, but didn't hear anything about Canty demanding anything. I heard that he was essentially told he had no chance to play here and that should find somewhere else to play.

This makes no sense to me.  He was already heading out the door when he and DD talked, coach wouldn't need to tell him to find somewhere else to play.  Besides that, for all his baggage Canty was one of, if not the, best players on the team.  I would expect that DD would think he could handle Canty differently than he was handled in the past, having dealt with NBA egos.  Now, if he set out demands before he would return, I can see DD tell him needed to find somewhere else to play.

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 02:30:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He demanded that he be allowed to tweet while on the floor.  ;D

LOL! Excellent.  ;D

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline hicks37

• Practice Squad
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 02:42:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He demanded that he be allowed to tweet while on the floor.  ;D

Haha Good stuff!

Offline iherdya

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This makes no sense to me.  He was already heading out the door when he and DD talked, coach wouldn't need to tell him to find somewhere else to play.  Besides that, for all his baggage Canty was one of, if not the, best players on the team.  I would expect that DD would think he could handle Canty differently than he was handled in the past, having dealt with NBA egos.  Now, if he set out demands before he would return, I can see DD tell him needed to find somewhere else to play.

You can take it for what it's worth. Canty didn't meet with DD with the rest the team, but met with DD privately a few days later. DD told him at the beginning of their meeting that he was no longer part of the team, but that DD was more than happy to sit down and talk to Canty.

I'm sure DD could handle Canty, but why bother? The kid obviously didn't want to be here, he's bashed Huntington and Marshall since the day he got into town. He's good, but not that good. DD wants a certain type of guys here, and the first thing on his list of his type of players is he wants guys that want to be here, Canty was never that guy.

Offline goherd50

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 05:26:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Canty was alread 3/4 the way out the door, so if he didn't want him he didn't really have to do anything.

Offline MU42

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My one guy that is pretty accurate with his info said that there was a meeting between the two and that Canty wanted to come back. I don't know about demands, but DD said thanks but no thanks. I love it, if you don't want to play for the Herd or be in Huntington then get the hell out. I want guys that want to be here like Cato, CP, Mark Patton, etc.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • .......his info said that there was a meeting between the two and that Canty wanted to come back. I don't know about demands, but DD said thanks but no thanks. I love it, if you don't want to play for the Herd or be in Huntington then get the hell out.

If this is true....I love it too.  After seeing the pride DD had in playing for the Herd....I wouldn't expect him to cater to a selfish prima donna like Canty. Glad he's gone. DD's players will be more team and less drama.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 07:46:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has to win....that's bottom line.  Who he boots or keeps or brings in...none of it matters without wins
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 07:46:58 PM »

Offline luvherd

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has to win....that's bottom line.  Who he boots or keeps or brings in...none of it matters without wins

True but he also has to establish respect. If he said thanks but no thanks he sent a loud message. Herrion ran a zoo without bars.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline svherd

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 09:51:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True but he also has to establish respect. If he said thanks but no thanks he sent a loud message. Herrion ran a zoo without bars.

Bingo!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline NCBILL53

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At Wilmington NC when DD spoke before the group in attendance he did have a meeting and told him that he didn't want him at Marshall that he had crossed a line and couldn't come back. Canty asked DD advice and DD told him that he was the cause of most of the teams losses last year because he was the best talent on the floor and he just didn't put forth the effort that was needed.  DD wished him well and said he would help him move on with his future but not with the Herd.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At Wilmington NC when DD spoke before the group in attendance he did have a meeting and told him that he didn't want him at Marshall that he had crossed a line and couldn't come back. Canty asked DD advice and DD told him that he was the cause of most of the teams losses last year because he was the best talent on the floor and he just didn't put forth the effort that was needed.  DD wished him well and said he would help him move on with his future but not with the Herd.

Are you saying he told everyone in attendance at that meeting?

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 11:56:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD told him that he was the cause of most of the teams losses last year because he was the best talent on the floor and he just didn't put forth the effort that was needed. 

If Dan said that, he hit the nail on the head.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Grad. Yes he told the entire group precisely what NCBill stated. The question about Canty was asked, and DD responded with that answer.

Offline svherd

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 07:52:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good to see DD being honest and direct. Refreshing.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • D.D is a breath of fresh air!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 08:55:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thats what I figured happened based on DD saying he needs to go somewhere else and thats good a few weeks back. Love his attitude and already showing strong leadership at head coach.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD has been in the trenches.  He has had to deal with many situations over his career.  I trust his judgement.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »

Offline marshallz13

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love his attitude. Don't give that crybaby another shot, he's already thrown MU under the bus.

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Grad. Yes he told the entire group precisely what NCBill stated. The question about Canty was asked, and DD responded with that answer.
    '

I don't think that is a good idea.  Not to a room of people.  Some things should be kept private, this isn't professional basketball. 

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't see any problem with his answer to the alumni group especially after the way Canty acted toward MU in light of everything MU did for him to get him into the program.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:54 AM »