Author Topic: Seat selection  (Read 3443 times)

Offline 2xBison

Seat selection
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No one is talking so I assume so far so good.  I made mine yesterday morning but went back in website to look today.  West side centers are filling in nicely and looks like 109 & 111 are starting to have several selections.

If you haven't gone yet I would make sure I am familiar with seat selection site and have a plan-- where u want to be and 2nd and third choices.

Also looked like only about 30 west lot spots left yesterday

I tried to leave singles on either side to increase chances a friend could choose later and get seat next, the site asks you to select again.  Anyway, very good technology and good luck to all.  Not a bad seat in the house
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

Seat selection
    « on: May 29, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    Re: Seat selection
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I read through the guide but haven't visited the site yet. Can you visit the site and login prior to your selection date and then go back in on your selection date to make your choice?

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I read through the guide but haven't visited the site yet. Can you visit the site and login prior to your selection date and then go back in on your selection date to make your choice?

Yep.  Site is amazing.  Very well done.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline k00laid

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep.  Site is amazing.  Very well done.

Screw that.  It is 2014 and the damn site is done in Flash, which relies on software that continuously makes IT folks cringe and won't even work on and iDevice.  I'd understand it if you couldn't do it otherwise but HTML5 has been out for a while now and would give you the same ability.
    Let's Go Herd!

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Screw that.  It is 2014 and the damn site is done in Flash, which relies on software that continuously makes IT folks cringe and won't even work on and iDevice.  I'd understand it if you couldn't do it otherwise but HTML5 has been out for a while now and would give you the same ability.

Well, I pulled it up on a Lenovo PC, so I had no problem.  I can't speak as to why they did it in flash or otherwise. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 04:26:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I went down to the tix office on the first afternoon (May 27th) and thought I was safe, but the seats I had since the stadium opened were taken! My section really filled up quick.

Offline Daherdboy

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wait til you get your ticket price $$ total.
    They add on an additional $25.00 for "processing"
    and to pay for the program that they are using
    to do this seat selection process.

You can't win folks.
    Retired 10 years early to follow Herd sports.
    Those 10 years have been marvelous.

Offline banker

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, $25.  Man that works out to almost $0.07 a day.

Offline kjh

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I went down to the tix office on the first afternoon (May 27th) and thought I was safe, but the seats I had since the stadium opened were taken! My section really filled up quick.

You've had the same seats all that time and you're still not a BG member? No BG user bar.
    « Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:29:15 PM by kjh »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You've had the same seats all that time and you're still not a BG member? No BG user bar.

Sorry, I don't know about the BG user bar. But you can't have the seats I have without making a sizeable donation to the BG. I've had a BG card for a long time.

Offline kjh

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry, I don't know about the BG user bar. But you can't have the seats I have without making a sizeable donation to the BG. I've had a BG card for a long time.
    Go to the herd fans forum and click on big green user bar and ask Wolf to give you one. You must have had chair back seats. Sorry for your inconvenience. What was your date to choose seats?

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go to the herd fans forum and click on big green user bar and ask Wolf to give you one. You must have had chair back seats. Sorry for your inconvenience. What was your date to choose seats?

Okay, thanks.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, $25.  Man that works out to almost $0.07 a day.

No surprise a banker isn't opposed to fees.

At least MU could throw in a blender.

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Went to the store tonight and asked the butcher for 2 of the grass-fed filets, but I wanted to pay the same price as the hamburger since it call comes from a cow.  Obstinate SOB wouldn't even listen to me.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline banker

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 08:54:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No surprise a banker isn't opposed to fees.

At least MU could throw in a blender.

It actually made tickets cheaper depending on how many you get. It used to be $10 per ticket, now it's $25 no matter how many you get.

And yes, I love fees.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 09:18:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Despite the efforts of IM4DHERD, I spend all of last year pissed off.  I watched every game, cheered for the team but was pissed off over seat selection.  For the first time in years, I couldn't blog.  I typed up several blogs last year, but didn't post them because of the negative tone that was directed at the upcoming seat selection.

My attitude was that Hamrick was going to steal my seats away from me because my parents have Emeritus status (they both pay half the BG donation for their seats); therefore our point level will be lower than those who pay the full BG donation for the seats.  In short, I felt that I was being discriminated against.  When Hamrick and Teddy came over to the HerdFans tailgate last year, I shook Teddy's hand and walked away.  I didn't want to talk to Hamrick because I knew that I would regret what I would say.  

My agitation over the seat selection process boiled over into my posts about Kopp.  During the winter, I was so pissed off that I actually resigned Herdfans.

In the Spring, we sat down with the Big Green and talked it out.  As a result, yesterday I selected my dream seats in the Joan.  I am in a row behind one of my HS buddies.  I ended up moving down 29 rows from where I was last year.  Hamrick didn't take my seat away from me in Row 31, he set up a program that allowed me to recognize where my group stacked up and how much we needed to increase our donations to be competitive.

The lessons learned from this are:  1) LISTEN TO IM4DHERD!!!!; 2) go talk to Hamrick or Teddy before you get yourself fired up over something; 3) W0lf has a great penalty system if you freak out and resign (you have to pay the $12 again); 4) Mike and Teddy are doing a great job; and 5) I still don't like Kopp, but I probably don't need to post about it everyday ;).
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 09:41:49 AM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Online mr_ash_1995

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has anyone needing handicapped seats encountered any issues? 

Based on the site, they appear to be all gone.  If that's the case,  my decision will be real easy.
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:55:22 AM by mr_ash_1995 »
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline banker

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They show them all as taken because you aren't allowed to pick them unless you are handicapped.

Online mr_ash_1995

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They show them all as taken because you aren't allowed to pick them unless you are handicapped.

Thanks for the reply Banker.

Offline ShawHerd

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 11:43:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I always thought the handicap spots (parking) were first come first served. I haven't heard anything about seats.
    "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

Online mr_ash_1995

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 11:53:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I always thought the handicap spots (parking) were first come first served.

My question was referring to the seats not the parking.  According to banker, when I go to make my seat selection, there is a good chance the handicapped seats will open because of my wife requiring  wheelchair seating.  This would indicate MU, based on my previous ticket purchases, has linked the handicapped seat requirement to my account. 

If it wasn't for the wheelchair requirement, the wife and I would be moving to a better area.  Looks like some good seats are left!

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has anyone needing handicapped seats encountered any issues? 

Based on the site, they appear to be all gone.  If that's the case,  my decision will be real easy.

You do not have to use the site.  You can give them a call or go in also.  I suspect that you are right about your account being linked to the handicapped area, but it maybe worth a quick call to confirm. 
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »

Online mr_ash_1995

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 12:33:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You do not have to use the site.  You can give them a call or go in also.  I suspect that you are right about your account being linked to the handicapped area, but it maybe worth a quick call to confirm. 

That's probably what will happen.  With handicapped seating at many events, I have to make a call (even with professional sports venues). Wish the wife didn't need the handicapped section, we would definitely move to better seats.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't have a bit of trouble.  They were very accommodating.  Once the process started it took about five minutes.  I just wanted to keep the two seats that I already have had these past ten or so years.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 11:59:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No one is talking so I assume so far so good.  I made mine yesterday morning but went back in website to look today.  West side centers are filling in nicely and looks like 109 & 111 are starting to have several selections.

If you haven't gone yet I would make sure I am familiar with seat selection site and have a plan-- where u want to be and 2nd and third choices.

Also looked like only about 30 west lot spots left yesterday

I tried to leave singles on either side to increase chances a friend could choose later and get seat next, the site asks you to select again.  Anyway, very good technology and good luck to all.  Not a bad seat in the house

Only 30 spots left on the West lot?.....Something isn't right. There is close to 700 spots available on the west spot. I'm like number 295 on the list and picking on Tuesday. If there are nearly 700 spots available then why were there only 30 spots left on Wednesday the 28th? The math doesn't make sense.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 11:59:26 PM »