Author Topic: Seat selection  (Read 3438 times)

Offline firstate

Re: Seat selection
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 07:02:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There wasn't many left on late Tuesday afternoon, either.
    I thought there were some sort of shananigans going on as well.

And the rollout wasn't all roses.

Many people had trouble.

Many people had to call and/or show up in person.

Many people were frustrated.

Not so much with tickets...but with parking spots.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:04:50 AM by firstate »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 07:02:11 AM »

Online marshallmark

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There wasn't many left on late Tuesday afternoon, either.
    I thought there were some sort of shananigans going on as well.

And the rollout wasn't all roses.

Many people had trouble.

Many people had to call and/or show up in person.

Many people were frustrated.

Not so much with tickets...but with parking spots.

Depending on the level of giving, a lot of people could have reserved West Lot spaces well before the seat selection process started. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline firstate

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 01:01:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ....... I hope that's the case.

Perhaps many gave to the vision campaign....making their spots untouchable (in theory)

Online luvherd

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 02:20:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My old seats are now still mine :). West Lots are booked.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Only 30 spots left on the West lot?.....Something isn't right. There is close to 700 spots available on the west spot. I'm like number 295 on the list and picking on Tuesday. If there are nearly 700 spots available then why were there only 30 spots left on Wednesday the 28th? The math doesn't make sense.

My group is # 345 I am pretty sure, and we picked ours last week.  Our yiu sure you have your dates right?

Also, the reason it doesn't add up, is because you have big businesses that buy multiple parking spots.  I know specifically of a couple different donors who are only taking up 1 number on that list, but have between 15-20 parking spots...

Offline whf

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm rEplying only too see if I have a big green tool bar by my name...woopy...I do

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 10:59:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that the website was well-put-together and easy to use, and the process generally was organized pretty well. 

Still, there are a few things that could've been executed better. 

I was on the road during my selection time and got online to select my seats but didn't have access to a printer at the time.  So I just had to hope it went through with nothing tangible to confirm or prove my selection.  I was able to get the same seats my family has had for 15 years, but never got the confirmation email it said that I was supposed to get. 

If I log on to the website now, it says my selection is complete and lists the correct seats, but there isn't an option to go back and print the invoice again. 

When I paid for the tickets, the receipt listed the number of tickets but said nothing about the specific seats.  I called the ticket office just to confirm that everything was okay, and they said they didn't know what seats I had, that they couldn't access the website. 

Little stuff like that was kinda weird.  I hope it works out. 

Offline kjh

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Okay, thanks.
    Well Bop Saturday I went to the site and found out my seats were taken also. I've sat in these seats for over 20 years, but I only had priority points for the last 7/8 years cause my friend took care of the tickets and we split donation, seat license, and cost of tickets 50/50. Unfortunately, he passed away 8 years ago and with his passing went our priority points. Hind sight is always 20/20, but who could have predicted his passing or the effects on tickets. This is how I found out about Travis leaving cause I asked for him first and was passed to J. Sutherland. I have until Friday, when I choose seats. I feel cheated, though no fault of the system, and I'm seriously considering stopping my BG donation and not buying tickets.
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:38:03 PM by kjh »

Online banker

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There aren't 700 spots on the west lot, there are about 450.  Many of those spaces in the first two rows are eaten by by suite holders.  They get a set amount of spots for each suite, and since they are paying $50,000 a year for a box I think that's fair. You then have a number of spots that are used by the athletic department and IMG.

Most of the remaining spots were reserved by the previous owners of those spots. If you give at least $1,500 a year you could reserve your spot. If you give at $5,000 you could get two spots. There were less than 100 west lot spots available before the first pick was made last week.

Here's the thing, a quote from Hamrick to me, "I don't care if some people get mad.  This reseating plan was the reason we were able to raise $22,000,000", and I agree wholeheartedly with him.  I know one person who asked Hamrick how much it would cost him to keep his 5 spots. Hamrick told him $25,000 and the guy wrote the check.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »