Author Topic: Boise St president speaking out on pending NCAA reforms  (Read 430 times)

Offline _sturt_

Boise St president speaking out on pending NCAA reforms
« on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/05/21/3195511/boise-state-president-bob-kustra.html

I can't figure out how I feel about any of this at the moment. While I'm hesitant to endorse anything that systemically creates a wider gulf between the haves and have nots, I'm also inclined to wonder if it's actually that important... after all, we're still likely to get our three star athletes while Bama gets its five star guys... and the talent base from which we're all drawing isn't going to change in any way as a result of this... so, while a Bama signee might be getting some additional benefits, it doesn't change the fact that the guy we signed isn't that much less of a talent, and that once NFL draft time comes around, our guy may have developed to be even more highly prized that his Bama peer.

It all is, at least, a very interesting drama for those of us who get into politics and how decisions evolve, good or bad.

HerdFans.com

Boise St president speaking out on pending NCAA reforms
    « on: May 31, 2014, 02:05:22 PM »

Offline MUther

Re: Boise St president speaking out on pending NCAA reforms
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From the perspective of creating wealthy, sports-minded alumni it really doesn't matter.  From the perspective of it being inherently wrong to artificially force us out and put a ceiling on what we can accomplish?  That's a whole 'nother ballgame.

HerdFans.com

Re: Boise St president speaking out on pending NCAA reforms
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »