Author Topic: Lost CSS  (Read 792 times)

Offline MUPE84

Lost CSS
« on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was scanning through the channels on my tv and noticed that CSS was no longer available. (blank screen).  I have Comcast cable.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I need CSS for some of our games this fall.

HerdFans.com

Lost CSS
    « on: May 31, 2014, 08:21:03 PM »

Offline herdfan429

Re: Lost CSS
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:34:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was scanning through the channels on my tv and noticed that CSS was no longer available. (blank screen).  I have Comcast cable.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I need CSS for some of our games this fall.

CSS no longer exists.

Offline MU42

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank God!!! Now maybe if a game isn't picked up on Fox or CBS a local station can get the rights. CSS was a joke for the most part. A few of there people actually did a good job, but too often there play by play guys weren't prepared, the picture quality was poor, and there were to many technical difficulties.

Offline gcherd

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:10:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am also glad; it always disturbed me that they would not partner with DirecTV or Dish. That was probably one reason they ultimately failed.

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks.  I didn't realize they were going off the air.

Offline GreenSteve

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 04:12:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am also glad; it always disturbed me that they would not partner with DirecTV or Dish. That was probably one reason they ultimately failed.

CSS was Comcast Sports South. It was a cable entity carried on Comcast systems contiguous to Georgia. That's why it was never on the dish. With the formation of the SEC network, (and all of the content moving there) and Possibly the ACC network, Comcast decided to cease operations because they felt they no longer had enough viable programming to make a profit. 
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Offline MUHERD1

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank God!!! Now maybe if a game isn't picked up on Fox or CBS a local station can get the rights. CSS was a joke for the most part. A few of there people actually did a good job, but too often there play by play guys weren't prepared, the picture quality was poor, and there were to many technical difficulties.

I wouldn't say poor picture quality. I thought it was some of the best actually, unless you just didn't have the hd channel.

Offline gcherd

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline MU42

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 12:22:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I wouldn't say poor picture quality. I thought it was some of the best actually, unless you just didn't have the hd channel.

We had games on CSS for 9 years I do believe and if I recall they didn't start doing games in HD until 2012. I may be wrong on the year, but that is what I meant by that.

Offline MUHERD1

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We had games on CSS for 9 years I do believe and if I recall they didn't start doing games in HD until 2012. I may be wrong on the year, but that is what I meant by that.

2010 for me in FL.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 02:43:09 AM »