Author Topic: What Could Have Been  (Read 470 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

What Could Have Been
« on: June 03, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Reading about Maurice Hall surviving a gun shot wound and now being able to live his dream, brought to my mind David Gibson, a highly recruited athlete who would have been a member of Mark Snyder's first class.  Tragically, Gibson died in a car wreck in Georgia on his way to Huntington.  His nickname in high school was pro because of his talent and the way he carried himself.  I wonder what could have been for him if he'd made it here and got the chance to showcase his talents.  

For all of us who are parents of children in good health and who are striving to make it in society, we should count our blessings.  I don't know why this young man has stayed in the back of my mind, but I hope that he's excelling on that nice green field in the sky.

http://hslouisiana.scout.com/2/486814.html
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:40:00 PM by B-Beavers70 »

HerdFans.com

What Could Have Been
    « on: June 03, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »

Offline mckayt

Re: What Could Have Been
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nice post.  Life can change in a split second.

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 12:33:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds eerily like Chris Parker who survived a similar crash.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was thinking about Gibson too as I read about Hall. But I did not remember his name I will admit. I knew he was from Tallahassee.

All I could think of is those Atlanta drivers. Outside of living N of the City for awhile I have mostly just passed through a few times and I have seen the aftermath of 2 major accidents and 1 minor, including a lady dead in her SUV on Hwy 400  ( The struts of the older designs weren't strong enough IMO to protect the driver in a high speed mult-roll - the designs have changed for less slope now ).

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »