Author Topic: New uniforms  (Read 5608 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

Re: New uniforms
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm old school and while I like some of the uniform updates of CF teams, most have been awful.  Call me crazy, but I thought the Herd's most recent uniforms were so cool, particularly the green jersey with white pants, white jersey with green pants and all white for big games, including home if I had my druthers.

Two words that have previously been used sum of my take the new ones as well, "horrid" and "hideous.  The numbers on the front and back of the jersey should have remained white.  I knew that if a change was made that it would be screwed up.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2014, 06:54:30 PM »

Offline ought-three

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 06:59:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A black helmet would make it look OK.

Online herd2win

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 07:04:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can't have these uniforms without some type of update to the helmet.  Our helmet is classic and these uniforms are modern.  I think adding a stripe to the pants was a good idea but without a new helmet design this does not work.

I was for some updates to the uniforms but this is not the answer.  They are not horrid but not good.

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The more beers I have, the better these look! Seriously, put them on, kick ass. All that matters!

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't see anything wrong with the old ones. These - best make no comment.

I agree.
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:54:21 PM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline Greg H

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This sucks so much, especially with the white helmet, that they'll have no choice but to focus on football.  Dear GAWD.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My 14 year old said "those aren't too bad." 

She also noted that the players don't look too happy in them.

On a lighter note, with those unis, I bet the players will be glad that their names aren't on them.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline dwaynehinkle

Re:
    « Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 08:02:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm willing to lay money that 90% of the players are stoked on them. You forget that they may have heard of Marshall for the first time at the most four years ago, and unlike most of you, don't have some weird aversion to change.

Offline dwaynehinkle

Re:
    « Reply #58 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Between uniform critiques and being convinced that Butler not getting 50 carries a game will cause us to be terrible, I swear I can't decide if I'm on a fashion design message board or hanging out with the 40 next Nick Sabans. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and quit getting your panties in wads over trivial things.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One word NASTY in a bad way nasty. >:(

TRS
    MU 71

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2014, 08:11:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not a fan of these
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline HerdinKY

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This 1 is about the players.  They could wear pink & red if the go undefeated for all I care.  If they love'em & they're stoked by them then rock on.
    When "Thunderstruck" starts its too late!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has platypus been used yet?

I want to wait to see in person.

Some of the pictures do not look tooooo bad, but on some players, they just do not work.

Offline JEP3rd

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Scotty is apparently correct. Gradient numbering is NOT allowed on FBS team uniforms as of 2014.

Arizona did this and had been allowed a one-year exemption in 2013 before the new rule about solid, one-color-only numbering went into effect. As of 2014, no teams can use gradient numbering.

I wonder if the athletics department knows this. They will have to change the jersey shirts for this year before the season starts.

JEP3rd
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:46:45 PM by JEP3rd »

Online MarshallHerdFan99

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2014, 08:46:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Scotty is apparently correct. Gradient numbering is NOT allowed on FBS team uniforms as of 2014.

Arizona did this and had been allowed a one-year exemption in 2013 before the new rule about solid numbering went into effect. As of 2014, no teams can use gradient numbering.

I wonder if the athletics department knows this. They will have to change the jersey shirts for this year before the season starts.

JEP3rd

Lets say the white on the number was green, then it would not be allowed. The color of the jersey can't be in the number. Arizona has a white uniform that has blue/red numbers that they are still allowed to use. Do you all really think the athletic department wouldn't ask the NCAA before paying Nike.

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They aren't illegal.  I know we have worn pea pods the past couple years haven't we??  There was something out into the rule granting us in or something liketyat, I thought.

That's right.  Doc brought back the pea pods already the past couple years, and we have worn them for at least a game or two with him, including our most recent game, the Military Bowl. 

Somebody proposed a rule a couple years ago that would've outlawed a team wearing a solid color that's the same color as the field (because of Boise).  Since mostly everybody else has regular green fields, it would've been unfair to those teams who just happen to have green as their school color (like us).  The rule never actually came about, from what I understand it got shot down early on in the process. 

Offline JEP3rd

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2014, 08:58:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Arizona was allowed to use the two-color numbers in 2013 only due to the one-year exemption rule.

According to Yahoo news, they can't do it in 2014. Neither can any other FBS team. Arizona has already unveiled a change for 2014 to two different solid, one-color numbers, apparently because of this new rule.

If this is correct, and it appears to be so, maybe the athletics department didn't know about the application of the rule applying for 2014.

JEP3rd
    « Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:27:44 PM by JEP3rd »

Online MarshallHerdFan99

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Arizona was allowed to use the two-color numbers in 2013 due to the exemption rule only.

According to Yahoo news, they can't do it in 2014. Neither can any other FBS team. Arizona has already unveiled a change for 2014 to two different solid, one-color numbers, apparently because of this new rule.

If this is correct, and it appears to be so, maybe the athletics department didn't know about the application of the rule applying for 2014.

JEP3rd

The rule is green cannon be a part of our number. Arizonas red home jersey had red in the gradient. They cannot wear those, but they have a white jersey that has a blue/red gradient that they can wear. If the white on our jerseys were green, they we would not be allowed to wear them.

Offline coloradoherd

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the rule:  "Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number."

Note:  one solid color.  

Sounds like they'll have to change it.  

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/2013/8/6/4589426/2013-ncaa-football-season-rule-changes-uva

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How hard is it to make a black jersey with Kelly green numbers trimmed in white. Rich worner and the equipment staff should be ASHAMED!!!!

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2014, 09:16:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys don't really think the athletic department spent tons of money on new unis, only to be illegal? I'm pretty sure somebody checked first, they aren't stupid.

Offline tradebait

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like them.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:59 PM »

Online MarshallHerdFan99

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys don't really think the athletic department spent tons of money on new unis, only to be illegal? I'm pretty sure somebody checked first, they aren't stupid.

THANK YOU!! I've talked to HerdEq on twitter. They are LEGAL!!!!

Offline Herdthedrums1

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #73 on: August 10, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like them, I've seen nothing but positive response on twitter.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm pretty sure somebody checked first, they aren't stupid.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:04:53 PM by The E-Man »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »