Author Topic: New uniforms  (Read 5605 times)

Offline The E-Man

Re: New uniforms
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like them, I've seen nothing but positive response on twitter.

That's because most replies on Twitter are from the equipment dept. I've seen nothing but an overwhelming negative response on Herd Fans and Herd Nation.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2014, 09:29:25 PM »

Offline ought-three

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • THANK YOU!! I've talked to HerdEq on twitter. They are LEGAL!!!!

Why did Arizona change, then? The rule says one solid color, right? Is it because both colors are distinct from the jersey? I don't understand.

Online MarshallHerdFan99

« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2014, 09:36:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why did Arizona change, then? The rule says one solid color, right? Is it because both colors are distinct from the jersey? I don't understand.

Their home jersey is red. It had red included in that gradient in the number. They are allowed to keep there away jersey though.

Offline fedale

« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had been wishing for an alternate or update to uniform and this is just bad.

We won't be able to buy this jersey, they don't have new road jerseys.... This just makes zero sense.

The fading of numbers on jerseys is a trend that already came and passed.

Also MTSU just got THREE NEW SETS of uniforms.

This screams Bush league...

Offline ought-three

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their home jersey is red. It had red included in that gradient in the number. They are allowed to keep there away jersey though.

OK, that makes sense

thx

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why did Arizona change, then? The rule says one solid color, right? Is it because both colors are distinct from the jersey? I don't understand.

Here's an article on Arizona,

http://arizonasports.com/45/1698014/Arizona-Wildcats-football-uniforms-get-small-tweak

You can credit the NCAA for the latest change to the University of Arizona's football uniforms.
     Starting in 2014, the team will no longer be allowed to have numbers with a gradient color scheme. The rule was put in place by the NCAA in 2013, but the Wildcats had already redesigned their look and were granted a one-year exemption.

That year is up, which means the time has come for the numbers to go pick just one color. And in Arizona's live signing day webcast, a sneak peek at the blue jersey -- complete with solid red numbers -- could be seen in the background.

Then, the school tweeted this:

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can somebody post a picture of the new uniform, then a picture of the old home classic uniform so we can really appreciate how atrocious these new uniforms really are?

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2014, 09:59:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After seeing the atrocious jersey, I'm not sure they aren't stupid!

I dont post a lot but I have to now. If you dont like the jerseys that's one thing, but to insult rich and staff is a completely different thing. They work love marshall more than most fans. They are dedicated and will do anything for the university, so please dont insult them.
    Herd Fan because every victory is a little bit sweeter

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2014, 10:03:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont post a lot but I have to now. If you dont like the jerseys that's one thing, but to insult rich and staff is a completely different thing. They work love marshall more than most fans. They are dedicated and will do anything for the university, so please dont insult them.

My bad! and you're right, it's unfair to the equipment people to pass judgement, I apologize! What I want to know is who made the final call on the uniforms?

Offline k00laid

« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How is it I know this is on the main board?

Come on guys, in terms of the legality of it the question has been point blank asked to the equipment guys on twitter and they point blank answered that they fully believe,because of research, that they are legal. So in short we have a team of people WHOSE JOB IT IS TO KNOW THESE THINGS being told they are wrong by the message board hordes. Like them or not I would take their word on this and go ahead and get over your damed selves because they are going to be around this entire year no matter how much bellyaching you do on here.
    Let's Go Herd!

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/MEMO_Uniform_Rules_05222014.pdf

Color
    The numerals must be of a color that clearly and distinctly contrasts with the color of
    the jersey. This requirement for a contrasting color applies to the numeral itself,
    irrespective of any border around it. If there is any question as to whether the
    colors of the numerals contrast with the color of the jersey, they are deemed
    NOT to contrast. To assist with designing a uniform, a white jersey should have a
    dark colored number; a colored jersey should have a white or light colored number.

As you can see above, our numbers distinctly contrast and that seems to be all that matters.

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #86 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• They're OK, I guess....I think the white helmets will look mismatched...If they would do a flat black helmet it would go along way with making the Uni....

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2014, 10:24:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They don't even have to do flat black, but black in general is the only way to pull this off. I'd even pull for a carbon fiber alt helmet to match Numbers

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont post a lot but I have to now. If you dont like the jerseys that's one thing, but to insult rich and staff is a completely different thing. They work love marshall more than most fans. They are dedicated and will do anything for the university, so please dont insult them.

If they had a hand in designing these uniforms then they absolutely deserve the criticism, their love for Marshall is besides the point being discussed.

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wave of the future. Akin to the HS FB uni's in Starship Troopers (1999).

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2014, 10:38:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awful. Where is the Kelly Green? Are we back to Michigan State green?

I seen them in person...unfortunately they are not the classic Kelly Green we are used to seeing our players wear. I was very disappointed seeing them in person. Oddly, the numbers have silver in it instead of white. The only white on the uniform is the lettering on the front that says "The Herd" and the Nike swoosh emblem.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2014, 11:17:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Old...

The New....

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:33:31 PM by MarshallSteve »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2014, 11:29:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Lets say the white on the number was green, then it would not be allowed. The color of the jersey can't be in the number. Arizona has a white uniform that has blue/red numbers that they are still allowed to use. Do you all really think the athletic department wouldn't ask the NCAA before paying Nike.

Well... you would think they would have asked a fewbpeople what they thought about the uniforms before paying nike too.... didn't happen.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2014, 11:39:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Old...

The New....

Wow! I absolutely love the old uniforms. And speaking of problems.... tell me how many player's numbers you can even read in the team pic? I camt read any of them.

Im with you E.... someone should be held accountable for their decision making on the intro video and the uniforms. Whoever made the call made a bad decision, and id say we do get to rightfully bitch a little because a lot of posters kn this board, pay for those kind of things with donations. I hate to see them get wasted on bad uniforms when we could have had some really bad ass ones if only someone had a little bit of a feedback and quality control system to run this stuff by. Hell, get a tocus group of 20 fans to come give an opinion.

In this case, 19 of 20 would have said hell no to theae unis and you avert a fanbase meltdown.

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2014, 01:18:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The numbers look like Walmart jerseys

Offline goherd24

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For what its worth, almost every one else from other schools also hate these new uniforms.
    http://csnbbs.com/thread-697980.html

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2014, 02:06:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's so depressing to see that post comparing the old and new uniforms.   :'(

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2014, 02:06:53 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2014, 02:37:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's just the numbers.  The uni's are ok but those numbers are cheap, low rent looking.  White with black border or even a silver would have looked much better in my opinion.

Offline fedale

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The more that I think about it, the more they remind me of FUBU jerseys.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Horrible. A missed opportunity. Someone should start a fundraiser to start all over again.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »