Author Topic: New uniforms  (Read 5617 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: New uniforms
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:38 AM »

Online MUsince96

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2014, 07:18:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was "meh.." at first but they grew on me quick. I'm on board. I do think green and black helmets are needed so we can do a few uniform combos.

I guess it's been a few weeks since the masses threw their arms up to complain about something so I suppose we were due.

Offline fedale

« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2014, 07:26:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was "meh.." at first but they grew on me quick. I'm on board. I do think green and black helmets are needed so we can do a few uniform combos.

I guess it's been a few weeks since the masses threw their arms up to complain about something so I suppose we were due.

When 90% of people who are unbiased are saying they are bad, they are bad.

People aren't complaining to just complain... if the equipment staff can't take criticism they need to work in a different field.

Online MUsince96

« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2014, 07:29:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our fans complain about everything, so yeah, most of the time people do complain just to complain. It'd be different if this were an isolated incident, but I've never seen a group complain more than we do.

Offline MarshallSteve

Re: Re: Re: New uniforms
    « Reply #104 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For what its worth, almost every one else from other schools also hate these new uniforms.
    http://csnbbs.com/thread-697980.html
    Wow.....not good. Especially during a year that we are expected to get national attention. We go from having one of the more recognizable and unique uniforms nationwide and then turn around and trade them out for those. Bummer if you ask me. I personally thought we had just the right amount of black in last years version. This is overkill now.

Offline fedale

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2014, 07:50:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our fans complain about everything, so yeah, most of the time people do complain just to complain. It'd be different if this were an isolated incident, but I've never seen a group complain more than we do.

Considering I imagine you don't frequent all 120+ college team message boards... you don't have a very big sample size, do you?

Offline forphase1

Re:
    « Reply #106 on: August 11, 2014, 07:50:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Definitely not growing on me.   I hate them more this morning than I did yesterday.   

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Let's Go Herd! 

Final Rankings: 1999 - #10 (AP & ESPN), #12 (BCS); 2001 - #21 (ESPN); 2002 - #24 (AP), #19 (ESPN), 2014 - #22 (coaches), #23 (AP)

Championships: 1925 WVIAC, 1928 WVIAC, 1931 WVIAC, 1937 Buckeye Conference, 1988 Southern Conference, 1992 I-AA, 1994 Southern Conference, 1996 Southern Conference, 1996 I-AA (15-0), 1997 MAC, 1998 MAC, 1998 Motor City, 1999 MAC (13-0), 1999 Motor City, 2000 MAC, 2000 Motor City, 2001 GMAC, 2002 MAC, 2002 GMAC, 2009 Pizza Bowl, 2011 Beef O Brady Bowl, 2013 Military Bowl, 2014 Boca Raton Bowl, 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl, 2017 New Mexico Bowl, 2018 Gasparilla Bowl.

Online MUsince96

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering I imagine you don't frequent all 120+ college team message boards... you don't have a very big sample size, do you?

I don't. Maybe I should say I can't imagine another fanbase who complains more than we do.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • About the only thing that each individual can do is let Hamrick and the powers that be know his/her opinion...and, if enough people complain, the unis, like the "new Marco" and hunter green, will eventually go away...as for me, my first impression is unquestionably negative, but I'll reserve judgment until I see them personally in deference to those of you who said that the looked better in person than on a screen or page...

Online MUsince96

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2014, 08:23:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll post what Doug Chapman retweeted from a fan.  "Wins recruit donors, unis help recruit players who, in turn, win, which recruits donors. Ergo, donors like new unis. #HerdLogic"

He also went on to ask if the ones that don't like the unis have any eligibility left? Major donors? The AD? Then oh well...

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #110 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The unis are fine.  The numbers will be a real problem at game speed.  They will be difficult to read because of the visual values slide and blend. I expect there is a very good chance the uniforms will stay but the numbers will be all one color with trim by season's end.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2014, 09:19:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll post what Doug Chapman retweeted from a fan.  "Wins recruit donors, unis help recruit players who, in turn, win, which recruits donors. Ergo, donors like new unis. #HerdLogic"

He also went on to ask if the ones that don't like the unis have any eligibility left? Major donors? The AD? Then oh well...

Unis do recruit players look at Bama, Ohio St, Penn St, Clemson, Ga Tech, Florida..etc.  that don't change their jerseys. Players want to wear unis that have "value" and history attached.  We Are differant or should be, from Oregon and other schools that have crazy "ugly" unis.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:23:15 AM by The E-Man »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2014, 09:19:07 AM »

Online MUsince96

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unis do recruit players look at Bama, Ohio St, Penn St, Clemson, Ga Tech, Florida..etc.  that don't change their jerseys. Players want to wear unis that have "value" and history attached.  We Are differant or should be, from Oregon and other schools that have crazy "ugly" unis.

Might want to take Georgia Tech off that list.

Offline fedale

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll post what Doug Chapman retweeted from a fan.  "Wins recruit donors, unis help recruit players who, in turn, win, which recruits donors. Ergo, donors like new unis. #HerdLogic"

When you rely on students/fans paying tuition, buying tickets, merchandise, and donations... that provides their salary... they should listen to opinions.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Might want to take Georgia Tech off that list.

Ga. Tech wore honey comb jerseys

Florida wore orange shoulder jerseys (if i remember right)

Ohio State wore pro combat jerseys

Offline fedale

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most of those teams wear them for one game and then go back to the old ones.

We are wearing these all year... except for on the road lol

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most of those teams wear them for one game and then go back to the old ones.

We are wearing these all year... except for on the road lol

I doubt we have the money to afford one off jerseys or at least we don't want to prioritize money for that purpose. For those programs buying new jerseys is like finding change in the couch when cleaning up. Florida wore the orange shoulder jerseys for all home games that year. GA Tech wore the honeycombs all seasons I believe.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into liking them, however I don't think it is the travesty that some on here are making it out to be.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:47:10 AM by HoPPy785 »

Offline fedale

« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2014, 11:47:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we don't have the money to foot an alternate, or even a new set of aways... we don't need to be spending money on new uni's at all.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They suck.  I'm a "sunshine pumper" (though nobody's called me that since the UM game).  I also kind of wanted an alternative uniform, of just about any sort.  But this sucks.  And is this a permanent, full time change?  EHH.

Offline MarshallManiac

« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Let's be fair. They give us plenty to complain about with some really silly decisions. Marco. Intro Vids stolen from other schools. Now this.

It's like once they get one mistake fixed they go out and do something else that is just silly.

I would be ok with the unis if the numbers were a solid color...I think. The way they are...the "Walmart" and "FUBU" description fits perfectly.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we don't have the money to foot an alternate, or even a new set of aways... we don't need to be spending money on new uni's at all.

I won't argue that. Either go all out or just don't do it at all. I would have preferred matching away jerseys.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We didn't spend any money on these uniforms.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:21 PM »

Offline fedale

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We didn't spend any money on these uniforms.

LOL it shows...

Also, how funny is that... "Hey we'll buy you ONE set of jerseys... gotta keep your others"

Ugh this is just getting more and more laughable... Im a huge Herd fan and try to put a positive twist on this town and school, but this is just sad... especially THE YEAR we are supposed to have cameras all over us.
    « Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:59:26 PM by fedale »

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  ;D ;D This thread will turn into civil war ;D ;D

Online MUsince96

« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I won't argue that. Either go all out or just don't do it at all. I would have preferred matching away jerseys.

Away jerseys, black helmets, and green helmets should have been added. It would've given us a few different combos to work with. I'm not sold on the white helmet with these uniforms.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »