Author Topic: Vols coming to Huntington????  (Read 626 times)

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
Vols coming to Huntington????
« on: March 13, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Okay, made you look.

When next years basketball schedules are made (if not then the year after) look for the Lady Vols to make a trip to the Cam.

Alexis Hornbuckle, from South Charleston, starts for the Lady Vols. Pat Summit, as a recruiting tool, schedules games close to the home town of her recruits. With the success of the Lady Herd look for the Lady Vols to come to Huntington. Maybe two or three times over the next few years.

You heard it here first.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

HerdFans.com

« on: March 13, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 05:04:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It has been rumored before that a series between Marshall and UT might happen. Although heard the games were to be played in Charleston not Huntington. Rumor also had it that Tennesse approached WVU first and was told that WVU would be more than happy to have them in Morgantown, but would not play them in Charleston. After that, Marshall was approached and a series was agreed to be worked on.

If this is true, it is a good deal for Marshall!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 05:11:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really hoped that the Lady Herd would make the NCAA's. Knoxville is hosting the first round and Chattanooga the second.

I couple of years ago I when the Lady Herd Tennis played in the NCAA regional here I shot the game for the girls. The pix you saw in the HD from that match were shot by me. I was hoping to do the same for the Lady Herd bballers... Maybe next year.

Anyway Pat has taken the Lady Vols to some pretty obscure places. Dollars to doughnuts they play the Lady Herd in WV.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This would be huge for Chadwick and the "Lady Herd" if he could pull a series off with Pat Summit and the "Lady Vols" almost as huge for the lady herd program as it would be getting the Vols to come to Huntington right now.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »