Author Topic: Hand shake fight????  (Read 7012 times)

Offline muherd

Hand shake fight????
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What happened at the end of the game any ideas????

HerdFans.com

Hand shake fight????
    « on: September 26, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    Re: Hand shake fight????
    « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That one white coach for Kent with the headset was screaming at one of our guys....Kent's players were holding him back...I have no idea why....

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:26:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That one white coach for Kent with the headset was screaming at one of our guys....Kent's players were holding him back...I have no idea why....

Very disappointed they would be such bad losers.)
    "The Herd #1"

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 11:22:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It looked like the Kent coach was screaming and talking sh*t to Doc. I've watched the replay of that last scene several times.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 11:26:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It looked like the Kent coach was screaming and talking sh*t to Doc. I've watched the replay of that last scene several times.

What, did Kent hire Jon Wauford?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 11:43:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It looked like the Kent coach was screaming and talking sh*t to Doc. I've watched the replay of that last scene several times.

Happy he wasn't inside the press box.  What was it the guy Marsha Brady took to calm down?
    "The Herd #1"

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 12:03:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What, did Kent hire Jon Wauford?

hehe...

Speaking of Stan Hill days, I couldn't help but cringe as I watched Litton do the chest bump thing after that first TD he threw.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 12:10:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Speaking of Stan Hill days, I couldn't help but cringe as I watched Litton do the chest bump thing after that first TD he threw.

The "targeting" hit on CL had me worried, a helmet blow in the right place is a good way to cause at least a temporary disability.

Then again, that targeting hit on Yurachek was just Ninja crazy-town.....
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline elginherd

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 12:25:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The "targeting" hit on CL had me worried, a helmet blow in the right place is a good way to cause at least a temporary disability.

Then again, that targeting hit on Yurachek was just Ninja crazy-town.....

I agree about the call about the hit on Yurk...I don't know the if the solution to this exists, but I kind of agree that a PF should've been called, but I disagree that it was 'targeting'.

I think what should happen is that the on-field official should call the PF & maybe let the replay guy determine targeting??? IDK.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 07:43:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I think what should happen is that the on-field official should call the PF & maybe let the replay guy determine targeting??? IDK.

That's exactly what happens.

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's exactly what happens.

Not exactly- 'targeting' was called on the field and that automatically gets reviewed to keep kids from being ejected by mistake.  I thought the ejection on the first hit on Chase was the right call, but I didn't think the second one was correct.  The second guy didn't hit Ryan's head, and while the hit was high, so was the ball so I didn't see the major issue
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline MUther

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not exactly- 'targeting' was called on the field and that automatically gets reviewed to keep kids from being ejected by mistake.  I thought the ejection on the first hit on Chase was the right call, but I didn't think the second one was correct.  The second guy didn't hit Ryan's head, and while the hit was high, so was the ball so I didn't see the major issue

Watched it several times and to me it looked like top of defenders helm hit bottom of Yur's facemask (part of head) and he threw that elbow up and under to make sure he got the hit.  Then followed that by dancing all over the top of him while he was on the ground.  That's targeting and taunting, IMO.  And it was done because he couldn't get there to knock the ball down in time.  So he went cheap because he was a step behind.  Bye-bye.
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:08:12 AM by MUther »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MUther is 100% correct.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline MUther

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MUther is 100% correct.

Except for writing through instead of threw, like a tard.  But I fixed it.

Offline wferg

• All American
    • Member Since 08/2014
    « Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 11:25:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Except for writing through instead of threw, like a tard.  But I fixed it.

You might be correct but not politically correct i.e. tard.  I get in trouble every time I use that word. ;)

Offline MUonium

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the targeting call on Yurachek was plain wrong from the endzone camera angle. cusa officials definitely gave Herd advantage in that game. win some officiating, lose some officating washes out in the end

Offline Greg H

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 11:38:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You might be correct but not politically correct i.e. tard.  I get in trouble every time I use that word. ;)

It's RETARD

Offline wferg

• All American
    • Member Since 08/2014
    « Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's RETARD

I hope you realize sarcasm!

Offline ichor

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 11:54:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The targeting call (in the endzone) was questionable but he should have been flagged for taunting.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does anyone know what the coach blowup was about?

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 12:28:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Endzone was definately targeting. Watch the launch he takes, he absolutely launched himself at our guys head and neck area. He made no attempt to play the ball, which in itself isn't a penalty, but he could have laid a crushing hit to Yuracheks chest or gut and accomplished the same thing.

And the he walks directly to our guy taunting? Eff him.

Offline Big City

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not exactly- 'targeting' was called on the field and that automatically gets reviewed to keep kids from being ejected by mistake.  I thought the ejection on the first hit on Chase was the right call, but I didn't think the second one was correct.  The second guy didn't hit Ryan's head, and while the hit was high, so was the ball so I didn't see the major issue
    Was standing right there. It was on purpose and malicious. He deserved to be ejected from the game.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »

Offline luvherd

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Receiver was two foot off the ground and was hit with forearm and likely helmet in the head is the definition of targeting.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 02:08:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hunter hit their qb a tad bit late on the last play IMO.  I don't know if that's what set him off, but they could have easily called it.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not exactly- 'targeting' was called on the field and that automatically gets reviewed to keep kids from being ejected by mistake.  I thought the ejection on the first hit on Chase was the right call, but I didn't think the second one was correct.  The second guy didn't hit Ryan's head, and while the hit was high, so was the ball so I didn't see the major issue

I thought the call was personal foul targeting. Of course they have to call it that so they can review the ejection.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »