Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 21549 times)

Offline clovenhoof

Re:
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can I just say SCREW CANTY! Thanks, I feel better.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

HerdFans.com

Re:
    « Reply #125 on: November 18, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

Re: Basketball
    « Reply #126 on: November 18, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dr. Lee Moon, former AD at We Are, intentionally sabotaged our one famous for 30-40 year top 50 basketball program, because he was in on where the money would b...love him or hate him he did great things. Always one of Universities great AD's. Mike Hamrick, my generation, has an opportunity of becoming the greatest ever.

Basketball, took a nose dive, and has never been able to get legs since. Dan, who is a great guy, alumn, and coach is putting a bandaid I n the real MU problem.

We set between UK, OSU, and WVU, now with today's Internet and parity, how far are we being able to sustain a good BB, FB, and minor sports program. It takes money. I know of FCS programs that are more expensive then MU, not to mention We Are...in West Virginia.....let's
    help out OUR University. Ky. SC., OH, WV, NC, Va.....

I will say that...

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dr. Lee Moon, former AD at We Are, intentionally sabotaged our one famous for 30-40 year top 50 basketball program, because he was in on where the money would b...love him or hate him he did great things. Always one of Universities great AD's. Mike Hamrick, my generation, has an opportunity of becoming the greatest ever.

Lee Moon was an egotist who only has Kayo to thank for keeping him from being remembered as the worst Marshall AD of modern times. LOL

Offline chris88

« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2015, 06:50:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Canty and his team still lost at home.  I'm just glad he got to go somewhere where it was easier for his dad to see him play ::)

Speaking of CUSA teams and schedule, FAU lost at home last night in a regular season game to a school named Warner Southern (I have no idea if that school is owned by Time Warner Cable but it sounds like it should be)...and it was their 2nd game (now 0-2).

My goodness take a breath.  Some people lamented the loss of AJL in football as if he were Chad Pennington and Reeves has turned out to be a better player.  Give the BB team a month or so before you start judging what kind of year it will be
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2015, 06:56:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • amen brother the three absentees would equate to Reaves. Foster and Swede not playing plus some others. Injuries have decimated the FB team so it should be easy to understand about no Elmore, Browning or Kelly.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chris88, FAU wasn't the only team embarrassed last night.  Murray State beat LA. Tech, supposedly one of CUSA's better teams, by 11; UTSA lost by 25 to Creighton; and Jackson State whipped Southern Miss. by 18.  Southern Miss appears to be pretty bad and still suffering from the crooked coaching tenure of former Morehead Coach, Donnie Tyndal.

So, hopefully, like in football there appears to be quite a few "weak sisters" in CUSA basketball and if Danny D's team shows significant improvement, we can be .500 or better in the conference this season (a significant improvement).

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2015, 07:24:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chris88, FAU wasn't the only team embarrassed last night.  Murray State beat LA. Tech, supposedly one of CUSA's better teams, by 11; UTSA lost by 25 to Creighton; and Jackson State whipped Southern Miss. by 18.  Southern Miss appears to be pretty bad and still suffering from the crooked coaching tenure of former Morehead Coach, Donnie Tyndal.

So, hopefully, like in football there appears to be quite a few "weak sisters" in CUSA basketball and if Danny D's team shows significant improvement, we can be .500 or better in the conference this season (a significant improvement).

I know that Murray State lost it's coach but with their recent success, losing to them is not much of an embarrassment.
    USM, on the other hand, has again self imposed a post season ban. I would think that motivation would be a problem when you know you aren't even going to the conference tournament. Creighton also has had a good program going. With all that being said, I certainly believe that the #9 selection in the pre-season poll is too low. I think we will surpass that.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The good news is that the rest of the conference seems to be just as weak in basketball as it is in football. So we should def get some wins in conference.

Offline chris88

« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's my point.  Give it some time.  With 11 new players (all new to the system) you shouldn't expect significant improvement right out of the gate.  But come conference time, like last year, I believe we will more than hold our own in CUSA.  We had some embarrassing losses last year but played Louisville and WVU well and got rolling pretty good in the league by midseason....and I think we have more talent this year. I expect UAB, ODU, LT to all be pretty good.  Basketball and hockey are chemistry heavy sports.  When you take key components out it means other guys are expected to do things they wouldn't normally be expected to do.  Getting them all back and playing some games will tell us a lot more. We'll have a pretty good idea by early-mid January I suspect.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online herdman22

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off, it was a scrimmage game.  These games are used to get all players some time on the floor, trying out different rotations, trying some new things against an opponent, etc.  Wins in these games do not matter.  I pay no attention to preseason in the NFL, spring training none of it means anything when the season begins.  Tonight we will see a different approach to the game.  We have a bunch of new faces this year and they are learning to play together.  It was their second time against an opponent.  I trust the coaching we have on this team more than I have in a long, long time.  We will be fine.

And, look at Washington State in football.  They are in the Top 25 and they opened the season losing to Portland State.  Portland State has lost to North Dakota and Northern Colorado.  These things happen.  We are going to be alright.  We were way down, not going to turn it around overnight. 

I am very excited about the direction we are headed, but also realistic that it may be two steps forward one step back at first. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »