Author Topic: according to the Herald Dispatch  (Read 2562 times)

Offline herdorbust

according to the Herald Dispatch
« on: August 25, 2017, 09:10:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2 more players have left the Marshall football team. Freshman 4* WR Darius Owens and Kicker Curraj. Doesn't that leave us with just 1 kicker now?

HerdFans.com

according to the Herald Dispatch
    « on: August 25, 2017, 09:10:48 AM »

Offline chris88

Re: according to the Herald Dispatch
    « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So if our punter pulls a muscle, we will have no kicker or punter??
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline iherdya

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

we have a redshirt freshman and true freshman on the roster still.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 09:41:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2 more players have left the Marshall football team. Freshman 4* WR Darius Owens and Kicker Curraj. Doesn't that leave us with just 1 kicker now?

Cannot find that info.  Do you have a link?
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • AGAIN...NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!! NOTHING!!!

This program and it's fans deserve so much better than this dumpster fire. I want my MARSHALL FOOTBALL BACK!!!!

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, The E-Man, miltonherdfan

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:08:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cannot find that info.  Do you have a link?
    Page one of  the HD Sports page
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 10:15:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well Gaines to WR full time is looking better.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 10:24:17 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • how does a guy sit out as a NQ, go through spring and fall camp...then quit right before game week.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd, ed swain, The E-Man, Scottyo614

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • how does a guy sit out as a NQ, go through spring and fall camp...then quit right before game week.

It must be really bad...

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline MUonium

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • if trend continues, we're going to be down to long-snappers running back to kick his own snap.  Lucy tormenting Charlie Brown

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 11:23:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • if trend continues, we're going to be down to long-snappers running back to kick his own snap.  Lucy tormenting Charlie Brown

I always heard in high school, Tex Williams was such a great athlete, he could punt the ball and run down and catch his own punts. ;D

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Our kicker will have a bounty put out on him, like Buddy Ryan did with Luis Zendejas!!

(late 80's Eagles v. Cowboys)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 01:34:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Looks like moving 6-3 George Davis from Safety to WR was a good call by Doc.

Offline Bleed_Kelly_Green

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • George Davis left the program last week if I'm not mistaken. He no longer appears on the HerdZone roster.
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:05:30 PM by Bleed_Kelly_Green »

Offline THUNDER0645

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is getting old. I am completely lost as to what is going on with our program, I'm guessing it's not good. We shouldn't have this attrition one week before the opening game🤔

Offline iherdya

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is getting old. I am completely lost as to what is going on with our program, I'm guessing it's not good. We shouldn't have this attrition one week before the opening game🤔

our attrition is a problem, but losing 3 guys after fall camp isn't that big of a deal and pretty standard. once they find out they're not going to play they have to leave before school starts at their new destination.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • our attrition is a problem, but losing 3 guys after fall camp isn't that big of a deal and pretty standard. once they find out they're not going to play they have to leave before school starts at their new destination.

Make no mistake! It is a "BIG DEAL" losing starters before the season starts. It wouldn't matter as much if we didn't have a very bad ("high attrition rate" )something is wrong with this team and it starts at the very top. You guys can keep the green-kool-aid glasses on. I've taken mine off after what happened last season.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline iherdya

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Make no mistake! It is a "BIG DEAL" losing starters before the season starts. It wouldn't matter as much if we didn't have a very bad ("high attrition rate" )something is wrong with this team and it starts at the very top. You guys can keep the green-kool-aid glasses on. I've taken mine off after what happened last season.

who are the starters we've lost?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • who are the starters we've lost?

I said starters, and 2 depth chart... ( Curraj , Owens, Davis, Phillips, ) I'm sure I've missed a few more..

Offline iherdya

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2017, 04:08:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I said starters, and 2 depth chart... ( Curraj , Owens, Davis, Phillips, ) I'm sure I've missed a few more..

maybe what you should've said was "0 starters and 1 guy on the two deep."

phillips AND curraj weren't both going to be on the two deep,

davis wasn't on the two deep at receiver and wasn't going to get any meaningful reps this year.

owens has talent, but basically missed all of fall camp it would've been difficult for a guy brand new to the offense to climb the depth chart to get any meaningful reps in games after missing all of fall camp basically.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2017, 04:13:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • to add, being on the two deep isn't good enough for a lot of kids these days. not too long ago guys were more content to backup, learn, and wait for their shot today. telling a lot of kids these days they're going to back up so and so, means they'll just say %^&* it and transfer down to get to play immediately all the time.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • maybe what you should've said was "0 starters and 1 guy on the two deep."

phillips AND curraj weren't both going to be on the two deep,

davis wasn't on the two deep at receiver and wasn't going to get any meaningful reps this year.

owens has talent, but basically missed all of fall camp it would've been difficult for a guy brand new to the offense to climb the depth chart to get any meaningful reps in games after missing all of fall camp basically.

Darian Owens, "corrected" Im to pissed to even talk about this! is a major talent, how do you go from being a star recruit for U.C.L.A, to a 3 string player for one of the worse D-1 teams in college football? I'm talking about Marshall, a team that we all love.   It's very sad to see how far we have fallen, seems like we're drowning even further.
    « Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:23:22 PM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, 1rowdyherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2017, 04:16:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • to add, being on the two deep isn't good enough for a lot of kids these days. not too long ago guys were more content to backup, learn, and wait for their shot today. telling a lot of kids these days they're going to back up so and so, means they'll just say %^&* it and transfer down to get to play immediately all the time.

OK, again, we're losing players at ( AN UNUSUAL HIGH RATE TO ATTRITION) I'll leave at that.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline iherdya

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 04:18:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Davis is a major talent, how do you go from being a star recruit for U.C.L.A, to a 3 string player for one of the worse D-1 teams in college football? I'm talking about Marshall, a team that we all love.   It's very sad to see how far we have fallen, seems like we're drowning even further.

george davis wasn't recruited by ucla. i'm guessing you mean owens. you go from a big time recruit to 3rd string when you quit coming to meetings and practice.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The key will be how this team responds if they start losing. Will they fold like last yr? If they lose to miami, they will have a real hard time beating nc st. It's easy to talk about how they have changed and leadership etc. But 0-2? How will the tram deal with that?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »