Author Topic: Teams with players that didn't stand for anthem NFL week 1  (Read 6568 times)

Offline The E-Man

Re: Teams with players that didn't stand for anthem NFL week 1
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ESPN is a left wing place to work,just ask Curt schilling .If you are a conservative you do not belong.They have supported these rich %^)#@s who refuse to stand.They have made it the cool thing to do.What jerks.

I'm sure a lot of players didn't want to take a knee doing the national anthem. After what Trump said, I seen more unity of locking arms and kneeling together in a show of solidarity force today. What Trump has done is cause a backlash full of protest.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2017, 06:51:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I now hate Terry Bradshaw also. He thinks the players have a right to do that? OK fair enough. But does he not also think the president of the USA has the right to say he deplores what they are doing? The people of this country are getting more stupid by the day. And personally, anyone that takes up for this crap and believes this is OK during the NA....a song supporting our soldiers and those that have died I would rather never speak to me again because you aren't my friend and personally I want nothing to do with you. That is the way I feel. I am sick of this garbage and it is garbage!!!!!

Then you should feel sick for the garbage that's our President! Trump is a "malignant narcissistic nut!!" Again, (I don't think anyone should ever desecrate the flag, be it not standing, or burning our flag it should never happen). On the other hand, it's every American's Constitutional right to do such a thing rather you agree with it or not.Does it make it right, hell no!   I had a Korean War Vet tell me the other day, they fought for us to have such a right, even though it pisses me off when I see people not honoring our flag.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • correction - trump is a draft-dodging piece of %^&*

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • correction - trump is a draft-dodging piece of %^&*

The records doesn't show that Trump dodged the draft.  Bill Clinton was however a true draft dodger?  What branch of the Muslim military did Obama serve in?  Hillary?  Trump is more patriotic and loves America more than all 3 of those commies put together.  Trump has more balls than all of them put together also.  Especially since Obama had his removed during his gay days. LOL

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 07:12:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The American flag disrespect is a very sacred line to cross.
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:14:23 PM by QuickStrike »

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, chris88, The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 09:28:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • White police officer in Illinois beaten unconscious by black man he attempted to arrest.  White woman killed today when black dreamer from Sudan shoots up their church.  But, no.....the ungrateful basterds in the NFL want to disrespect the American flag by protesting the deaths of t.hugs like Michael Brown and Anthony Lamar Smith.  All my NFL gear including my Pennington Jets jersey is ready to be burned as soon as I run and get some matches.  F all them commies!   

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The players caused the backlash , not Trump.  He told them exactly what the majority of Americans would have loved to. They are kneeling for what ? Oppression ? Do the Lambos , Ferraris or Bentleys in the players parking lot smell of oppression ? Do the 30K square foot homes they go to smell of racism ? Those guys are a joke.  If they want to kneel for something , they should kneel and thank the Lord for letting them be born in the USA . Be thankful instead of bitching about absolutely nothing.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 11:16:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • White police officer in Illinois beaten unconscious by black man he attempted to arrest.  White woman killed today when black dreamer from Sudan shoots up their church.  But, no.....the ungrateful basterds in the NFL want to disrespect the American flag by protesting the deaths of t.hugs like Michael Brown and Anthony Lamar Smith.  All my NFL gear including my Pennington Jets jersey is ready to be burned as soon as I run and get some matches.  F all them commies!   

So sad what's happening in our society. Anyone that shoots up of all things a house of worship is a very sick individual! As for the police officer it should be a "civil right violation" if you assault anyone of law enforcement. 

Offline chris88

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You don't generalize groups of people as SOBs, bums, white supremacists, Nazis etc because they disagree with you and expect them to look at a situation more objectively.  I understand POTUS passion for vets, law enforcement etc, but you can strongly disagree with what people are doing without calling them SOBs who should be fired. Lebron can disagree with POTUS, but calling him a bum on twitter doesn't help anyone.  Everyone on here knows those things to be true.

After going to one of better baseball games I've seen in a long time in Cincy between the Reds and Red Sox today I had a nice conversation with an African American Red Sox fan from Indy and his Caucasian girlfriend.  You know what we talked about?  Baseball.  I don't care if the guy was green and married to a circus freak...we still would have talked about baseball...that's what sports is suppose to be about.  Solutions to real and perceived issues can usually be resolved with the baby steps of finding something in common. The thought that you need government to do that is a fallacy.  One of the most vital things to remember about a free society is an individual has the power to change their direction in life. To try to convince anyone otherwise is a detriment to their well being.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Apollo, Scottyo614

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 10:02:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say youll see this at a college game soon . I wouldnt be suprised if it happens this weekend. I think the NFL players will see real soon that they have the right to protest or speak their opinion but people also have the right to express their own right back , and that means staying home or turning the TV off. All this will snowball to companies who support teams , shoes , jersyes , everything .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline bighat

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2017, 10:23:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am a Navy veteran of the Viet Nam era. (71-75)  I served so that people could march peacefully carrying torches and chanting whatever or people could kneel during the playing of the national anthem.  That is what is great about our country that we have the freedom to do this.  What communist countries would allow you to protest like this.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, The E-Man

Offline pdunn

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So sad what's happening in our society. Anyone that shoots up of all things a house of worship is a very sick individual! As for the police officer it should be a "civil right violation" if you assault anyone of law enforcement.

No, just a violent crime.  Civil rights are based on fundamental freedoms such as those in the Bill of Rights or distinctions based on some indelible personal characteristic such as race or national origin of American citizens.  Being a police officer is not a fundamental freedom or an indelible characteristic.  I share the sentiment, and I'm all for aggravating factors in sentencing if someone assaults a police officer, but let's keep the legal salt and sugar in their proper containers.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure a lot of players didn't want to take a knee doing the national anthem. After what Trump said, I seen more unity of locking arms and kneeling together in a show of solidarity force today. What Trump has done is cause a backlash full of protest.

So eman....trump is wrong for taking up for country and flag?  That is what is wrong with this country. People do something wrong and someone points it out and then he makes it worse is the thinking. Im glad we have someone pointing out what these ungrateful thugs are doing. Actually trump is just helping people decide to make a stand by bringng this to the forefront. Ive already heard of people canceling their nfl package this weekend. Stand up and put a stop to it. Im done with the nfl and its growing.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope the nfl suffers greatly for this. I want these players and owners lose an incredible amount of money. Like i have told people i know. Pepple habe the right yo do this if they want and even support these players. And i have the right to not want anyone as a friend that takes up for kneeling during the NA and sports over country. And i would tell anyone to their face the same thing.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So eman....trump is wrong for taking up for country and flag?  That is what is wrong with this country. People do something wrong and someone points it out and then he makes it worse is the thinking. Im glad we have someone pointing out what these ungrateful %^)#@s are doing. Actually trump is just helping people decide to make a stand by bringng this to the forefront. Ive already heard of people canceling their nfl package this weekend. Stand up and put a stop to it. Im done with the nfl and its growing.

Go back and read very carefully what I said about "disrespecting the flag!" I personally don't like it and don't condone their behavior! Every one has a right to protest, does it make it right, hell no!I'm pissed hearing the President of the United States calling black men "sons of bitches", Donald Trump is a racist redneck pr*ck!, period!
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:18:17 PM by The E-Man »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Go back and read very carefully what I said about "disrespecting the flag!" I personally don't like it and don't condone their behavior! Every one has a right to protest, does it make it right, hell no!I'm pissed hearing the President of the United States calling black men "sons of bitches", Donald Trump is a racist redneck pr*ck!, period!

He mever said black men.... he is saying anyone that disrespects the flag and country is. You hide behind the "im not for it" (bleep). Dont respond to me anymore because you are nothing to me. Tired of the people that take up for hatred of our country!!!!!!

Offline pdunn

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know why I'm jumping in on this.

This isn't about the First Amendment.  The First Amendment protects speech against government action, i.e., getting thrown in jail for criticizing a public figure.  Everyone has a right to speak their mind or demonstrate their disapproval of something so long as they do it in a proper time, place and manner--no violence, no blocking access, no bullhorns in the middle of the night, etc. 

What they do not have the right to do is to be a professional football player.  If the owners and the NFL management demanded that this stop they could do it without legal jeopardy.  They need to do something because while this is polarizing in the end it is driving away their audience, some because they are upset, others because it is sucking all of the joy out of watching football.  No audience, no fans, no one watching TV, no advertising dollars, eventually no NFL.

I understand the president's point and I understand his anger because a lot of people share the same feelings.  But he was totally wrong to call the protesters SOBs.  He could have said "that player is fired" or "that man is fired" and it would have had the same effect with less blowback.  Using that kind of language just steps all over the point he was trying to make.  When you're the president, you need to be careful in how you choose your words and he failed in the moment on Friday night.  I'm not talking about being politically correct, because I have no use for political correctness.  I'm talking about the basest kinds of insults.  If you wouldn't say it to someone's face you shouldn't say it to a roomful of people either.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:29:43 PM by pdunn »
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: chris88, The E-Man

Offline ed swain

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 02:16:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just hope does not this happen.What a disgrace !

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Trump is 100% correct in calling out these low life thugs. And im glad he is doing it. And i dont care what color they are. If they were all white they would still be pieces of crap imo

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 02:35:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He mever said black men.... he is saying anyone that disrespects the flag and country is. You hide behind the "im not for it" bull%^&*. Dont respond to me anymore because you are nothing to me. Tired of the people that take up for hatred of our country!!!!!!

Well, what ever! who was protesting black men or white? You can say what you want, Trump is a racist, period! And if you would have taken the time to "read my post carefully, you would clearly see how I;m against anyone that doesn't honor the flag.

Just because it's Kapernick's right to not honor the flag, does it make it right to sit doing the Anthem?, ( HELL, NO!). It's my right to desecrate the flag, does that mean I should do it?, (HELL NO!) Not honoring the flag is very "disrespectful" to the men and women who are dying defending our flag in Afghanistan, Iraq, and throughout the world. Our brave soldiers past, and present, have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms, and we as people owe them our gratitude for their services. If Kapernick lived in Cuba and protested they would throw his sorry ass up under jail as a political prisoner.
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:48:03 PM by The E-Man »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 02:42:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know why I'm jumping in on this.

This isn't about the First Amendment.  The First Amendment protects speech against government action, i.e., getting thrown in jail for criticizing a public figure.  Everyone has a right to speak their mind or demonstrate their disapproval of something so long as they do it in a proper time, place and manner--no violence, no blocking access, no bullhorns in the middle of the night, etc. 

What they do not have the right to do is to be a professional football player.  If the owners and the NFL management demanded that this stop they could do it without legal jeopardy.  They need to do something because while this is polarizing in the end it is driving away their audience, some because they are upset, others because it is sucking all of the joy out of watching football.  No audience, no fans, no one watching TV, no advertising dollars, eventually no NFL.

I understand the president's point and I understand his anger because a lot of people share the same feelings. But he was totally wrong to call the protesters SOBs.  He could have said "that player is fired" or "that man is fired" and it would have had the same effect with less blowback.  Using that kind of language just steps all over the point he was trying to make.  When you're the president, you need to be careful in how you choose your words it and he failed in the moment on Friday night.  I'm not talking about being politically correct, because I have no use for political correctness.  I'm talking about the basest kinds of insults.  If you wouldn't say it to someone's face you shouldn't say it to a roomful of people either.

As always, PDunn the man of intellect reasoning!
    Thank You!

The following users thanked this post: pdunn

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tired of the people that take up for hatred of our country!!!!!!

Oh, so now you're admitting you're tired of yourself for taking up for the racists, hatemonger, demagogue, Donald Trump!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh, so now you're admitting you're tired of yourself for taking up for the racists
    Donald Trump!

You actually think Trump is racist ? You say he is racist because that word has no legitimate meaning anymore , that's what happens when something gets used for everything , it loses its power. He is not a racist , a racist wouldn't have people working for him that are different from him . Ben Carson , Elaine Chao , Jerome Adams aren't whiteys so something must be up , maybe Trump is using them as tokens ? Trump has plenty of proof throughout his career of hiring whoever is best for the job , regardless of anything else.  Apparently blacks think they are the only ones that racism can be used against . Ive traveled many countries in my lifetime and have seen many different races and classes being discriminated against , not just blacks . Ive also come to realize no matter what color you are , everyone has it better in the Unites States , maybe everyone that say they have it so bad here should move to another country , maybe then they would appreciate what they have and shut their damn mouths , but I doubt it.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:13:42 PM by CoachSkip »
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You actually think Trump is racist ? You say he is racist because that word has no legitimate meaning anymore , that's what happens when something gets used for everything , it loses its power. He is not a racist , a racist wouldn't have people working for him that are different from him . Ben Carson , Elaine Chao , Jerome Adams aren't whiteys so something must be up , maybe Trump are using them as tokens ?  Apparently blacks think they are the only ones that racism can be used against . Ive traveled many countries in my lifetime and have seen many different races being discriminated against , not just blacks . Ive also come to realize no matter what color you are , everyone has it better in the Unites States , maybe everyone that say they have it so bad here should move to another country , maybe then they would appreciate what they have and shut their damn mouths , but I doubt it.

Coach, Yes, I really do think he's a racist! and for more reasons than one. I can go back to his days when (he had rental property and so on). I'm on the inside looking out. Who's saying they have it bad here? (I'm on record as saying, anyone that doesn't like the U.S.A, can always give up their citizenship.) So now what's your problem?

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:58 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  •  Hes not a racist , there isn't enough racists that would have voted him in office , unless they also voted for Obama , which doesn't make a lick of sense .

Oh I don't have a problem with you EMan , I actually like how you can post stuff without getting all worked up (not everyone can )  , that's the only way things can get worked out .
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t

The following users thanked this post: chris88, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:58 PM »