Author Topic: Ok, ok. Who took over Bill Leggs body?  (Read 2958 times)

Offline goherd24

Ok, ok. Who took over Bill Leggs body?
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:29:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because this is one of the most diverse and aggressive play calling i have seen at MU in 8 years.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, GreenSteve, SouthernHerd, The E-Man, Herdfan2005

HerdFans.com

Ok, ok. Who took over Bill Leggs body?
    « on: September 30, 2017, 08:29:06 PM »

Offline theherd011569

Re: Ok, ok. Who took over Bill Leggs body?
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:42:47 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • No doubt! Domination in all 3 phases !

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline dshoe

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because this is one of the most diverse and aggressive play calling i have seen at MU in 8 years.

It's also what happens when you protect, throw accurately, catch the ball and generally execute while minimizing mistakes and penalties.

Also had a terrific game plan in the second half............If cincy stays in the 4-3 with backers wide, would not be surprised to see the running game pick up dramatically in the second half..........

MU played outstanding defense as well............all of them have played within themselves...........look disciplined and look "coached"
    Lot of freshmen playing including the offensive line......impressive showing in the first half

The following users thanked this post: GreenSteve

Offline goherd24

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, but setting ourselves up for 4th down attempts, on 3rd and long. Motion, going for the TD on 4th and short, tosses, chase pulling it, using TEs and the list goes on. Really impressive, but have to temper expectations in that the bear cats are a fairly weak opponent.

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd

Offline Carolina_Thor

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I always thought Legg got a little bit rough treatment around here,  mainly due to poor execution by the players.   I came on specifically to see if anyone was going to give him credit when some execution actually happens.

The following users thanked this post: bighat, The E-Man, backontrack, LCHerdfan

Offline cutmeopenibleedgreen

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:03:06 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, but setting ourselves up for 4th down attempts, on 3rd and long. Motion, going for the TD on 4th and short, tosses, chase pulling it, using TEs and the list goes on. Really impressive, but have to temper expectations in that the bear cats are a fairly weak opponent.

"I found my BJ from Jessica Alba a bit toothy."
    "What day is it, son?" "Game Day." "What day?"  "Game Day!" "Thats Right! Time to play till the whistle blows!"

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 09:06:02 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Its the success thats all....When your run play works, you look like a smart coach, when your run play gets a 2 2 yard loss, you are a dum&^$r*( that should have passed the ball....when your 3 and 5 and you throw a 25 yard pass for a td, your a genius...if the wr drops it, you should have completed a short pass or ran it....

Going for it on 4th is probably because we have our punter kicking fg and the wind is kicking up...

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Only complaint is King is running like Rodriguez.  Where's the up the gut breakaway style from Kent game?  Other than that we are playing very well and Legg gets a big applause from me so far.  Now, let's see if we put two halves of football together.  We do that and we will be full Jedis.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nevermind, here comes vintage Legg and Doc, sre we going to try to sit on a lead for the whole 2nd half? Or go win the game?

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he’s coaching to win one for Joe tonight

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

• Notice Legg getting ideas from the H-D in the beginning of the clip.

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 11:05:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We start crushing the middle of the field in the passing game with TE and Wr's.  We are tough to stop!!  We need to get another playmaker going ............  Cody Mitchell

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 11:05:35 PM »

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 11:07:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've criticized them some and have to give them credit tonight. Hope it continues.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, backontrack

Offline goherd24

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2017, 11:43:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Extremely proud of our team tonight. Man, it gives me hope of the top 25 seeping in around 9-1

Offline Mako

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its the success thats all....When your run play works, you look like a smart coach, when your run play gets a 2 2 yard loss, you are a dum&^$r*( that should have passed the ball....when your 3 and 5 and you throw a 25 yard pass for a td, your a genius...if the wr drops it, you should have completed a short pass or ran it....

Going for it on 4th is probably because we have our punter kicking fg and the wind is kicking up...

Ding, ding, ding, ding.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 12:24:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's also what happens when you protect, throw accurately, catch the ball and generally execute while minimizing mistakes and penalties.

Also had a terrific game plan in the second half............If cincy stays in the 4-3 with backers wide, would not be surprised to see the running game pick up dramatically in the second half..........

MU played outstanding defense as well............all of them have played within themselves...........look disciplined and look "coached"
    Lot of freshmen playing including the offensive line......impressive showing in the first half

Amazing how the playbook expands when you have reason for confidence that your O-line can do their jobs.

Still too many 3rd and >5, tho. Converted them this time, but can't count on that against better teams.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 01:48:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funniest line(s) of the night came from Paul Swann and former Herd QB Dave Walsh on the radio network post game show.  Walsh said he's been waiting long for the Herd to throw his favorite pass, DTM (Down the Middle).  Swann wondered what Billy Legg was drinking tonight and Walsh said he hoped Legg kept on drinking it!!!

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 04:01:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funniest line(s) of the night came from Paul Swann and former Herd QB Dave Walsh on the radio network post game show.  Walsh said he's been waiting long for the Herd to throw his favorite pass, DTM (Down the Middle).  Swann wondered what Billy Legg was drinking tonight and Walsh said he hoped Legg kept on drinking it!!!

The only bad thing tonight was in the second half  the old Billy Legg showed up to call the plays.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's hope it continues.  And execution is coaching.  Well coached teams execute, poorly coached ones don't. Tonight we executed and looked well coached in all phases.  We still struggle to establish a run game.  If we get that figured out this can be a pretty good team.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 11:59:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So many seem to try so hard to make this all a video game. But the reality is, it's not just how the person(s) pushing the buttons performs. This is real life, and beyond the ones calling the shots on the sidelines, it involves predominantly 18-22 year-olds, and each of them individually and collectively bring certain physical talents and mental disciplines to the table. It ALL matters to success. It's a symphony. Put another way, maybe more simply, not every employee working under me is a reflection of my competency as their supervisor, whether for good or bad. I have my influence, but they also have theirs. It ALL matters.

Just ought to be said.

The following users thanked this post: backontrack, elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So many seem to try so hard to make this all a video game. But the reality is, it's not just how the person(s) pushing the buttons performs. This is real life, and beyond the ones calling the shots on the sidelines, it involves predominantly 18-22 year-olds, and each of them individually and collectively bring certain physical talents and mental disciplines to the table. It ALL matters to success. It's a symphony. Put another way, maybe more simply, not every employee working under me is a reflection of my competency as their supervisor, whether for good or bad. I have my influence, but they also have theirs. It ALL matters.

Just ought to be said.

Yep!
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline CJHerdgrad

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Only complaint is King is running like Rodriguez.  Where's the up the gut breakaway style from Kent game?  Other than that we are playing very well and Legg gets a big applause from me so far.  Now, let's see if we put two halves of football together.  We do that and we will be full Jedis.

I noticed in the 2nd half, UC was getting some shoestring tackles on King saving a long run.  UC probably has a little better athlete than some of the teams we have left, so I look for King and others to get those long runs late in the game.  Those runs won't be tripped up.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »

Offline kjh

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hats off to Doc and the team. One item missed was preparation. We had an extra week to prepare for UC. The Herd is and always has been very good given extra time to prepare.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 03:46:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Just ought to be said.

Those "boring" running plays set up the over-the-shoulder TD to Yurachek off the fake toss sweep. Not something a video game reflects, unless A.I. has come to the point of 'why play a video game'.

p2m

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline herd2win

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 05:13:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Passing over the middle both long and short routes is the key...UC did not expect those routes because we never do that and it worked extremely well...keep using the middle of the field and it will open up the offense.

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, mr_ash_1995

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 05:13:28 AM »