Author Topic: y'all know this team could be 4-0  (Read 1951 times)

Online W0lfman

y'all know this team could be 4-0
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • i know candy and nuts...but this team has a defense that is hardnosed and quick.  get that offense going like tonight and anything is possible.  very good win!

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

y'all know this team could be 4-0
    « on: September 30, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »

Online MicDrass1

Re: y'all know this team could be 4-0
    « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:51:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tarik Adams is a man!!

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 10:54:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i know candy and nuts...but this team has a defense that is hardnosed and quick.  get that offense going like tonight and anything is possible.  very good win!

I think its hard to say that we should be 4-0 when we lost by 17 to a team that was clearly a step better (though a smaller step than many may have thought).  But I wonder if we play like tonight the rest of the way how the ESPN commentators will behave since we can through out the "one of the best teams in the ACC had to resort to multiple trickeration to beat us at their place" and the "we dominated a team more than #8 Michigan did".
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:05:16 PM by CoachMaclid »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:59:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Depends on how NC State does and the Bearcats in the American, but we could lose one more and still be a Top 25 team if we play good and smart football.  We are playing fiesty opportunistic defense and ST.  And our team is better.  And the MAN returns!!! 
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:02:42 PM by MicDrass1 »

Online luvherd

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 11:01:08 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very solid road win. I am pleasantly surprised by this team. Go Herd!
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, svherd, The E-Man

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 11:11:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We also did something few if any others did.  We played all FBS.

Online W0lfman

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 11:12:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think its hard to say that we should be 4-0 when we lost by 17 to a team that was clearly a step better (though a smaller step than many may have thought).  But I wonder if we play like tonight the rest of the way how the ESPN commentators will behave since we can through out the "one of the best teams in the ACC had to resort to multiple trickeration to beat us at their place" and the "we dominated a team more than #8 Michigan did".
    just saying brotha.  we are about to get another impact player on defense in juwon young and that is a pleasant addition.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, SouthernHerd

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 11:16:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • just saying brotha.  we are about to get another impact player on defense in juwon young and that is a pleasant addition.

Ryan Bee is playing great inside.  Also, noticed Nyquan Harris is back at DT.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We needed to play flawless football to beat NC State.  We did as much to beat ourselves in that game as NC State did to beat us.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • just saying brotha.  we are about to get another impact player on defense in juwon young and that is a pleasant addition.

To me, the biggest thing here is that we started 2 seniors tonight (Yurachek and Keller).  We need to start building this thing up and positioning ourselves for a 2018 NY6 run by getting our name back in the conversation THIS year.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, The E-Man

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 11:28:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Young is going to be on fire!!  And Yulee is the real deal.  Hancock is damn good.  If that dude can run 4.5 or faster he could be an awesome NFL safety.  He reminds me of a Rogers Beckett type.  He needs to go into a pro day lighter and faster for a safety and not bulked to lb.  Athlete!!!  Hernandez, Cobb has an NFL LB body.... don't sleep on either!!  I like Channing Hames, dude is big.  Good Lord!!  Heater is firing it up.  Moving Ryan Bee to the inside  8) 8) ;) ;) 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline goherd24

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To me, the biggest thing here is that we started 2 seniors tonight (Yurachek and Keller).  We need to start building this thing up and positioning ourselves for a 2018 NY6 run by getting our name back in the conversation THIS year.

This is absolutely spot on. Next year we have a fantastic schedule and what should be our best team since 2014, who was hampered with a bad schedule.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 11:38:41 PM »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2017, 11:50:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We go 12-1 this year!!  We could get in.  If NC State and Cinci are legit in there conference!!  They Really watch our game with NC State we had them.  We made mistakes!  We play composed and o-line stays in sink without penalties ...... we will win this league and maybe the rest of our games.  Stay hungry and focused boys!  Gooooooo Herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo

Online carolinaherdfan

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 12:04:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Oh So Right....

We believed MU 10 wins...they may be better; only if we continue...our Great MU football is so much better then we/they believe...only hope they realize how good we/they are...we are Marshall and we are good again...

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yet, Charlotte is still laughing at us...

Online carolinaherdfan

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 12:11:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coach, we r goin’ to kick us some charlotte...

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Yet, Charlotte is still laughing at us...

Charlotte is a decent high school team. They are beyond bad. And what does that make FIU?

Offline morpheus

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 10:54:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We owe one to the 49ers and especially their QB.  Doubt Doc runs up the score on former Herd coaches but it won't be pretty for Charlotte.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 01:17:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think its hard to say that we should be 4-0 when we lost by 17 to a team that was clearly a step better (though a smaller step than many may have thought).  But I wonder if we play like tonight the rest of the way how the ESPN commentators will behave since we can through out the "one of the best teams in the ACC had to resort to multiple trickeration to beat us at their place" and the "we dominated a team more than #8 Michigan did".

It would be a stretch to say we could be 4-0, but that game was closer than the 17 points it ended up being. They got their last TD in garbage time after Rodriguez fumbled giving them the ball 25 yards away from scoring. We had a KO return TD called back, missed a FG and threw an interception in the endzone. NC State had some missed opportunities as well, so I'm not saying we win, but it was definitely a more competitive game than the final score would indicate.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How much better can our defense be now that Young is eligible?  Especially if he lives up to all the hype.  I assume he has been able to practice all fall.  We should be really loaded with talent and depth at linebacker.  Hancock has been playing lights out and Yulee has been looking more comfortable with each game.  Defense could be hitting stride at a very high level as we enter conference play.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »