Author Topic: Sack-leading ODU to test Marshall football's offensive line  (Read 453 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Sack-leading ODU to test Marshall football's offensive line
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:33:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    One could say the Monarchs’ sacks-by total is misleading, and it may be. After all, they sacked the moribund Massachusetts Minutemen eight times, and decked Albany in the season opener seven times.

That just gave Marshall coaches and players more video highlights to consider, as they saw the quarterback hit the deck time and time again, generally by ODU’s front four. In fact, defensive linemen have accounted for 18 of the Monarchs’ 19 sacks.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/marshall_university/sack-leading-odu-to-test-marshall-football-s-offensive-line/article_3d201bbf-ebcc-5d33-afd8-5a24234dc5d5.html

HerdFans.com

Sack-leading ODU to test Marshall football's offensive line
    « on: October 11, 2017, 05:33:23 AM »

Offline chris88

Re: Sack-leading ODU to test Marshall football's offensive line
    « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:14:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have one of the worst defenses you will see this year....I don't care how many sacks they have.  MU needs to do what Kiffin did last week by playing a hurry up/high tempo offense.  ODU's heads were swimming.  Kent and Charlotte have below average 1-AA offenses.  ODU has a below average I-aa defense. Off top of head, I think they've given up 50 pts 3 times already.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline MUonium

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:33:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have one of the worst defenses you will see this year....I don't care how many sacks they have.  MU needs to do what Kiffin did last week by playing a hurry up/high tempo offense.  ODU's heads were swimming.  Kent and Charlotte have below average 1-AA offenses.  ODU has a below average I-aa defense. Off top of head, I think they've given up 50 pts 3 times already.

i haven't seen them.  so, they feel like their only chance is at the LOS, pressure the QB at all costs?  seems they've paid the price anyway.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:49:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

But hurry up in Legg's current system, chris88, means that Litton only checks twice with the sidelines for about 15-20 seconds instead of 3 times for about 20-25 seconds!!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:49:11 AM »