Author Topic: W0lfman - Time to change the name of this forum?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline MUther

Re: W0lfman - Time to change the name of this forum?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MUther, I see your points. And no I do not like most of the play calling on offense. Maybe if I understood from an insiders view what Legg - Doc are doing, I could critique their plan better. The plain vanilla, everyone knows all three of our plays and are ready for them makes some sense in a parallel universe but I can't see it.

But to bring out all the negative bitching and moaning all the while we are getting 5-1 halfway through the season, well it wears on folks who want to just stop and take a look at how far we have come in one year.

So the forum has deteriorated into fans who like most of what's happened especially the results so far and fans who strongly believe it should be much better. Now we have two sides of "fans" fighting each other's posts.

I like the first topic, maybe it's time to let the Koolaide drinkers, like me have a forum.

Then another forum for those who want to discuss what should have been and who should be let go.

Unfortunately all America is similar. There is very little middle ground and compromise. Lots of anger and hostility. That is not good for a small (relatively speaking) fan base like Marshall. It's also a sad state of affairs....

I also see your point.  But what are you here for?

"well it wears on folks who want to just stop and take a look at how far we have come in one year" 

How does any of what we're discussing or bitching about stop you from appreciating what Marshall has done so far?  You don't need us for you to be happy.  If you're reading a game thread, I'll clue you in as to what you're seeing:  If something good happens, everyone is happy.  If something bad happens, everyone is mad.  It's the same way in the stands, in the suites, in the bars.  Everyone's a hindsight expert, and everyone's a coach, and everyone knows what's best for Marshall, and nobody has the same opinion, exactly.  But like I said I wouldn't want to go to a place just to see 200 people write "Good game" in one thread and then logoff. 

But if that's your cup of tea, try starting a thread that says good win or good game and maybe discuss the things that went well.  Asking people to just accept a win in a game thread where they were reacting to a catastrophe as it occurred is never going to go over well.  And when someone mentions a bad crowd, it's ok.  It's part of the game and experience.  No one is making anyone read those threads and they're certainly not forcing anyone to post in them.  And they're almost always clearly marked by the title as being sarcastic or bluntly negative.  But you guys don't really want that.  You want to wade right in and tell us we're wrong and vice versa. 

You can separate the forums but if it actually works it will be because everyone quits posting.  There's no discussion if there are no opposing views.  Hence the circle jerk I referred to.  That will kill a very active forum.  Utopia doesn't work.  The Matrix had to be remade to add human suffering.  And so on..

The following users thanked this post: Apollo, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 08:50:13 PM »

Offline MUonium

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • clowns to the left of me jokers to the right here i am stuck in the middle with you

Offline MU93

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love this forum and all posters.

A good forum needs all points of view.

I don't feel confident in our o right now and agree with many of the criticisms of it.  But as a relatively knowledgeable football fan I have to point out defense wins championships.

Our team strength is the d.  A good coach strategizes based on their team's strengths.  That is what I believe our coaches are doing.

They can't beat you if they can't score.

Hopefully our o starts to play better.  But until then, I appreciate the solid d and remain hopeful our o gets going.

Go Herd!!   

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, svherd, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, QuickStrike

Offline herdfan09

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 09:23:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Major turn around, IMHO. Our offense could be better, but our defense is playing well. Hopefully we will be clicking on all cylinders by end of year. We won 3 games last year! We have a decent chance of winning out if we keep improving.

Some people will never be happy. They were "promised a change" but (they didn't make a change) and Hamrick "said" he (doesn't need us) Fans.

I'd rather "see some" on here get (grammatical tudoring) before we fire Legg. Jesus.

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also see your point.  But what are you here for?

"well it wears on folks who want to just stop and take a look at how far we have come in one year" 

How does any of what we're discussing or bitching about stop you from appreciating what Marshall has done so far?  You don't need us for you to be happy.  If you're reading a game thread, I'll clue you in as to what you're seeing:  If something good happens, everyone is happy.  If something bad happens, everyone is mad.  It's the same way in the stands, in the suites, in the bars.  Everyone's a hindsight expert, and everyone's a coach, and everyone knows what's best for Marshall, and nobody has the same opinion, exactly.  But like I said I wouldn't want to go to a place just to see 200 people write "Good game" in one thread and then logoff. 

But if that's your cup of tea, try starting a thread that says good win or good game and maybe discuss the things that went well.  Asking people to just accept a win in a game thread where they were reacting to a catastrophe as it occurred is never going to go over well.  And when someone mentions a bad crowd, it's ok.  It's part of the game and experience.  No one is making anyone read those threads and they're certainly not forcing anyone to post in them.  And they're almost always clearly marked by the title as being sarcastic or bluntly negative.  But you guys don't really want that.  You want to wade right in and tell us we're wrong and vice versa. 

You can separate the forums but if it actually works it will be because everyone quits posting.  There's no discussion if there are no opposing views.  Hence the circle jerk I referred to.  That will kill a very active forum.  Utopia doesn't work.  The Matrix had to be remade to add human suffering.  And so on..

MUther, you are right. E-Man just PMed me to let me know this is not a forum for me. I am too positive and appreciate the good things while hoping to improve the bad stuff.

I see the light, this is a forum to bitch about stuff when we are 5-1 and win by more than 30 points. I thought it was different, I was and am wrong.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 09:31:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love this forum and all posters.

A good forum needs all points of view.

I don't feel confident in our o right now and agree with many of the criticisms of it.  But as a relatively knowledgeable football fan I have to point out defense wins championships.

Our team strength is the d.  A good coach strategizes based on their team's strengths.  That is what I believe our coaches are doing.

They can't beat you if they can't score.

Hopefully our o starts to play better.  But until then, I appreciate the solid d and remain hopeful our o gets going.

Go Herd!!

I agree with you.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MUther, you are right. E-Man just PMed me to let me know this is not a forum for me. I am too positive and appreciate the good things while hoping to improve the bad stuff.

I see the light, this is a forum to bitch about stuff when we are 5-1 and win by more than 30 points. I thought it was different, I was and am wrong.

I PMed you to reconsider staying on board. Your mind had already been made up.

Offline herdman

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 09:42:32 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like that some our fans want more and make remarks about the offense, coaching, etc.

Why? that means they care. We could be like 90% of this conference who have fans that don't care, no fans, and no tradition.

Do you think Alabama fans are ever completely happy? No. I have been to an Alabama game where they were on Saban and they were undefeated and whipping Auburn, their hated rival.

Not saying, we are Alabama but we should have expectations. We should always want more and we should talk bout the weaknesses and short comings.

Let's be honest. This conference is basically a pillow fight.  We should dominate most of the teams in it. Right now we are doing well, but the offense needs some work.

I am happy where we are at and pleasantly surprised after what happened last year. We have only won the conference once which is a short coming in my opinion. Maybe this is our year.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ThunderValley, Apollo, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, MUther, herdorbust

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2017, 01:40:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now that is a vision for the future!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2017, 02:17:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What this board needs is a Ditto button.

Then with every new post, everyone can just hit the Ditto button.  Incense and Peppermints all around!

As ole H. Ross Perot would say, "Problem solved"!  ;D

Offline herd2win

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2017, 06:36:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not too smart to complain about something that is not going to change...Legg has been a coach for decades and to expect him to change is asking for punishment...I am glad we are winning and will enjoy it.

I think worse case this team wins 8 games so get used to watching this brand of the Herd because it is not going away.
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:31:11 AM by herd2win »

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The party is over. The teams we have coming up will tell us all we need to know about The Legg O.

I just hope the D holds up because I have a feeling it's all on them.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »