Author Topic: Ipad  (Read 647 times)

Offline Always THE HERD

Ipad
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:51:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thinking of getting an Ipad or something similar. Looking for your recommendations and also where to purchase for my wife.

HerdFans.com

Ipad
    « on: November 30, 2017, 10:51:09 PM »

Offline Always THE HERD

Re: Ipad
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:38:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bump

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have an iPad Pro. Absolutely love it. I have in a case with a nice keyboard and I have the MicroSoft Office suite of products on it and use for both work and personal things. I also have 2 iPad minis. They are great for traveling.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Online carolinaherdfan

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 04:46:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thinking of getting an Ipad or something similar. Looking for your recommendations and also where to purchase for my wife.

This is my second since 2007...have a new 12.9 with phone...it automatically nets in car etc...I love iPads....

Online carolinaherdfan

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where to get...target...apple...Best Buy...wherever you can get the best deal...

I ordered my last via internet....

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where to get...target...apple...Best Buy...wherever you can get the best deal...

I ordered my last via internet....

I had an original I-Pad with only 16GB, the apps & some updates were getting near capacity.

Decided to upgrade to a new one. Did not need top of the line since already have IPhone 6+ and an I-Mac desktop.

The simple update to newer faster chip, better Retina display and 32 GB has been SUPER for me.

Also upgraded Wife’s I-Pad mini with same good results to faster processor & better display.

Bought mine @BJ’s at close out and hers at Target close out plus 5% off using Target credit card.

Both a great.

Offline DamianSep

• Rookie
    « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 09:01:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have read this awesome D-Bal Max article on an iPad Pro. Absolutely love it. I have in a case with a nice keyboard and I have the MicroSoft Office suite of products on it and use for both work and personal things. I also have 2 iPad minis. They are great for traveling.

How durable are those things? I'm prone to dropping my gadgets…
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 06:18:26 AM by DamianSep »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’m also looking for an iPad for my wife. One thing to consider is, like your cell phone, do you want your device to have both cellular and WiFi or just WiFi capability?

I believe Best Buy only sells the WiFi models, AT&T stores sell devices with both.

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 02:15:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With WiFi being almost readily available everywhere I’d strong suggest staying away from cellular data. You can always use your phone as a hot spot in a pinch.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With WiFi being almost readily available everywhere I’d strong suggest staying away from cellular data. You can always use your phone as a hot spot in a pinch.

Agree with Big City, but do not know what you need or want. If you have an unlimited data with your phone, that can change options.

We have limited data plan & choose to limit use to WiFi and do not regret.

Hotels, many restaurants & shopping locations have free WiFi. I would not use their WiFi for banking or other sensitive info. When we stay with family, always ask for WiFi password, so not an issue for us.

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree with Big City, but do not know what you need or want. If you have an unlimited data with your phone, that can change options.

We have limited data plan & choose to limit use to WiFi and do not regret.

Hotels, many restaurants & shopping locations have free WiFi. I would not use their WiFi for banking or other sensitive info. When we stay with family, always ask for WiFi password, so not an issue for us.
    ~
    I do not have a cell phone....but my wife does.

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’m also looking for an iPad for my wife. One thing to consider is, like your cell phone, do you want your device to have both cellular and WiFi or just WiFi capability?

I believe Best Buy only sells the WiFi models, AT&T stores sell devices with both.
    ~
    I did not know one could have an IPad and cellular????

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »