Author Topic: Basketball Team  (Read 3742 times)

Offline GoHerdForLife

Basketball Team
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was really impressed with how the team looked today. I like the bigger guards Coach is bringin in. Like Cam and Collins

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, MUonium

HerdFans.com

Basketball Team
    « on: June 11, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »

Offline herdorbust

Re: Basketball Team
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was really impressed with how the team looked today. I like the bigger guards Coach is bringin in. Like Cam and Collins

This is a much bigger team. Collins reminds me of a young John Brannen.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online MLBULL

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:08:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did Rucker practice today?

Online overherd1

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:18:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Collins the walkon from chapmanville?

Offline GoHerdForLife

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:23:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Collins the walkon from chapmanville?
    yes

Offline Daherdboy

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Collins a guard????
    He’s 6’8” and probably growing.
    Gotta be a shooting forward.
    Retired 10 years early to follow Herd sports.
    Those 10 years have been marvelous.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 08:04:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope they have the answer at point guard. Front court looks to be a strength. Not recruiting Dobbs is a head scratcher.
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 08:05:56 PM by DC01HERD »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope they have the answer at point guard. Front court looks to be a strength. Not recruiting Dobbs is a head scratcher.

I would take Taylor any day over Dobbs.

The following users thanked this post: Herdiowa

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny’s biggest job will be to figure out his starters and rotation. Will west be at the point or Taylor? You have the 2 new Euros vying for playing time. You have jannson, beyers, george, bennett, cam, kinsey etc....competition will be strong at the 3-4-5 spots IMO.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 08:24:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I would take Taylor any day over Dobbs.

Time will tell. I hope you are right.

Offline whf

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 08:33:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I would take Taylor any day over Dobbs.
    Qh[email][/email]Why?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 08:33:48 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 08:45:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Qh[email][/email]Why?

I think he is the better player. He has the total game. Just needs to get his feet wet in live game action.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I think he is the better player. He has the total game. Just needs to get his feet wet in live game action.

That's debatable. Dobbs has been one of the best players in West Virginia for the last 4 years. Obinna was the reason he didn't win 4 state championships. I hope Taylor is awesome and we sign Obinna.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 09:17:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's debatable. Dobbs has been one of the best players in West Virginia for the last 4 years. Obinna was the reason he didn't win 4 state championships. I hope Taylor is awesome and we sign Obinna.

True but i trust Danny. He is the one that has to coach them and live with the consequences. And i agree about Obinna. Would love to land him!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wlf

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 12:48:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Im betting hes going to be a real steal for DD . Him going the redshirt route will help more than anything .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline MUonium

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 07:47:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Him going the redshirt route will help more than anything.

iirc, all three WOs will redshirt, so they're not even in the picture except for practice time and pushing those who will actually be on the bench this year.  does anybody know yet if any of the scholarship players are taking a redshirt?

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Robby Williams was there yesterday as well but had to sit out.
    He had surgery on his right wrist about a month ago. He will get his wraps removed next Wednesday and will then get ready to go. In talking to him he is chomping at the bit.

It was good talking to all the newcomers. Of course I had met Dajour last January in Norfolk at one of his HS games. When I approached him he greeted me before I said a word. In fact, he called me by name.
    When you talk to the kids Danny has been bringing in you see right away that they are quality kids. That is the #1 priority for Danny. He wants them to grow to be quality citizens and alumni that Marshall fans can be proud of.

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, whf, Always THE HERD, Buffalo Bop, jordo7, horsrman, herdorbust

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He had surgery on his right wrist about a month ago. He will get his wraps removed next Wednesday and will then get ready to go. In talking to him he is chomping at the bit.

It was good talking to all the newcomers. Of course I had met Dajour last January in Norfolk at one of his HS games. When I approached him he greeted me before I said a word. In fact, he called me by name.
    When you talk to the kids Danny has been bringing in you see right away that they are quality kids. That is the #1 priority for Danny. He wants them to grow to be quality citizens and alumni that Marshall fans can be proud of.

If they turn out to be half the person DD seems to be;,  MU, their families, and the country will be better places for it. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Collis P, horsrman, herdorbust

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 09:41:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have Danny tell you HIS story some day.  He really struggled early in life and his career - mainly trying to cope with the crash and the loss of friends and mentors.  His life hasn't been all peaches and cream, but he's stronger for it and makes a GREAT example for young kids today who think they have it rough.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Herdmeister

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 09:50:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’m glad to hear Robby Williams is OK. I was concerned about him when I didn’t see him practice and missing the North-South Basketball All-Star Classic.

I read in an article that he is one of the purest shooters in the Kanawha Valley and was named to the All Kanawha Valley Basketball Team made up of the five best players, regardless of class.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 09:50:03 AM »

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2019, 09:51:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Is Robby Williams a scholarship player? I don't remember his name being mentioned????

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Robby Williams a scholarship player? I don't remember his name being mentioned????

He and Devin along with the kid from Cabell Midland are all walking on and redshirting this year. Danny has high hopes for a couple of them working into scholarship players in a couple year
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He and Devin along with the kid from Cabell Midland are all walking on and redshirting this year. Danny has high hopes for a couple of them working into scholarship players in a couple year
    I forgot he is the kid from Charleston Catholic.....sorry for the error!!!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »