Author Topic: Ali  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Flat Tire 2

Ali
« on: December 18, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ali may end up as one of the best running back in Marshall football history?

The following users thanked this post: scherd, mr_ash_1995, ed swain, The E-Man, herd_67, MicDrass1, vanhorn78

HerdFans.com

Ali
    « on: December 18, 2021, 09:55:17 PM »

Offline herdfan2015

Re: Ali
    « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 10:08:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He?s special. His burst at the hole, wiggle and vision are impressive.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, mr_ash_1995, The E-Man, MicDrass1, vanhorn78

Offline herd_67

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • 1 Timothy 6:10
    « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:29:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He reminds me of a smaller Maurice Clarett

The following users thanked this post: Banshee, MicDrass1

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 10:32:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If he is here next year, that will be Huff's greatest recruiting job.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, The E-Man, MicDrass1, vanhorn78

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 11:02:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He needs an NIL deal

Offline tnherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 11:04:48 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

That?s why he got the FSU running back from the portal.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline herd2win

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 09:02:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Ali leaves that is a perfect case of why college sports are no longer fun.  A school like MU developed a great player and then he leaves. 

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 09:16:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rbs make pro here.  He should stay.  Can play in the nfl from here.  He just needs some $

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, The E-Man, HaveUherd

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 10:13:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ali may end up as one of the best running back in Marshall football history?

I would argue he is already one of the best. Ali just ran for 1,401 yards (7th best yardage total in a single season in school history) and 23 TDs (tied with Chris Parker for the 2nd most in school history) all on a team where week in and week out everyone knew he was the only real threat.

Bradshaw may be the only other great Herd back that played with such poor offensive talent around him. The other guys like Parker, Chapman, Johnson, Wallace, they all had the benefit of having weapons in the passing game to keep defenses honest.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 10:44:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will play college 1 more year.  Then he needs to enter draft.  Rbs have only so many carries in them. He?s a stud bc he can catch too.  Dallas Cowboys will draft him. 

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He had very little help around him. We need some of these recruits to be impactful right away.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2021, 12:26:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought during the signing day presser Huff alluded to Ali possibly leaving for pro this year. This is his 3rd year on campus.

After hearing the post game presser, I do believe the players love Huff and believe in his vision. Ali will be at Marshall one more year or in the draft this year.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2021, 12:26:22 PM »

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2021, 01:05:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought during the signing day presser Huff alluded to Ali possibly leaving for pro this year. This is his 3rd year on campus.

After hearing the post game presser, I do believe the players love Huff and believe in his vision. Ali will be at Marshall one more year or in the draft this year.

Class of 2019 - so you are right it is his 3rd year out of Hs.  Maybe he was a NQ

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2021, 01:30:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Class of 2019 - so you are right it is his 3rd year out of Hs.  Maybe he was a NQ

Redshirt 1 year, ride bench 2nd year, played this year but technically is still RS-F due to covid bonus year.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2021, 01:41:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will play college 1 more year.  Then he needs to enter draft.  Rbs have only so many carries in them. He?s a stud bc he can catch too.  Dallas Cowboys will draft him.

How do you know this?

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2021, 04:09:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How do you know this?

I don?t .... they took Knox and Ball.  But he could roll this year with his stat line.  Can catch, run and return kickoffs.  He really runs the ball like a pro.  He has a ton of upside. 

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 04:30:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t .... they took Knox and Ball.  But he could roll this year with his stat line.  Can catch, run and return kickoffs.  He really runs the ball like a pro.  He has a ton of upside.

Oh okay. I hope he stays at least one year and teams up with Leborn for a great combo like Grooms/Butler.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021, 04:33:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need an OC who understands how to use a 2 back system where both get 20 carries a game or a 25/15 ratio.  Cramsey has not been able to do this

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, herdfan129

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2021, 04:57:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of great MU running backs, some old timers on this board might remember Marshall HOF player, Jack Mahone who played with Bob Pruett in the 1965 era. I attended the football game that Jack was inducted into the HOF. I think he was living in California at the time and returned to HTown for the halftime recognition. You could tell he was excited about the honor.

"During an era in which yardage was hard to come by throughout the college football world, Jack Mahone?s numbers were remarkable. The Charleston, W.Va., native burst onto the scene as a junior in 1963 when his 884 rushing yards led the Mid-American Conference and ranked fourth in the nation. Mahone also caught 16 passes for another 188 yards and his 1,072 total yards from scrimmage were most in the nation, boosting Mahone to second team All-MAC honors. His top game was a 29-carry, 224-yard performance in a 14-3 win at Kent State, making him the only Herd player at the time other than College Football Hall of Famer Jackie Hunt ? and the last for another 29 years ? to rush for more than 200 yards in a game. As a senior Mahone again led the MAC in rushing yardage with 878 yards ? 10th best in the nation ? and scored nine touchdowns, sixth in the country. He received first team All-MAC honors as he helped Marshall to a 7-3 overall record and a second place MAC finish at 4-2 in what would be the Herd?s last winning season for the next 20 years. Mahone was inducted into the Marshall Athletic Hall of Fame in 1994."
    https://herdzone.com/hof.aspx?hof=143

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, ed swain

Offline ed swain

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2021, 05:19:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In 64  I was a Junior and some of us were Lambda Chi?s went to the game at Ohio and after we won our final game of the year and being drunk I ran on to the field and ran into the goal post and then jumped on to Mahones back and rode him around the field.He was a great person also as Had been with him several times at the university lounge.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline svherd

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2021, 05:33:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Darius Marshall left early and thought he was NFL material. We know how that turned out. Ali is special,
    Let him develop more and get better and see where it goes.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Darius Marshall left early and thought he was NFL material. We know how that turned out. Ali is special,
    Let him develop more and get better and see where it goes.

I agree that Ali could use another year, but Darius didn't lead the country in TDs when he left. It would not be a given for Ali to put up these stat lines again.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2021, 05:55:26 PM »

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2021, 06:21:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ali is better than D. Marshall.  More pro ready.  It?s going to be interesting if he can duplicate this year again, but I think he puts up bigger numbers next year if OL can block.

Offline grannyandpops

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2021, 06:30:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Brenden Knox in 1 year removed. Seems forgotten.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Brenden Knox in 1 year removed. Seems forgotten.

Lack of speed and coaches failure to utilize him in pass game hurt Knox.  And the OC failed to rotate rbs consistently in what should have been a run heavy offense.  Coaches didn?t help his NFL life.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2021, 06:45:55 PM »